Got smoked by a new corvette....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got smoked by a new corvette.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cruising along at 55 mph, and a GORGEOUS new vette pulls alongside of me and starts reving at me. I ...

Got smoked by a new corvette....

Cruising along at 55 mph, and a GORGEOUS new vette pulls alongside of me and starts reving at me. I know I'm gonna lose, but I drop it into 3rd and punch it. He stomps on it also and slowly starts to walk away from me until about 90 mph when he really starts pullin away. At that point I was maybe a car and a half back at the most. I kept going until around 110 and by then I was around 3 cars back. He tapped his brakes, slowed down and so did I. It was an older guy who looked like he was in his late 40's or early 50's. He gave a friendly wave and a thumbs up, and took off. Of course I didn't win, but I don't think I did too bad. Let me tell you that those cars are no joke. I absolutely love the rear of the car, as that is what I mainly saw.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Vettes are awesome. Its too bad there's so many of them in my area. I get more of a hard on seeing a Cobra than a vette, which is pretty sad.

btw, what color was it?
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

rickyh, you just have to do it, don't you?

it's awesome that big guys like that dude likes to play. i'm sure he knows that our cars are capable--

good run!

I'm really thinkin about a bigger turbo now. I want more top end. Maybe I should try 21 psi instead of 19.........

I used to never race anyone. For the past week I have been reving on everyone within sight.

It was a maroonish color. Haven't seen it before. Almost a burgandy, it was so dark.

you're now addicted to boost or a boost freak!

i'm now boosting 21psi -- I can't help but smile whenever I hit WOT

Quote Originally Posted by rickyh
    I'm really thinkin about a bigger turbo now. I want more top end. Maybe I should try 21 psi instead of 19.........

I used to never race anyone. For the past week I have been reving on everyone within sight.

It was a maroonish color. Haven't seen it before. Almost a burgandy, it was so dark.

take it is a sign, you need to mod some more
    " I'm a bad man"

Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    take it is a sign, you need to mod some more
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

hmm

I vs one but it was a guy in his early 30's i was with my dad because i only have my permit i was with him all the way at around 92mph i was slowy moving up in front of him at 113 but it was a close race he was on my rear left passenger side door.. We knew the guy he lived 2 houses down from us we vs him with my dads viper too he couldn't keep up We was like WTF he already knew what i had in it but i wont be able to see the guy anymore sry Tom i used to live in MD with dad+stepmom but moved back to RI with Mom and Stepdad and bro+sis
    Last edited by SRT488; 04-17-2005 at 07:20 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT488
    I vs one but it was a guy in his early 30's i was with my dad because i only have my permit i was with him all the way at around 92mph i was slowy moving up in front of him at 113 but it was a close race he was on my rear left passenger side door.. We knew the guy he lived 2 houses down from us we vs him with my dads viper too he couldn't keep up We was like WTF he already knew what i had in it but i wont be able to see the guy anymore sry Tom i used to live in MD with dad+stepmom but moved back to RI with Mom and Stepdad and bro+sis

Your racing with a drivers permit with your dad in the car and you are pulling on a C6 corvette? Are you okay? Maybe you need to go and see a doctor?Why didn't your dad smack you in the back of your head since you are only driving on a learners permit? And your stock SRT-4 230whp vs C6 385whp+ and you pull on him?

sweet! its fadi part II

o yeah, btw: an SRT-4 makes nearly 150whp less than a C6
    Last edited by DTR rex; 04-17-2005 at 01:23 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

lol

Inless he wasn't trying who knows all i kno is i was pulling away and he was sticking with me.
    Who said i was stock 380hp plans to make it 420hp

