People don't respect the WRX - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on People don't respect the WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; At least you guys don't have everyone asking you, "Hey, that thing got a Hemi" I'm so sick of hearing ...

At least you guys don't have everyone asking you, "Hey, that thing got a Hemi" I'm so sick of hearing that, every time I stop for gas, at redlights, everywhere. It amazes me how stupid some people are.
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bad360rt
    At least you guys don't have everyone asking you, "Hey, that thing got a Hemi" I'm so sick of hearing that, every time I stop for gas, at redlights, everywhere. It amazes me how stupid some people are.

just grin and say "I run down hemi's and eat them alive"
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I got asked, "Hey man, is that a sti?"

I said, "Yeah, it is."

The guy said, "No it's not poser." (I have an 02 WRX)

So I popped my hood

|
    v
    - Capt Crunch

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Crunch
    I got asked, "Hey man, is that a sti?"

I said, "Yeah, it is."

The guy said, "No it's not poser." (I have an 02 WRX)

So I popped my hood

|
    v

your like one of like 10 people that can say that in the u.s. he got owned.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Try having a bugeye RS. I was at the gas station the other day and some clowns in a 1st generation Prelude pulled up behind me and kept telling me that my "wrx" sucks and that they would wax me. I also get a couple of "nice neon". Most of the time, "car aficianados" tell me something about my unequal exhuast note, I just smile and say boxer and watch their puzzled looks.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    just grin and say "I run down hemi's and eat them alive"
    Yeah, I usually tell 'em "Nah, mine's faster"
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    People don't respect the wrx cause at the dragstrip they run horrible times. Everytime i go i see about 5 or 6 wrxs and even the ones with exhaust are running 15s@89mph its really sad, only one broke into the 13s last night and it had an aftermarket turbo and it still only ran a 13.5. Even the 3 stis were in the 14s and high 13s and this track is at a low elevation and it was in the 30s last night. I guess its really hard to drag a wrx i have no clue i won't be drag racing mine. I have been to the drags 3 times this year and i have seen a number of 15 second wrxs.
    The last time I checked the WRX/STi is Subaru's WRC platform. Apples and oranges... I guess because drag/street racing is the easiest for most people to access that is what they're going to do. I don't drag race in my Suby, I use it for the trips up to the mt. and daily driving. I am lucky enough to have a quarter miler, but the main draw back to owning it is the lack of driveabilty.

I gave a speech on the WRX (excluding STi because of time limits) for class, and I remember saying "turbocharged" somewhere in the description of the motor.

After my speech this kid asks me "Hey, do you have an STi or WRX?" I said WRX and the kid goes "Oh man, thats too bad cause the STi is turbo" And I just looked at him kinda like this

I guess he didn't listen to my speech..

Quote Originally Posted by bad360rt
    I get that one all the time in my Durango. I just tell them the hemi didn't come in the Durango till they turned it into a minivan.

As for the STi line. WOW I wish people asked me that. I get people calling me a ricer all the time. One of the guys at work was making fun of my car saying it had a "fart can" on it. I tired telling him it's a $1200.00 3" exhaust but he still laugh. Then I took him for a ride and he said it was the fastest car he has ever been in.

My boss still thinks his late 90's F150 is faster then my car. But then again he still has long hair like the 80's hair bands so I don't pay much attention to him.

From FamilyMan2: "This is not a chick magnet."

?

Women seem to love the RS. Responses range from "Cute" and "Sporty" when they see it, to "Awsome!" and "Oh my God! My Explorer would have flipped if I did that!" when they get a ride through the twisties.

My wife says it is comfy, handles good on bumps. It is also the first vehicle she actually wanted to drive across Deals Gap. That is saying a lot since she also rides the much more capable EX500. Must be something about the RS's airbags and seatbelts, huh? (Yes we have owned a couple of sports cars, too. She does not like tail happy cars. Too unforgiving.)

The only person who disses the RS is a 1/4 mile junkie who drives a cammed out beater 5.0 that got left by a WRX in some 90 mph sweepers. He loves to point out the lack of a turbo; it makes him feel happy that he can beat my little car at something. (Until he breaks his tranny again) I guess repeatedly seeing the taillights of my lowly saddlebagged 500 Ninja put a chip on his shoulder. Guys who spend all their money on engines they can't steer get that way sometimes. But he is not a curve or a woman, so I just laugh at him.

I got the "is that an sti line twice in one day". My balls shrank 2 sizes

oh well, out of the 50 cars that passed my apartment tonoght while i was counting 2 would have beat me for sure and one was a close call, so im happy.

2.0 PRIDE
    I just got my new WRX and Im once again completely addicted to turbo boost

-Worx dual stage BOV (50% intake 50% atmosphere)
    -Cobb Accesport stage 1
    -cleared headlamps (pm for info on this freebie)

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbikes
    From FamilyMan2: "This is not a chick magnet."

?

Women seem to love the RS. Responses range from "Cute" and "Sporty" when they see it, to "Awsome!" and "Oh my God! My Explorer would have flipped if I did that!" when they get a ride through the twisties.

My wife says it is comfy, handles good on bumps. It is also the first vehicle she actually wanted to drive across Deals Gap. That is saying a lot since she also rides the much more capable EX500. Must be something about the RS's airbags and seatbelts, huh? (Yes we have owned a couple of sports cars, too. She does not like tail happy cars. Too unforgiving.)

The only person who disses the RS is a 1/4 mile junkie who drives a cammed out beater 5.0 that got left by a WRX in some 90 mph sweepers. He loves to point out the lack of a turbo; it makes him feel happy that he can beat my little car at something. (Until he breaks his tranny again) I guess repeatedly seeing the taillights of my lowly saddlebagged 500 Ninja put a chip on his shoulder. Guys who spend all their money on engines they can't steer get that way sometimes. But he is not a curve or a woman, so I just laugh at him.
    What's even better is when you whoop their ass at both straight line and curves. Then they really have nothing to say. It's like your car's made for straight lines and you still get the smack down I can count the number of huge ass slicked gutted/roll cage race machines I have beaten at the track (drag strip). Even when the few manage to beat me they only edge me out

Of course you always have your 10 second machines, but those are complete trailor queens. I have only seen a few streetable 10 second cars at the track.
    Last edited by fre; 04-23-2005 at 01:28 AM.
    11.1 @ 131

funny thread... in light of all your "is that an sti" talk... i get ALL KINDs of stupid questions about that car... most people think a nissan sentra is a POS... and havent even hear of the SE-R spec v.... but the funniest thing ever was this guy who saw it asked me...

" is this one of those new subaru's?"

i was like.... wow.... no....

but selling my car soon enough.... still debating between the z and the wrx
    2003 Nissan 350z Supercharged
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I can chirp my left shoe if I launch hard enough from a dig. The tread is wearing away on my Vans, though. Still, this is manageable with the 0.34hp (at the foot) that I can generate. From a roll on, I need to switch to the indoor meats (socks) or be drunk to chirp 'em at speed. Your friend must be a puss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.