Newer S4 vs Cobb STi stage II
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newer S4 vs Cobb STi stage II within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cruising along and I come up on a sweet new looking black S4 with the license plate "GERMAN4". I end ...

Newer S4 vs Cobb STi stage II

Cruising along and I come up on a sweet new looking black S4 with the license plate "GERMAN4". I end up behind him at a light in the right lane of two, admiring his car. Turns green and he takes out of there like a bat out of hell. He immediately cuts sharply into the left lane as if he's inviting me. I usually don't race but I recently went stage II and I hadn't really tested it out. So the next light turns red and we line up. There's a good straight away ahead. I roll my window down so I can give him a thumbs up on the car and I see a middle age artsy looking dude (goatee, slicked hair and yuppy sunglasses) and his girlfriend/wife in the passenger seat. Funny thing was, they were totally ignoring me and would not look over as if I were trying to rob them or something but I could sense they knew I was trying to get there attention . I was totally confused since he just WOT'd from the last light.

Anyways, I see the trafic light for the crossing traffic turn yellow so start my rev to about 4-5K, the light turns green I see him jump in the corner of my eye but I get a great start and I immediately got about 1-1.5 carlengths on him after first. Heard the Falkens squeel for the first time ever and I just about snapped my neck not to mention crapping in my pants. I could hear him get on it but I wasn't sure b/c I thought those cars were supposed to be quick. 2nd and 3rd, I just kept putting distance on him so I got off the gas b/c I thought we weren't racing but to my surprise, he does a mach speed saur kraut fly by. So I'm pretty sure I got my first kill. Anyhows, good way to test out the new setup and big thumbs up to Cobb

CN-Yuppy in HOT S4 acts like he wants to race, I oblige, we get to light, he won't look over, I walk him hard, crap pants, and he does David Hasslehof flyby. My wife has to clean crap from my underwear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill
    A stock STi and V8 S4 from a roll should be pretty close but from a dig, you owned.

The new S4 has 340hp? I think they run mid 13's stock. I would think he would put up a better fight. Anyway Nice kill.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    The new S4 has 340hp? I think they run mid 13's stock. I would think he would put up a better fight. Anyway Nice kill.
    That's exactly what I thought. Didn't hear any squeeling tires from his part so maybe he didn't know how to launch? His car did look new.

Quote Originally Posted by 2THFXR
    and he does David Hasslehof flyby.

maybe it was an auto
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

They're also heavier than Kirstie Alley .

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeMy2.5RS
    A stock STi and V8 S4 from a roll should be pretty close but from a dig, you owned.
    Do these posts count.....dont help him out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, the new S4's are sweet machines....I like the trimming on the side of the doors (not sure what they are called)....make'em look mean.....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

My good friend has on '04 S4 with a intake
    and cat back exhaust. He had a dyno tune at AWE tuning via mustang dyno and layed down 288 awhp.
    i took him for a ride in my car sunday after a bike race and he seems to think my car is faster. We were going different ways so never got to test his theory.
    Nice run. Stage 2 sti>s4.

2THFXR,

A well driven Cobb stg2 should be in the mid 12s at 106+ so I'm sure he was trying.

Anyhow, have you noticed any stalling with the AccessPort? There are quite a few complaints on Cobb's site about that and it's kind of holding me back on buying one...thanks.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    2THFXR,

A well driven Cobb stg2 should be in the mid 12s at 106+ so I'm sure he was trying.

Anyhow, have you noticed any stalling with the AccessPort? There are quite a few complaints on Cobb's site about that and it's kind of holding me back on buying one...thanks.
    Stalling as in the car just dies on you? No I haven't (knocks on wood). I do have an Accessport with the latest version downloaded and the cars been driving like a dream.

[heads off to Cobb forums...]

nice kill

Stalling as in the car just dies on you? No I haven't (knocks on wood). I do have an Accessport with the latest version downloaded and the cars been driving like a dream.

[heads off to Cobb forums...]
    They deleted the "stalling" thread. A mod said it wasn't widespread enough and was giving AP a bad rap so he deleted it. Yikes...
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    They deleted the "stalling" thread. A mod said it wasn't widespread enough and was giving AP a bad rap so he deleted it. Yikes...
    Just saw that. I hope that's a problem they can fix simply fix with a new map. Either way, they are a solid company and hopefully will take care of their customers if they need to. As for deleting the thread...little unprofessional but it's their site so they can do whatever they want. I'm gonna try and get an independent source on this. Thanks for the headsup.

Just saw that. I hope that's a problem they can fix simply fix with a new map. Either way, they are a solid company and hopefully will take care of their customers if they need to. As for deleting the thread...little unprofessional but it's their site so they can do whatever they want. I'm gonna try and get an independent source on this. Thanks for the headsup.
    I didn't see many (if any) STi posters in that thread so you might not have a problem. Basically the gist of the stalling was that when you braked and clutched in (say coming to a stop sign/light) and the RPMs dropped, it would stall. A lot of people firmly believe that there is something in the new map that is causing the problem.
    2005 Aspen White STi

J-H
    First day that I had my AP I did a WOT run and my car stalled on the hoghway @ 115mph in a turn.....lucky I was alone and the wheel did not lock. I wonder if that had anything to do with it...most likely not.....but who knows...I ALMOST called COBB...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast