People don't respect the WRX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on People don't respect the WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Every time I tell anybody i have WRX i get one of 2 respones 1. Is it an STi? oh ...

People don't respect the WRX

Every time I tell anybody i have WRX i get one of 2 respones

1. Is it an STi? oh its not it would have been cool if it was

or

2. What are you some kind ricer why didn't you get an American Truck

It seems like everybody I know hates on the WRX.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333

or

It seems like everybody I know hates on the WRX.

!!! thats funny you say that !!

I have heard this line

1 MILLION TIMES ... warps dont know shiatt... sure i wish it was an STI but damn give some respect
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

there are people dumb enough to think that they released the STi wagon in the states. im pretty sure they dont know they have them in japan but i always get the, "oh sh*t, its an STi" expression.

I Support ClubWRX
    A guy driving a modified WRX asked me at a red light, "cool...is that an STi?" Now we all know that it's easy to tell a WRX sedan from an STi, but to make it even worse...I have a wagon.

I still think WRXs get enough respect, though. Except for mine - teh wagon might as well be invisible. Which is cool come to think of it. 99% of ricers and cops don't even notice me.
    Last edited by Integra96; 04-15-2005 at 10:40 PM.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Cool Anyways

WRX or STI, both Sweet in my Book! They Own me from a Launch too ...
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

I love my wrx, and I kind of like the way everyone overlooks it because its not an sti....it makes for some nice sleeper kills I bought mine in april of 03 (its an 04 bodystyle) so you couldnt even get the sti yet when i bought mine (and in june when they got theirs they already had a list of 150 people waiting for a hell of a lot less cars comming), and it was like 24K so nice low payments. Its basically stock appearing too....except the bov &exhaust, so it really comes off as a sleeper around here, I may eventually cave and trade in for an sti....but they'll get an almost stock wrx and i'll have some parts for my STi already .
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

I get the STi comment a lot, but for the most part I get a good deal of respect. Most of my domestic buddies respect my car for being a mid-low 13sec 4cylinder that has no trouble driving through snow. As for other people on the road, some people are oblivious to what the wrx is capable of, but also, a lot of people are perfectly aware of what kind of car it is, and I rarely get rev'd at by civics, etc... because I think a majority of them know what the outcome will be...

I dunno, I have driven 2 modded maxima's (got very little respect from most enthusiests, until I gave them a ride in the car) and a modded GSR (quick, but known as a typical "ricer" car)... my wrx ask for respect and usually gets it
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I hear option 1 from so many people. Most of the people who have said that to me drive cars that are not as nice as the WRX.

i get the same thing. people will ask me "is that the 300 horsepower one" i just reply to them, i wish it was. but it dont bother me. people who know about cars, know about the potential the wrx has.
    " I'm a bad man"

I work at a police station, and on 2 consecutive days last week, cops came up to me after work, and were like "That's an awesome car. Isn't that the one with the Porsche engine?" I couldn't figure out what the h3ll they were talking about until I went home and thought about it. (Meaning Boxter engine, instead of boxer).

Then of course, one of the cops said "but that's not the real fast one, though, right?" I said it's fast enough, and then ripped out of the parking lot.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Evo IX: 475whp

Both DYNOFLASH

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333

or

I've heard the STI response a few times, but never the American truck one

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, the "Is that an STi?" comment is annoying.

The sound of the boxer rumble / Cobb TBE turns heads sometimes ... this pretty much makes up for it. It seems to be largely Civic-ricey bee-hive buzzing around here.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Yeah, the "Is that an STi?" comment is annoying.
    yeh especially when a salesman at a subaru dealership asked me if mine was. i was like , 1st, my car is an 02, and they didn't come over until model year 04. just because i have CF STi sidemarkers. he is a moron.
    what?

People don't respect the wrx cause at the dragstrip they run horrible times. Everytime i go i see about 5 or 6 wrxs and even the ones with exhaust are running 15s@89mph its really sad, only one broke into the 13s last night and it had an aftermarket turbo and it still only ran a 13.5. Even the 3 stis were in the 14s and high 13s and this track is at a low elevation and it was in the 30s last night. I guess its really hard to drag a wrx i have no clue i won't be drag racing mine. I have been to the drags 3 times this year and i have seen a number of 15 second wrxs.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Registered User silver_rex_4eat's Avatar

i dont drag my car either...

The respect comes in in the twisty hilly roads near my house when i can take corners at hight rate of speed where other cars cant or wont. Awd + good tires+ handling components+ upgraded brakes= hell of a fun time on non straight roads. That is where i like to have fun with my car.

Now that the wrx and STi have been out for a while more people are beginning to learn what they are. When i first got my 2002 in mid 2003 alot of people had no clue at all. I gave up trying to tell them what it had and the potential. Most often I would say turbo charged and then i get a smile ANy ways i dont worry about what most people think those that know what these cars are should and usually do give the respect they deserve.

chris
    Eibach pro kit, Progress adjustable rear sway bar, helix spherical endlinks, noltec steering rack bushing, 17x7.5 bronze rota tarmac 2 wrapped 225/45/17 yokohama avs es 100, racing brake front rotors, carbotech bobcats front pads, goodrigde ss brake lines, turbo xs axle back, turbo xs type h bov, silencer removal, k and n panel filter, painted blue calipers, and optimum blue top battery, sylvania silverstar headlights and rally lights.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast