People don't respect the WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on People don't respect the WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; stop crying ladies. try owning a glorified neon. it gets respect from people that know what it is. but just ...

stop crying ladies. try owning a glorified neon. it gets respect from people that know what it is. but just a daily driven car past any old body. ive gottin "look at that pos neon with rims, or *** in a girls car, or whys your neons exhaust sound like a truck, ur to poor to get a real exhaust?" so get in line for the lack of respect colum. also the srt4 appereance package just got release which is a reg neon dressed like a srt4 down to the T minus the rims and the front facia is a tad diff. has dual exhaust, big hoop wing, cowl hood and all. all the civics with cans are gonna start thinking they can hang with srt4s YO, DU FASTEST CAR EVA!
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I've heard the STI response a few times, but never the American truck one
    Theres alot of people at my high school that are into the domestic sport truck scene.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Theres alot of people at my high school that are into the domestic sport truck scene.
    Word. The southwest is full of this scene. 99% of the time it should be called the 17.5 second @ 82mph loud exhaust and rollpan truck scene, but there is a handful of fast/nice ones. This genre of modified vehicles blends into the arroz-truck scene - i.e., lowered F-150 on 12" gold rims and every JC Whitney plastic accessory known to man bolted on.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

JC Whitney stuff is like the APC for trucks
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah...I get that "is that an STi?" a lot too....
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

fre
    At least you don't get people saying nice body kit on that lancer. LOL

I don't get the truck thing. Why on earth would we need more super duty diesels running around thinking they are fast.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    At least you don't get people saying nice body kit on that lancer. LOL

I don't get the truck thing. Why on earth would we need more super duty diesels running around thinking they are fast.
    Exactly. 3000lb 4 cylinder is still faster than a 6000lb truck with a V8
    FORZA FERRARI

I have had my WRX for almost a month now. No one knows what a WRX is. They think it is some new Outback model. I have given up on trying to explain to friends what it can do. The 2nd looks I get are from high school boys. This is not a chick magnet. Be happy that they even know what an STI is.

Geez,

Sounds like you guys are in the wrong country if you want respect for the WRX.
    People over here dont dis them at all, they just ask if Ive still got my licence.
    Probably has something to do with the fact that we have had them since 1994.

*Side note - Interestingly enough, alot of the respect for WRXs used to come from the criminal sector - in the late 1990's they were being stolen all over the place and used as getaway cars. (The police V8s couldnt catch them)
    Which is why my insurance is so high.*
    Silver Wagon Club

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I've gotten the STI queston and my car is a bugeye.

I can top all those STi confusion stories....

While stopped in traffic a few weeks ago with my window down, an old lady (at least in her 60s) going in the opposite direction looked over and said she liked my car. She said she used to own one 10 years ago and that she drove it all the way to Alaska; at this point I'm like . Then she said, and I quote, "Yea, I really miss my Volkswagon Bug." At this point, the light had changed and I drove on.

I still <3 teh bugeyes, though- especially when those damn edms I ordered 3 months ago come in.

Nobody ever thinks my car is cool or fast when I tell them about it, then they see/hear/feel it and it ALWAYS changes their minds. One of those things about driving a subaru....they're just not "fast" cars in the eyes of Americans.

If it can turn its not fast enough in theminds of alot of simple minded people these are the same ones who have gun racks and 3 24 on their pickups.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

People assume mine is an sti all the time too, even though it is a bugeye, has the little wing, tiny brakes...

Its funny the number of people that have no idea what it is though. for example i was driving through my parking lot at college and some chicks were rollerblading and i had to shift and my bov went off, and then right after i drove by them i heard one of the chicks yell out your car sucks ass. I was about to slam on the brakes and say get in, but i had stuff to do.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Yeah I get asked if I have an STi all the time too. But guess what I get to tell em?
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

When my dad saw my 02 WRX he actually laughed at it. He said " I can't picture you driving that."
    He said it looked like a small slow economy car. No respect for it what so ever.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast