Benz S500 goes down.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Benz S500 goes down. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yea so I'm driving today, getting off exit 34 off the LIE on the service road. Look in my rear ...

Benz S500 goes down.

Yea so I'm driving today, getting off exit 34 off the LIE on the service road. Look in my rear view and a black Benz is up my butt. So I slow up and he goes flying by me. I thought it was an E55 from the front, but when I saw his rear it said S500. No AMG We get the light. Now this guy must have been 80+ Car looked brand new. Light turned green I didn't think he was going to launch. So I just rolled off normal? Yup! He did, he put 2 cars on me. I caught him by third and walked him pretty easy. Anyway good run, my first grandpa kill. Plus he gives me a thumbs up. This is one for the history books.

My Evo has 270ish wheel horsepower.

S500, I looked up the specs V8 305hp 330Tq.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats, you beat an 80 year old in a 4000lb car who probably didnt even realise you were racing him A 5.0L V8 only gets stronger at higher speeds and I serioulsy doubt you would have started to pull if he was flooring it. The Evo is a great car, I have had one myself but lets be honest, you are driving a supped up econo box and he is pimping one of the nicest cars on the road, he still wins.

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Congrats, you beat an 80 year old in a 4000lb car who probably didnt even realise you were racing him A 5.0L V8 only gets stronger at higher speeds and I serioulsy doubt you would have started to pull if he was flooring it. The Evo is a great car, I have had one myself but lets be honest, you are driving a supped up econo box and he is pimping one of the nicest cars on the road, he still wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    My Evo has 270ish wheel horsepower.
    S500, I looked up the specs V8 305hp 330Tq.
    270whp>305crank hp
    3xxxlbs<4xxxlbs
    TurboWill's Evo is much faster than that heavy box. Sorry mball, you are wrong. Oh, by the way its realize, not realise.

Thank You for your negative info
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails owned.gif  

You my friend, have obviously never heard of power to weight ratio.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

I Support ClubWRX
    A 5.0L V8 only gets stronger at higher speeds .
    Tell that to all those fox body mustang owners that get dusted by our vehicles.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jdmpwrdr
    You my friend, have obviously never heard of power to weight ratio.
    Thank you I forgot how much of a fraction of a second every 100 lbs. takes off your 1/4 mile but it was quite a chunk.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    270whp>305crank hp
    3xxxlbs<4xxxlbs
    TurboWill's Evo is much faster than that heavy box. Sorry mball, you are wrong. Oh, by the way its realize, not realise.
    "Realise" is a perfectly valid way to spell it. Might want to grab a dictionary before your next great putdown.

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    "Realise" is a perfectly valid way to spell it. Might want to grab a dictionary before your next great putdown.
    While you are correct, the word realize would've been a much better choice given the context. The spelling realize is the American spelling variation and realise is the British varaiation. That guy "mball" was just being a jackass, so I returned the favor. If you take a look at his recent posts you'll notice that he likes to bench race in the WRX. vs World section.

reˇalˇize
    1. To comprehend completely or correctly.
    2. To bring into reality; make real: He finally realized his lifelong ambition to learn how to play the violin.
    3. To make realistic: a film that realizes court life of the 17th century.
    4. To obtain or achieve, as gain or profit: She realized a substantial return on the investment.
    5. To bring in (a sum) as profit by sale.

realise
    v 1: earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages; "How much do you make a month in your new job?"; "She earns a lot in her new job"; "this merger brought in lots of money"; "He clears $5,000 each month" [syn: gain, take in, clear, make, earn, realize, pull in, bring in] 2: convert into cash; of goods and property [syn: realize] 3: expand or complete (a thorough-based part in a piece of baroque music) by supplying the harmonies indicated in the figured bass [syn: realize] 4: make real or concrete; give reality or substance to; "our ideas must be substantiated into actions" [syn: realize, actualize, actualise, substantiate] 5: be fully aware or cognizant of [syn: recognize, recognise, realize, agnize, agnise] 6: perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea" [syn: understand, realize, see]

I was going to say OWN3D but I think SCHOOL3D is a much better choice here.
    220whp 210wtq

I was going to say OWN3D but I think SCHOOL3D is a much better choice here.

Quote Originally Posted by §tī
    Thank you I forgot how much of a fraction of a second every 100 lbs. takes off your 1/4 mile but it was quite a chunk.
    I believe it's a full .10 for every 100lbs. Don't quote me though.
    220whp 210wtq

I believe it's a full .10 for every 100lbs. Don't quote me though.

Yep -that's the correct rule of thumb: 0.1s (or 1mph) per 100lbs of weight reduction.

If you guys compare the wheel-power/weight of the two cars, this story isn't so unbelieveable.

However, I call BS on the part where the old man gave a "thumbs-up". I just can't believe that.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

I'm not saying the Evo dodnt win the "race" with the old fart, I am saying there is no way he would have "walked him pretty easy" from 3rd gear on if grandpa was flooring it and trying to race him. They would have at least been even or the Evo would have maybe had a half length but no way he would have easily walked him at high speeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast