question abotu the srt-4 vs wrx? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on question abotu the srt-4 vs wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SRT THIS Very True, but you really can't tell who's the better driver with 2 different cars ...

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    Very True, but you really can't tell who's the better driver with 2 different cars AWD and FWD. AWD will always own FWD from a Dig even with equal drivers. Now if it was AWD vs. AWD, then thats a real race cuz it's equally matched.

Thats why the SRT-WRX-STI thing is always from a roll to make things even. Nice car by the way!

I guess, but then it would be to our disadvantage racing from a roll. Better yet, people who race should do both, dig and roll so both get their chance to shine

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    I guess, but then it would be to our disadvantage racing from a roll. Better yet, people who race should do both, dig and roll so both get their chance to shine
    I agree
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    I also agree! Try both and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    Very True, but you really can't tell who's the better driver with 2 different cars AWD and FWD. AWD will always own FWD from a Dig even with equal drivers. Now if it was AWD vs. AWD, then thats a real race cuz it's equally matched.

Thats why the SRT-WRX-STI thing is always from a roll to make things even. Nice car by the way!
    There is always a driver factor, I've seen people run high 14's in sti's at the track with like 2.4 60's. and i've seen people that can nail like 2.1 60's in fwd or rwd cars on street tires, you can never say that awd will always win because it wont, even in equal horspower cars, a driver can always mess up and duff the launch, a big bogg down on a poorly driven wrx can easily make up for someones spinning tires, especially on the street where reaction times matter alot.

as for the srt-4 wrx thing, I usually see stock wrx's running 14.1-15.5 at the track depending on drivers, I usually see srt's running 14.0-15.0, so its really a drivers race as long as your in the 1/4 mile, on the street you'll get passed up though cuz the srt's trap alot higher usually, i've seen anywhere from 96-100 or so on stock cars, wrx's usually more like 93-95.

And driving from a roll does not make it a "real race". Why does everyone seem to feel that awd is cheating, its not much easier than launching a 2 wheel drive car to launch well, and every car has its own benifits, with equally skilled drivers it will give a slight benifit at the launch at a sacrifice of rolling acceleration. both forms are valid types racing, they just demonstrate different cars strong points
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

one of these threads comes up every couple months its fun to see the replys you get as times change and peoples views change. everyone mentions awd always owning fwd from a stop (considering were talking track racing only) don't forget a 500 set of slicks and awd launch means just about nothing (as both can do 1.7s) other then you can do it on the street. which you really could do in a fwd if you wanted but is no where near a daily thing to do. i just purchased my slicks (24.5X8.5X15) and hope to cut over a half to 3/4 a second off my time. best to date is a 13.4 @ 108 with a 2.2 60ft. i'm also gunning to beat the fastest stock turbo no n20 srt4 which is 12.20 @112. ( need some more mods tho)
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 04-18-2005 at 06:37 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    That's why I said 60' or so...

If the SRT-4 has as really good driver, they can make trouble for you light to light. Depends on the spacing of the lights, I guess.

Public Service Announcement: Please don't streetrace.

My friend has a stage 2 mopar with the turbo toys package and he is very good at launching his car. I can take him up to about 60 mph and they im looking at tail lights.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.