:MODS:
    B&B full 3" turbo back exhaust/ Walbro 255LPH fuel pump/ AGP Turbo T3/T4 Garrett 60Trim .63 A/ RC 750cc Fuel Injectors/ AGP Dog Bone solid motor mounts/ Apexi Super AFC-2/ Perrin Cold Air Intake/ Perrin fuel rail/ Fuel Return kit/ Tach Adapter/ Fuel pressure regulator/ Sport Comp Crane ignition/ AFX underdrive pulley/ Iceman 60mm throttle body/ DSS axles Stage 3/ Hawk brake pads/ Clutch Master Stage 3/ Stage 2 ECU(PCM) upgrade with turbo toys/ MSD ignition coil/ MSD spark plug wires/ HKS super sequential blow-off valve/ Mopar short throw shifter/ Booger bushings/ Split Second voltage clamp/ Tokico 5-way adjustable struts/ DC Sports SRT-4 strut bar/ Eibach springs/ Energy Suspension sway bars/ Powder coated valve cover/ Custom catch can/ Perrin pressure pipe/ Perrin Huge front-mount intercooler/ MPX coilpack and wire heat shield/ P-werks SRT-4 tri-point rear strut tower brace/ HKS EVC 5 boost controller/ MPX clear 3rd brake light/ Euro clear corner lenses/ Mopar taillights/ Wings West Wide Body kit - seamless/ IP2 carbon fiber hood/ MPX carbon fiber foglamp covers/ 18" Motegi FF5 Hyperblack rims/ Shaved antenna/Roof Mount antenna/ E-brake boot/ Shift boot/ Custom metal floor plates/ SRT-4 gauges (air/fuel ratio, amp, oil, boost)/ Kenwood Excelon DVD 7" Flip touch-screen/ 2 X 8" Bazooka NOS tubes/ Sony Explod Amp/ SRT-4 door sills/ HVAC billet control knobs/ cross-drilled, slotted rotors/ limited slip differential/
    PS2 Just added week ago
    Last edited by SRT488; 04-17-2005 at 01:56 PM.

Inless he wasn't trying who knows all i kno is i was pulling away and he was sticking with me.
    Who said i was stock 380hp plans to make it 420hp

:MODS:
    B&B full 3" turbo back exhaust/ Walbro 255LPH fuel pump/ AGP Turbo T3/T4 Garrett 60Trim .63 A/ RC 750cc Fuel Injectors/ AGP Dog Bone solid motor mounts/ Apexi Super AFC-2/ Perrin Cold Air Intake/ Perrin fuel rail/ Fuel Return kit/ Tach Adapter/ Fuel pressure regulator/ Sport Comp Crane ignition/ AFX underdrive pulley/ Iceman 60mm throttle body/ DSS axles Stage 3/ Hawk brake pads/ Clutch Master Stage 3/ Stage 2 ECU(PCM) upgrade with turbo toys/ MSD ignition coil/ MSD spark plug wires/ HKS super sequential blow-off valve/ Mopar short throw shifter/ Booger bushings/ Split Second voltage clamp/ Tokico 5-way adjustable struts/ DC Sports SRT-4 strut bar/ Eibach springs/ Energy Suspension sway bars/ Powder coated valve cover/ Custom catch can/ Perrin pressure pipe/ Perrin Huge front-mount intercooler/ MPX coilpack and wire heat shield/ P-werks SRT-4 tri-point rear strut tower brace/ HKS EVC 5 boost controller/ MPX clear 3rd brake light/ Euro clear corner lenses/ Mopar taillights/ Wings West Wide Body kit - seamless/ IP2 carbon fiber hood/ MPX carbon fiber foglamp covers/ 18" Motegi FF5 Hyperblack rims/ Shaved antenna/Roof Mount antenna/ E-brake boot/ Shift boot/ Custom metal floor plates/ SRT-4 gauges (air/fuel ratio, amp, oil, boost)/ Kenwood Excelon DVD 7" Flip touch-screen/ 2 X 8" Bazooka NOS tubes/ Sony Explod Amp/ SRT-4 door sills/ HVAC billet control knobs/ cross-drilled, slotted rotors/ limited slip differential/
    PS2 Just added week ago

wow all that, and on a learners permit! Now I know why so many teenagers kill themselves in car crashes. Cant even drive yet, learning, and are driving (or say they are driving) a car with some crazy hp. You're an idiot for racing, and your dad is an even bigger one for giving you that car, letting you mod it, and letting you race it, all on a learners permit

lol

I used to drive a 03 Viper so im used to it i bought the car with all the mods in it except the PS2 i added week ago..driving since 13

I used to drive a 03 Viper so im used to it i bought the car with all the mods in it except the PS2 i added week ago..driving since 13

so that makes you experienced?

lol

yes took a corner to fast with dads car it spun around tnk god there were no trees lol i would of been screwed+ took 30+ hours of driving school+12 hours of incar i kno what to do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.