Raced my friends Chevelle

This is a discussion on Raced my friends Chevelle within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finnally got to race my friends Chevelle SS today now that its warm enough to come out. He let me ...

Raced my friends Chevelle

Finnally got to race my friends Chevelle SS today now that its warm enough to come out. He let me install my vf34 in his shop next to his (droolingly sweet) low 11sec Buick GSX, that thing is hot. We've been trying to get a race together since i did the install, so we were glad to get a nice (not raining) day we both had time. So he has this 69 Chevelle thats around 500hp & a 4 speed stick, I know it has a well build 454 under the hood and he says its usually good for 12.6's at about 110, so we figure its maybe good for high 12's-low13's on the cool street.

Well it was closer than i thought it would be, I won one race (the only good launch i had) and that was the one he screwed up. I honked 3 times and then we went, I pulled about 3 cars off the launch and ended up at about 100 with him at my bumper and pulling next to me slowly. Next race i honked 3 times again, bogged bad, he jumped ahead a bit (i was at the back of his door at the top of first) and he continued to pull away up till about 100 when we shut down with him about 3 cars ahead. The third race someone flagged for us i got a so so launch, held him at my back door in 1st and then he started pulling when i hit 2nd and continued to pull with about 2 1/2 to 3 cars at 110 when i hit the breaks. We did one rolling run from about 25mph...i was a moron and started in 2nd, suffice to say he won that one......

I was really surprised to do so well since i havent even really launched the wrx in like 6 months at least, and this guy can drive, hes been dragging musclecars for like 20 years, I was just glad to have kept up with him so close. Gunna get a couple runs in at the track this weekend (opening day), see how i do with a tree and a clock, well if i hit low 13's ill be happy, If i can nail another 1.7 60' maybe ill hit 12's Oh yea we drove past his house while we were racing (he lives waaaaay out in the country... like his house was the only house for about 3/4 of a mile in either direction), and our friends watching from the poorch said it looked like he was never more than a car and a half ahead of me any of the runs as we passed (i was at about 80 when we passed), but he deffinatly had me topend.... Oh i am running a the cobb stage 2.5 93 oct map and i love it, i cant wait to get this thing really tunned though... Intercooler, alky-injection and RA gears soon to come....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good runs.