Newer S4 vs Cobb STi stage II - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newer S4 vs Cobb STi stage II within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by GotWRX03 nice kill...

Quote Originally Posted by GotWRX03
    nice kill

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    I didn't see many (if any) STi posters in that thread so you might not have a problem. Basically the gist of the stalling was that when you braked and clutched in (say coming to a stop sign/light) and the RPMs dropped, it would stall. A lot of people firmly believe that there is something in the new map that is causing the problem.
    Thats what happened to me alot when i installed a 100 percent atmospheric BOV on my supra. I wonder if these people that were stalling had aftermarket BOV's
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Thats what happened to me alot when i installed a 100 percent atmospheric BOV on my supra. I wonder if these people that were stalling had aftermarket BOV's
    Not sure but apparently most people experiencing the stalls were fine until the lastest AP maps (1.21+). There is a lot of speculation on what is causing it. Most people seem to only experience it when braking and clutching in to come to a stop. No one really mentioned blow off valves in that thread but I've read about stalling issues with the STi and aftermarket BOVs (or combo BPVs set to full-atmospheric.)

Not really having the "pssssht" sound doesn't bother me one bit.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12