04 STi vs 350Z and vs Turbo Protege - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 04 STi vs 350Z and vs Turbo Protege within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by prspect06 where is it located in the engine bay? Next to the radiator, on the driver's side. ...

Quote Originally Posted by prspect06
    where is it located in the engine bay?
    Next to the radiator, on the driver's side.

My old Audi A4 1.8T had it in front of the drivers front wheel, in the bumper.

Both of those cars have tiny intercoolers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here's a pic of a Mazdaspeed radiator with attached SMIC. This is an aftermarket unit, with a thicker core, that a Msprotege.com forum member makes and distributes. It gives you a general idea of where it sits and how small it is.

Look how small this unit is and it has dynoed like a 17hp increase!

Yes the tach will beep

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    3rd trhey used plastic IC piping and a CRAPPY SMIC.
    So do lots of cars... when you start using GREAT parts like that straight from the factory, you start to lose the value for hte price you pay. after all, who needs a crappy stock side mount when all the smart ppl will upgrade to FMIC anyway... I'd be happier with stcok crappy parts and a lower price tag.. save more money for good mods.

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    You beat the Driver, not the car . That's what's so great about auto X I have seen stock Miata's school Lambo's in the same way. .
    I ussually like what you have to say..

but my first auto-x experience i was schooling many veteran(like 10+ years) drivers in nice cars with my miata. My miata was very well dialed in for auto-x (as wide rims and tires as you could go and a mazda speed suspension) The car can make the driver a lot in courses. Im almost scared to auto-x my wrx because im so used to how the miata handled. I have seen some msp's on the track and driving a few.. stock for stock i would beat my own time in the msp than the wrx.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Yeah Miata is great and it's a point and shoot car and EXTREMELY balanced car. Not to mention teh Mazda Miata is THE MOST POPULAR (sold) Sports car. It's nuts. I also believe that a car can really clean up a driver well but really I believe it comes down to a driver AND their being comfortable with their car. MSP DEFENATELY handles better then the WRX but has less speed and certainly will push in a shart exit.

WRX has more power but less handling so you just gota slid it around a little more

im liking my thicker rear sway... im wondering how much of a difference the tein springs are going to make with a good alignment

but i want to buy a old miata to work on my next diobolical project!
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck

I don't LIKE springs but maybe they will work better on your car. They ruined the handling of my Evo for Sure I now use a full coilover setup, MUCH better.

a buddy has them.. remember the subaru suspension(stock wrx) is really bad.. anything helps lol

While my wrx was being recovered I had a little mazda wagon, 3? Not sure. Car had no power, obviously, but that handling was far superior to the WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    While my wrx was being recovered I had a little mazda wagon, 3? Not sure. Car had no power, obviously, but that handling was far superior to the WRX.
    The mazdaspeed handles much better than the 3.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    The mazdaspeed handles much better than the 3.
    werd
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123