Evo Vs. Ferrari 360 Modena - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo Vs. Ferrari 360 Modena within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; actually u know what...I kind of thought about it...and I question this race now..... Ferrari 360 Spider Convertible Horsepower: 400 ...

actually u know what...I kind of thought about it...and I question this race now.....

Ferrari 360 Spider Convertible
    Horsepower: 400 @ 8500RPM
    Curb Weight: 3197 lbs.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
    Horsepower: 271 @ 6500RPM
    Curb Weight: 3263 lbs.

lets assume that Spider was stock....and the Evo has the 315awhp (as TSI AWD stated earlier).....well the spider should be putting down 340rwhp-ish assuming its a 15% drivetrain loss from an MR setup.....and include a 6spd transmission (SMG or stick) that i'm pretty sure has alot more aggressive gearing than the 5spd EVO.....and also a lighter curb weight to boot.....how does the spider lose so badly from a roll (especially at those higher speeds of 120mph)? I mean I understand if they were neck to neck or maybe the spider losing by half a car....but it looks like the spider got worked from 100mph and above! whats up with that?
    Last edited by steven88; 04-14-2005 at 10:45 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the Evo has the 315awhp (as TSI AWD stated earlier)..
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocturnalevo
    332whp / 343lb-ft tq
    EVO-NY Member # 091

Evo witht those mods can trap higher and CERTIANLY has more torque to get the gettin going

The Spyder also lets off when he see's he is losing, then teh Evo slows down.

Quote Originally Posted by S4toSTI
    Still i would rather be in the ferrari even tho i lost to some kid in a evo i would still rather to be in the losing ferrari.
    I'm sure the driver of the Evo would rather be in a Ferrari too
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Either the Ferrari driver screwed up or he wasn't trying. From a dig, the Evo should win (if he really has 332whp), but from a roll there is no way he could beat it. Modena's trap ~113mph. I don't know much about Evo's but i don't think this one is capable of trapping that high.
    The Evo has HKS cams. Huge difference in top end for the Evo's.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Yeah I have 272's fully tuned on 21PSI, it moves

J-H
    People at Nawbisco are just to confrontational...jeez....

I would also rather have the Ferrari....I would sell it and buy that EVO Honest truth....I can't afford the upkeep

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocturnalevo
    332whp / 343lb-ft tq
    EVO-NY Member # 091

Evo witht those mods can trap higher and CERTIANLY has more torque to get the gettin going

The Spyder also lets off when he see's he is losing, then teh Evo slows down.
    oops my bad....I thought the stats of the EVO at the bottom of your first post was YOUR EVO and YOUR SIGNATURE.....so i assumed since you said u have 15whp more than him....i subtracted 15 and came up with 315whp....my bad....

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Either the Ferrari driver screwed up or he wasn't trying. From a dig, the Evo should win (if he really has 332whp), but from a roll there is no way he could beat it. Modena's trap ~113mph. I don't know much about Evo's but i don't think this one is capable of trapping that high.
    i trapped 114mph with my setup, so i think the evo owner in the vid should be close to 110 - 112 maybe.

HKS cams in the 4g63 really opens up the topend power.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

ClubWRX > Nabisco<Hell

Those guys are complete assholios, I mean what the fvck, I cant watch the video but the one guy thinks he is better than someone who talks differently than him. I would like to send him to a nice little alley in the South Bronx after 11 pm, watch him soil his pants and tell everyone how great he thinks they are

As for the race without watching it, the Ferrari driver wasnt trying, I have been owned by one, and a viper, I would need like at least 450-500 horses to even try and keep up, I have kept with a 448 but that is a slow Ferrari, not a 360.

As for assclown handsdown or whatever, anyone who wished death on someone they dont know, deserves to die in the way they wished upon the other. And I can almost guarantee that anyone who owns one of these cars (WRX, STi, Evo, SRt-4) we have all raced someone on the street at least once, and to say you havent is a lie, even if you only went 90 in a 65, it counts. I am all about racing someone on the street, IF there is no traffic, so blind sideroads or hills, and I know the road ok. If you have all that why not, you shouldnt be racing if you cant handle your car at 3 digit speeds anyhow, youll get tested the first time you melt your rotors when you see a cop goin 135
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

As for the race without watching it, the Ferrari driver wasnt trying

Ferrari owner Instigated teh race and came after the Evo and LOST.
    Neva unda estim8 da powa uv da EVO!

