ESX STI vs. FQ Series Evo - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on ESX STI vs. FQ Series Evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Kevlar That is, if you go with the percentage loss theory of thought. It seems to me ...

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar
    That is, if you go with the percentage loss theory of thought. It seems to me that drivetrain loss should be relatively constant for a given crank horsepower, or if anything, logarithmic. Drivetrain loss is a result of heat and friction. If a 250 HP car loses 58 HP to the drivetrain (23% loss), how does it make sense that if the engine is bumped up to 500 HP, the drivetrain is suddenly eating up 116 HP? Same drivetrain, with the same gears and axles, turning the same wheels, yet suddenly it takes twice the power just to turn everything? Doesn't add up. Of course, more power would logically equate to slightly increased heat, and possibly friction, but double as much? So, really, I don't think that guessing WHP numbers based on approximate percentage drivetrain loss of lesser-powered models is very accurate.
    duuuuuude!!! There was a thread here a month or so ago and all of this was discussed. I mean, people brought all kinds of math and physics to explain the drivetrain loss. IIRC the use of % for the loss is correct......more power = parts will spin faster, thus will need the extra power....if somebody recalls exactly what the conclusion was please correct me...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ah.. guess I missed that. Was it in a thread? I'd like to see it. (because the parts aren't really "spinning faster" . or is that in a sense of, getting up to speed faster as a result of more power?).

well i remember watching a vid of a 538awhp wrx dyno, so that would take around 662 crank hp to get? It just doesnt seem to make sense to me
    Last edited by roo21; 04-13-2005 at 05:59 PM.

t
    As much as I love impreza's I'm gonna have to go with the Evo. From what I've seen they respond better to mods.

I Support ClubWRX
    ESX Dyno shows 320/360 hp/tq for their stage 4 (425 crank) on a Dynolog dyno. Equates to 25% for these particular numbers. I don't recall that their vehicel comes with any handling upgrades, so it would likely be a good race between it and the FQ400. UNLESS...you do the infamous "lets see how long it takes to get the boost up" game. I thought that was hilarious when they took a low power vehicle and passed the Evo from a rolling start in 5th gear from about 10 MPH. It took so long for the Evo to get into boost the other car was looooong gone.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12