People don't respect the WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on People don't respect the WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 People don't respect the wrx cause at the dragstrip they run horrible times. Everytime i go ...

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    People don't respect the wrx cause at the dragstrip they run horrible times. Everytime i go i see about 5 or 6 wrxs and even the ones with exhaust are running 15s@89mph its really sad, only one broke into the 13s last night and it had an aftermarket turbo and it still only ran a 13.5. Even the 3 stis were in the 14s and high 13s and this track is at a low elevation and it was in the 30s last night. I guess its really hard to drag a wrx i have no clue i won't be drag racing mine. I have been to the drags 3 times this year and i have seen a number of 15 second wrxs.
    yeah, thats because people are stupid. I went to highschool with 4 other people that had wrx's and I was the only one that actually tooled around on the forums and a "good deal" of knowledge pertaining to the car. One guy could driver real good because he street raced a lot, but I see SO many wrx's around and many of them wouldn't even know how to launch the car, so they go to the track with no knowledge of what the car can do, and how to get it to that point.......... hence a stock wrx running 15's

it sucks because other people's inability to drive their car makes the rest of us look bad the enthusiest world
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea ive gotten the STi question. But my car is Red, the STi doesnt come in red LOL. granted i have STi splitters, but this happened a lot even before those.

No one has ever said to me why not an American Truck lol. I had people ask me why i went from an Acura to a Subaru, why not an SRT-4, why not an Evo (since i planned on getting one), and why not a RSX-S (since i had base RSX before).
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Yesterday I had a guy excitedly tell his friend as I drove by "Hey - that's a WRX STi". As you can see from my sig, it is not. I do keep it clean though
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Yesterday I had a guy excitedly tell his friend as I drove by "Hey - that's a WRX STi". As you can see from my sig, it is not. I do keep it clean though
    they confused your LGT for an STi
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

hahaha just this morning i was warming my car up and as soon as i got out of it, this truck came out of nowhere and asked me, "STi". as usual my response is, "no not yet, but im getting there". atleast i still get compliments on the wagon.

Its ok when i was picking up oil form pep boys and came out some guys asked me if that was a sti i was like yes. Then the one kid goes thats got 500 stock right... I said 500 what he said, hp. I said yes of coarse he was like holy $hit man.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by S4toSTI
    Its ok when i was picking up oil form pep boys and came out some guys asked me if that was a sti i was like yes. Then the one kid goes thats got 500 stock right... I said 500 what he said, hp. I said yes of coarse he was like holy $hit man.
    You're in for a shockar. The STi does have 500 horsepower. Subaru just underrates it from the factory for legal reasons.

For some reason, they lose about 250hp on the dyno.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I always hear the same.

I also get the, "why dont you just get a mustang" line too.
    FS: 02 WRX with JDM V7 RA-C

Quote Originally Posted by silver_rex_4eat
    The respect comes in in the twisty hilly roads near my house when i can take corners at hight rate of speed where other cars cant or wont. Awd + good tires+ handling components+ upgraded brakes= hell of a fun time on non straight roads. That is where i like to have fun with my car.

chris

I like the way you think.

I've gotten the STI queston and my car is a bugeye.

about 1.5 years ago, me and a couple wrx guys went to my professor's class field trip. My class was at night, so instead of going to class, he told the whole class to go to a local pizza joint (he paid for everything including beer hahaha).

So after the pizza dinner, we stepped outside along with a classmate and his gf. We were standing next to our cars and the girl was like "hey what kind of cars are those?"

My buddy said "It's a wrx."

She immediately had a stumped and confused look on her face like this one -->

Then my buddy said "It's a Subaru."

She said "oh" like she knew what a Subaru was but still had the look lol

Well at least the real car people give respect I know my car will handle better than most of the domestics that my friends have. The sport truck people (at least the ones I know) are what get on my nerves, they think because they have a loud exhaust and a roll pan that they can kill any car on the road.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 04-16-2005 at 03:47 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar
    yeah i bought my WRB 2002 WRX 3 weeks ago and the next day in school EVEYONE knew i had one, because i was the only sophmore without a license that drove a wrx. LOL halarious

people came up tp me going "DUDE YOU GOT A WRX" im like yes, they go IS IT AN STI?!?! i go nope wrx.

ALSO (this is good)

they confuse the wrX with rsX rX7 rX8 and ****. its soooooo funny

but if you worried about people knowing its not the sti get a loud ass BOV and it will make up for it LOL. but it may cause some problems . that and what someone posted earlier about the cobb turboback exhaust will turn heads and make up for it
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

Yeah someone asked me if it was a supra the other day i politely said no. Yeah and i knew about the 250 loss but i didn't know anyone else did.

I get the sti question as well. Since i beat an evo MR at a light, i guess i am not that far off (and a pretty good driver).
    I usually look at it this way; for every car length American muscle can put on me in a straight, I can put about 10 lengths on them through some turns.
    I am much happier with those results

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.