Roasted an 05 GT - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Roasted an 05 GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nice kill....

nice kill.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If someone has to pass you in the right lane, then you should have been the one to pull over to the right lane to let him pass. The left lane is for passing, not for cruising. But I also hate when someone is tailgating me in the left lane when there is a car in front of me and I have no where to go. Not preaching, just stating proper driving etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    If someone has to pass you in the right lane, then you should have been the one to pull over to the right lane to let him pass. The left lane is for passing, not for cruising. But I also hate when someone is tailgating me in the left lane when there is a car in front of me and I have no where to go. Not preaching, just stating proper driving etiquette.

The last 30 something years i could see out a car window i dont think i seen many vehicals at all pull out of a lane to let someone pass.

Your right though about the lane changes, slipped my mind up till now.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    Wow.

So I guess on a 50km/h two-lane road, with cars on my right (which I was passing), I should have what, slammed into the cars beside me to make way for this guy? Perhaps sped up to 120km/h to pass the long line of cars and then get over? There was nowhere to go except forward. No one was "cruising", this guy was being an ass as we were all doing about 70km/h. He only flew by me on the right after the 2nd stop light because that's the side where the freeway entrance was...which was 2 lanes over and at this point we were WAY ahead of any traffic.

With that said, I never cruise in the left lane on the freeway and can't stand people that do that either. I only use it to pass and then get back over. Same goes with any 2-lane highway. But in a residential zone, while already slightly over the limit, with traffic, and my turn coming up, a tailgater like that can kiss my ass.

Don't be so quick to pass judgement about driving ettiquette without knowing the whole story.
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 04-15-2005 at 08:43 PM.
    2005 Aspen White STi

if you had no where to go, you had no where to go. i hate tailgaters too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12