New Porsche - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Porsche within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What a waste of a good engine....

What a waste of a good engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is easy to claim blasphemy with the introduction of the Cayenne, but if this is the case, then several important factors are being overlooked. First of all, Porsche isn't the only high-performance car company out there that has entered the realm of building trucks. Lamborghini built for quite some time a truck called the LM002 which would give a Hummer a run for its money. More importantly, the Cayenne will probably sell quite well, giving Porsche stable footing for a few more years and allowing them to spend their winnings on newer sports cars. Finally, the Cayenne is an excellent platform for Porsche to test out new technologies that will eventually be incorporated into future vehicles. Imagine the next gen 911 with a bi-turbo V8.......

It's fair to say it doesn't fit in with their "image" and that you're not a fan, but I believe the Cayenne will be a success for Porsche that will ensure their financial stability in what is now quite a rocky time.

Originally posted by jigga
    Porsche are not strangers to the mud... I think it is just that we tend to associate the company more with it's on-road exploits than off-road.
    I remember seeing a show on speedvision a while back that had 2 Porsche 911 Turbos with lift kits on trails out west. The show was sponsored by porsche showing how good their AWD is. It was funny seeing a jacked up sports car going through gulleys and over stones.

If Infiniti can sell a rebaged Nissan SUV for WAY more money, Porsche can sell a station wagon.

I hated all the spy photos of it, but that thing looks mean as hell.

If you build it, they will come.

-Jim

The new Porshe is also a VW Touareg. I believe a joint venture between the two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails touareg-front-350-176.jpg  
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    The new Porshe is also a VW Touareg. I believe a joint venture between the two.
    Yep, same thing until you pop the hood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.