Another broken-hearted S4.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another broken-hearted S4.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am catless w/ UTEC and one of the newer v8 s4's couldn't keep up on the freeway (~80-120). fwiw, ...

I am catless w/ UTEC and one of the newer v8 s4's couldn't keep up on the freeway (~80-120). fwiw, we do have a lot of bad drivers with big pocket books in my area, I am fairly certain that this s4 was an automatic as well.
    Like the wrx, the bi-turbo might have been a bit weak stock but it modded a lot better than the newer v8's, I would rather have a biturbo s4 any day. I do love turbo’s

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's a S4 in town with TBE and EM and that thing is a beast. He pulls on my stage 1 WRX from a roll like it isn't even moving. It sounds evil as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigClunke
    I am catless w/ UTEC and one of the newer v8 s4's couldn't keep up on the freeway (~80-120). fwiw, we do have a lot of bad drivers with big pocket books in my area, I am fairly certain that this s4 was an automatic as well.
    Like the wrx, the bi-turbo might have been a bit weak stock but it modded a lot better than the newer v8's, I would rather have a biturbo s4 any day. I do love turbo’s
    You can almost bet that S4 was auto because there is no way a B6 S4 with a 6-spd would have a problem keeping up with a catless WRX w/UTEC. In fact, I know the B6 S4 can walk a Cobb Stage 2 WRX pretty hard at any speed once rolling. Mod for Mod, the B5 S4 with the 2.7T motor is MUCH more mod friendly because of the software upgrades. With just exhaust and a chip, the B5 S4 can gain almost 100HP. (check GIAC's site). On the highway, especially at speeds over 100MPH, the new S4 is a monster. The bad part of the 4.2 V8 in the S4, is averaging 13 MPG around town !
    Nice kills!
    Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

nice kills
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kills
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I drove real well against him... so I think he must have been modded if a WRX can hang from a roll.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Sounds like a fun race. I played with a (bi) turbo S4 the other day, VERY modified (it looked so). He tried to do a ricer flyby, and I was impressed that I couldn't catch up at all once he passed. I'm an un-tuned UTEC stage 1 STi.

Errrr.... whats the difference between bi turbo and twin turbo? Is twin more parallel and bi more series - ish?

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    I drove real well against him... so I think he must have been modded if a WRX can hang from a roll.
    I had a post here about 2 weeks ago about my WRX Stage 2 pulling on a stock 2000 S4. At 85mph when I downshifted to 4th gear I was able to put 2 cars on him to 120ish. The car is nice and has ever bell and whistle you can think of but as for speed it just didn't seem quick.

The guy I got the WRX from was the one in the S4. We had driven to NY to pick his car up. He's had it about a month now and tells me all the time he misses the WRX.

I also hear with a chip you can see like 60hp but like 110tq.. Thats with no other mods. Thats crazy.

Im thinking he must have had the chip... but there is no way of knowing now.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

I had a GIAC chipped '01 S4 with an intake. It was quick but heavy. My best time at the track was 14 sec flat. It had tons of probs and broke every other month; hence, the new WRX. The power to weight ratio is very poor in that car, but when all is said and done....the Audi that lost the race is still driving home in an Audi
    '06 WR-Blue WRX Sedan
    Vegas baby, Vegas!

My brother has a APR chipped B5 S4. supposed to give him about 330hp. We raced from a 2nd gear roll, even until I hit fouth and then he starts to walk me pretty hard. Intake and full exhaust will give him like, 400hp.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

look out for the turbo upgraded S4, i know i am building one. High 11s/Low 12s trapping 115+ with the right fueling kit and software.

Quote Originally Posted by osu s2k
    look out for the turbo upgraded S4, i know i am building one. High 11s/Low 12s trapping 115+ with the right fueling kit and software.
    Oh wow, hello old thread. And really, turbo upgrades in an S4? Do people ACUTALLY do that?
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Sorry, i was doing some friendly trolling. Probably gonna jump on board with an 07 limited.

is the s4tt, twin turbo right? i feel dumb
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast