Benz S500 goes down. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Benz S500 goes down. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by pingflood "Realise" is a perfectly valid way to spell it. Might want to grab a dictionary before ...

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    "Realise" is a perfectly valid way to spell it. Might want to grab a dictionary before your next great putdown.
    You might want to read the defintions closer.

Anyway, its always cool to see old people race. I had what looked like an 80 yr old man try to take off on me with a smile on his face in his oldsmobile a couple years ago.
    Last edited by Damien83; 04-15-2005 at 11:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill

t
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    However, I call BS on the part where the old man gave a "thumbs-up". I just can't believe that.
    Old of age young at heart

Great run man... they're boats but they got a little bit of power.

Surprisingly, the other day I raced an sl55 amg out the tolls and pulled him till the top of 3rd.. needless to say I was

Nice kill! My dad has an S500 4matic, and I do have to say that they get stronger with speed. First gear on those cars are superlong, so they dont get going too quickly. On the highway though, they are dead silent inside and comfy too thanks to the air suspension. Very nice cars.. It is probably the first car I have driven where it is so comfortable and undemanding to drive that I could fall asleep driving it.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

try racing the s500 from a higher roll speeds. Though downlow, and midrange power is given to the evo, the s500 has a much better top end... though they usually trap around 100mph. The s500 will start to pull after 100mph but by then, the quarter mile is long gone.

btw, i wonder how i would do against a stock evo when i get my e46 m3? i think i have a really good chance!!!!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    try racing the s500 from a higher roll speeds. Though downlow, and midrange power is given to the evo, the s500 has a much better top end... though they usually trap around 100mph. The s500 will start to pull after 100mph but by then, the quarter mile is long gone.

btw, i wonder how i would do against a stock evo when i get my e46 m3? i think i have a really good chance!!!!
    btw, its probably going to be convertible... but still quick... 13.5 @ 105mph is best i have seen!!!!!!!!!!!! thats still good? right? maybe i should get dinan chip.

Stock coupe m3 e46 runs 13.2 @ 108mph traps.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Its going to be a driver's race that's for sure. I find it funny that people find kill stories so hard to believe (and why the hell would anyone make something so trivial up). I have beaten a whole lot of cars that I shouldn't have on paper. Hell, I beat a new EVO MR by a big car length without launching (I think he might have tried but didn't really do a great job ). I am just catless w/UTEC. Even a whole second difference can be easily made up while racing on the street against a poor driver.

Well Maybe the S500 would pull me after 120+? What ever I race from a dig until 100mph.
    I'm really not going to mod my Evo much more. I just bought a bike that will smoke pretty much anything on the road
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Well Maybe the S500 would pull me after 120+? What ever I race from a dig until 100mph.
    I'm really not going to mod my Evo much more. I just bought a bike that will smoke pretty much anything on the road
    yeah... it should theoratically. The evo stock runs 101-103 mph traps... so i wouldn't doubt their v8 should start pulling. But with a launch from the evo, it wont catch up for a VERY long time.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BigClunke
    I find it funny that people find kill stories so hard to believe (and why the hell would anyone make something so trivial up).
    Exactly. Some people think most of these kill stories posted by 14 year old kids with active imaginations and a copy of GT4.
    There is a video on this very board of an EVO handing a Ferrari its ass.
    Walking a 4 ton 5.0 shouldnt be so hard to believe.
    Silver Wagon Club

schoolloans
    I have about a 210 whp WRX and I ran absolutely door to door with a new E500 up til about 100 (two seperate times) were he started to walk away...can't imagane why people would think your result was so hard to believe...Yeah, those guys are driving amazing vehicles, but its nice to see the look on their faces when you surprise then with you...what did that guy call it...econobox? Fine by me...thats why we're driving them

That power to weight stuff works nicely up to around 90-100, then its all power to drag. You'd be shocked at what kind of huge cars can pull with us/you at those speeds. Stick to the slow stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    I'm not saying the Evo dodnt win the "race" with the old fart, I am saying there is no way he would have "walked him pretty easy" from 3rd gear on if grandpa was flooring it and trying to race him. They would have at least been even or the Evo would have maybe had a half length but no way he would have easily walked him at high speeds.
    According to his first post, the grandpa initiated the race and gave him the thumbs up after, so we assume the grandpa was flooring his S500. S500s are def. quick on the straights they even have 7speed automatics now, but an evo with some mods should be able to beat them, atleast until ridiculous high speeds(german cars are made for the autobahn afterall).

schoolloans
    Thought only the CSL has the 7 speed

Quote Originally Posted by kg21
    According to his first post, the grandpa initiated the race and gave him the thumbs up after, so we assume the grandpa was flooring his S500. S500s are def. quick on the straights they even have 7speed automatics now, but an evo with some mods should be able to beat them, atleast until ridiculous high speeds(german cars are made for the autobahn afterall).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12