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    Ferrari has FAR BETTER Areo Dynamics as it creates MORE downforce with NO WING, no that's amazing. But their drag CE are the same. Now id you mod an Evo with a nice drop and a chin spoilier and rear diffuser and so on, well you got a good race going.
    You can't just compare drag co-efficients, can you? Don't you calculate actual drag by measuring front surface area and then multiply it by the drag co-efficient or something like that? I would say the Ferrari, with its thinner nose and better gearing should easily hit its top speed before the Evo.
    2005 Aspen White STi

The other funny thing is the driver (I believe) said the 360 has a V12 - I'm pretty sure it's only a V8.

Great video none-the-less. But Subaru > Evo (whatever that means )
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    You can't just compare drag co-efficients, can you? Don't you calculate actual drag by measuring front surface area and then multiply it by the drag co-efficient or something like that? I would say the Ferrari, with its thinner nose and better gearing should easily hit its top speed before the Evo.

Not to mention mad amounts of low end torque that the evo doesnt have, tires that are just about as wide as the evo, wider/lower stance, and all the hand built precision that is a Ferrari, not a DSM with a voided warranty. (nothing against evo's the only reason I dont have one is cus the dealer sold one a guy traded in for an expediton and were selling it with 4000 miles for 22,500 the day B4 I went shopping). The Ferrari would hit you from the whole shot all the way till it hit 180 or so... AWD or no, those fat stickies on that Italian artwork would grab and go, so at best you would not fall back too fast, but if he tried all the way and wasnt like shi+ I cant wreck my dad/brother/boss/uncle's car, then all you would have seen is tail lights. I win races against M3's all the time I am at the light I rev then I go, those bastards dont stand a chance, and maybe one day one will actually have a driver in it
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Great run man. I personally witnessed Rollaway's (NY area) Evo8 HOUSE a 360 in the mile (and obviously the 1/4). It was amazing... poor ferrari owner.

Not to mention mad amounts of low end torque that the evo doesnt have
    Are you kidding? My Evo puts down 350 FP's at 3500 RPMS, a C5 Vette puts down LESS Torque to the wheels at a HIGHER RPM, The stock turbo on the Evo fully opened up and tune, man it just SPOOLS FAST. Full spool for me at 3000 RPMs, usable boost at about 2400 RPMS, under that nothing But I just thought it was funny I have more low end torque and peak torque then a Vette.

BTW that Ferrari has NO low end either, makes only 260 CRANK FP's and you gotta REV THE HELL out of it to get that torque, Evo trumps it easily in the Torque department, Even stock.

not a DSM with a voided warranty

Ok cuz the Evo shares parts with a DSM . It is 100% different in that it uses a completely revised motor and none of the parts would work cept maybe the injectors. Warranty? Mine has help but I have never had the chance to use it Nothing EVER broke on my car unless I broke it, like my stock clutch when I ran 350WHP through it . But that above is an extremely biased statement.

he Ferrari would hit you from the whole shot all the way till it hit 180 or so... AWD or no

AWD or no, those fat stickies on that Italian artwork would grab and go

Ever try launching a car with a stiff suspension and a VERY HIGH torque curve? You get 1 of 2 things, a BOG or you spin your tires. The best launch still needs you to break traction. If that race was from a stop, that Ferrari would a got it worse.

Great run man. I personally witnessed Rollaway's (NY area) Evo8 HOUSE a 360 in the mile (and obviously the 1/4). It was amazing... poor ferrari owner.

I saw Rollaway's car at the track, FYI it Trapped at 108 MPH, IN THE 1/8th About 140MPH for the 1/4, that would school a Ferrari Enzo UP to about 199MPH and then the Enzo would zip by to about 222MPH.

All said and done I would rather have a Ferrari even though THAT Evo is faster and handles better. I am not doubting a Ferrari but a 360 can be takin out, no the F430 is a ***** and I would need me a bigger trubo or race gas to beat it, it has a 120+ MPH trap and close to 200MPH top end.
    Last edited by TSi AWD; 04-15-2005 at 08:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.