Roasted an 05 GT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Roasted an 05 GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am driving to work last night and I see one of the new rustangs ahead of me. I get ...

Roasted an 05 GT

I am driving to work last night and I see one of the new rustangs ahead of me. I get closer to get a better look and notice that it has dual exhaust. So I'm thinking maybe I can get this guy to play a bit (although he still had the temporary tags on it) even though it is brand new. I must admit, the car looked pretty damn good (pictures I saw didn't impress me). Anyway, I manage to get next to the guy at a light. I look over at him and rev it up, making the good ol' rfl bov go off. He looks at me and shakes his head. He revs up, light turns green and that is it. I launched the car so hard it made me dizzy. I looked over and the guy is 3 cars back at the top of 1st, 5 or more when I am finished with second. I slow down and the guy does a damn ricer flyby, and makes a quick right turn. Must have been pretty embarrasing for him. I guess it wasn't a fair race, cuz my car sure as hell ain't stock, while his was.

vf39, alky injection, and any other mod under 150 bux you can think of.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rickyh
    I am driving to work last night and I see one of the new rustangs ahead of me. I get closer to get a better look and notice that it has dual exhaust. So I'm thinking maybe I can get this guy to play a bit (although he still had the temporary tags on it) even though it is brand new. I must admit, the car looked pretty damn good (pictures I saw didn't impress me). Anyway, I manage to get next to the guy at a light. I look over at him and rev it up, making the good ol' rfl bov go off. He looks at me and shakes his head. He revs up, light turns green and that is it. I launched the car so hard it made me dizzy. I looked over and the guy is 3 cars back at the top of 1st, 5 or more when I am finished with second. I slow down and the guy does a damn ricer flyby, and makes a quick right turn. Must have been pretty embarrasing for him. I guess it wasn't a fair race, cuz my car sure as hell ain't stock, while his was.

All races are fair.. I believe in the old drag racing tern "race what you brought".

Nice kill. I bet that guy drove right home and started looking for mods to that GT..

J-H
    Awesome run man.....how is the 39 running?

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Another Stang humbled by AWD.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    All races are fair.. I believe in the old drag racing tern "race what you brought".
    Personally, I like the "run what yah brung" even though it clearly uses poor english...

Me fail english, that un-possible!
    2004 Java Black Pearl STI
    Shocks... Pegs... Lucky.

nice kill there, gotta love the vf39 on a wrx. That one guy with custom downpipe uppipe and catback running a mbc with larger injectors and fuel pump dynoed 315whp (without engine management) on a 05 wrx. He had a thread about it AND he works at a subaru dealer. I wonder what his a/f looked like when he dynoed. Have you dynoed ur car yet??

The nearest dyno is 6 hours away. It is pretty much impossible for me to get away for a day to get it tuned by someone , so I just do the best that I can. I like the vf39 cuz it spools early, but lately I have been thinking about getting something bigger.

nice run rickyh!! how's that setup holding for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh
    Another Stang humbled by AWD.

I like this turbo cuz it spools pretty early. I can get 16 psi at 3k, 19psi at 3.3k. I think I am going to see how far I can push this turbo and if I'm not happy I'll get something bigger. 18g or something along those lines. Alky/water lets me run pretty lean with no knock and pretty low egt's.

Sounds like a good run. I'm sure this is somewhere on the board, but hey, I'm lazy: what kind of flow does the VF39 support, and how does it compare to the VF34? ie power potential.

Good Kill I love stock exaust note on the new mustangs.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I don't think the temp tags matter. I had a buddy who just got a V-6, and their owner's manual did not have a recommended max rpm for break-in like the WRX... straange.
    (OK) (HATW)

Not really a kill but...

I ran across one tonight. It was cream coloured, almost like the CGM STi colour. I saw him earlier on while driving my wife's Civic and he was driving it really hard but I kept thinking, "I think my STi is that fast." I must admit, I really like the look of the new 'stang and it sounds incredible.

Flash foward to tonight. I was out in the STi testing out the new Cobb brake lines and guess who pulls up behind me - the same guy I saw earlier. I had no intention of running him at that point but this guy was right on my ass; I couldn't even see his lights. I'm doing about 15km/h over trying to get this guy off my ass and hoping the cars beside him would turn and let him go by. I end up at a light and hes still behind me. So instead of taking off normally, this time I floored it (no launch though) hoping he would get the idea and back off. Thankfully, he hung back a bit until the next red light. I left the light normally and this guy is once again on my ass, practically in my trunk. Argh. I was already accelerating at a reasonable/legal pace, but he would have none of it.

I was trying to be good and keep cool but at this point I had had enough and floored it in 2nd. I don't think he was expecting it because I put about 2 cars on him pretty darn quickly. I didn't pull much in 3rd, so I assume he was now gunning it, but at that point I braked to get back down to legal speeds. He proceeded to fly by on my right and get on the freeway. I'm really kicking myself for not getting on the highway because I would have loved to see if he could have kept up (and then vice versa once on the highway.) Other than the on-ramp, I think the two cars should be pretty evenly matched with the nod going to the 'stang on the highway. I'm surprised that he didn't pull on me in 3rd.

I just really wish people wouldn't tailgate like that. Not only is it dangerous but it's extremely annoying and makes you look like a retard.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar
    Sounds like a good run. I'm sure this is somewhere on the board, but hey, I'm lazy: what kind of flow does the VF39 support, and how does it compare to the VF34? ie power potential.
    It has the same compressor as a vf30/34, but a slightly smaller exhaust housing. a p17 instead of a p18. I've read a few posts of people who had 39's that had the p18 hotside, but mine has a p17. In theory it should be pretty close to the 30 in power, maybe 5-10 less, but with slightly quicker spool.

Oh yeah, the GT sounded damn good. Gotta love the sound of a V8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast