New Porsche
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Porsche within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 450HP. 4.5L. V8 biturbo. 460 lb-ft @ 2,250 - 4,750 rpm. It's somewhere between a station wagon/hatch back/SUV/performance car. I'm ...

New Porsche

450HP. 4.5L. V8 biturbo. 460 lb-ft @ 2,250 - 4,750 rpm.

It's somewhere between a station wagon/hatch back/SUV/performance car. I'm not sure it's good looking... yet. I actually don't think I will ever like it. It's doing its premiere at the Paris Auto Show.

5.6sec for 0-60. Another buddy to play with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1.jpg  
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Porsche Cayenne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p3.jpg  
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

a porsche SUV.. the end of the world is near.

..although I do love the thought that I will soon be able to say that my lowly little wrx killed a 450hp bi-turbo porsche..
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Ew...
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

You beat me to it! I think it looks OK, but I would never (ok, never is a long time) buy one. Just way too many other things I can think of to spend my money on.

It is kind of cool that Porsche has come out with a brand new vehicle, though.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Come on though... Porche coming out with an SUV? The same car company we've always known to but out solely performance cars? This is definitally the beginning of the end (or maybe closer to the end of the end).
    --------------------------------------
    AIM: jeffsw1981
    email: jeff_s_w@yahoo.com

2002 WRBlue WRX (Stock)
    Factory installed options:
    Short Throw Shifter
    Premium Sound System
    Turbo Boost Gauge

I was watching a show on Commercials back in early 90s. That guy knows what he talks about. For instance, when a company has a commercial and do not show their product at all in the whole commercial, it means they are doing strong. They can afford to do that and still customers know their products and who they are. Then he added that when Mercedes and BMW were making more commercials, it means that they need to sell. He also added that the day Porsche or Ferrari will have a commercial on TV, we will know that business is not doing that good for them.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Well, I've seen quite a few Porche commercials on TV in the past couple years...
    --------------------------------------
    AIM: jeffsw1981
    email: jeff_s_w@yahoo.com

2002 WRBlue WRX (Stock)
    Factory installed options:
    Short Throw Shifter
    Premium Sound System
    Turbo Boost Gauge

actually Porsche as a company is doing extremely well. The boxster has been a huge success for them in terms of sales and profits. They are cashing in on the whole stupid SUV craze knowing there are tons of status hungry dumb rich americans with more money than sense just itching to one up their next door neighbors X5/M class/other Stupid Useless Vehicle. They will sell them like hot cakes...there's a sucker born every minute..

Just more german food for us
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

I think it's fugly.

The fact that they have become the type of comany that is willing to cash in on stupid people ruined thier image for me. I have always thought of porsche as top of the line, strictly performance. And a Porsche going throught the dirt!!! Yes we are at the end.

Did anyone hear about the pro rally Ferrari that they were going to race this season? j/k

Banned
    I dont see many subaru commerials so, are they doing good.
    Ive only seen like 3 and 2 were on the speed channel.

Originally posted by BoarderEight
    The fact that they have become the type of comany that is willing to cash in on stupid people ruined thier image for me. I have always thought of porsche as top of the line, strictly performance. And a Porsche going throught the dirt!!! Yes we are at the end.

Did anyone hear about the pro rally Ferrari that they were going to race this season? j/k
    With regard to Porsche's going through dirt, this is not the first one to do so. If I remember correctly, Porsche developed the 959 in the 80's /90's to compete with Ferrari's then new F40. It had an AWD system that was and is probably still one of the most complicated out there. The car was so versatile that Porsche even successfully campaigned the car in the Paris to Dakar rally.. The car won quite convincingly....

Porsche are not strangers to the mud... I think it is just that we tend to associate the company more with it's on-road exploits than off-road.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by BoarderEight

j/k
    911's were used some for rallying in the old days. And as I recall, Porsche ran modified 959's in the Paris-Dakar one year and kicked butt.

But I understand your point. I'm sure the Cayenne will be fast for an SUV, but aside from greed, I don't really understand Porsche's motivation to build an SUV. They are profitable anyway and it does detract from the purity of their sporting image. But I guess it makes more sense than VW building the Phaeton. Who the heck's going to pay $70k for a luxury sedan with a Volkswagon badge on it ?
    Old, but not slow.

Porsche is just trying to milk the fat SUV cash cow right now. Besides, how much are they going to charge for that suv? 100k?
    Give me 911 turbo over that crap any day of the week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.