stage 2 vs srt4 and vr4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stage 2 vs srt4 and vr4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well i went to this little car meet visiting my friend and he told me all the car buffs go ...

stage 2 vs srt4 and vr4

well i went to this little car meet visiting my friend and he told me all the car buffs go out there. it was a nice secluded parking lot and a street that was probably 1/8 of a mile long.

first race: srt4, him and his friend came up to me when i pulled up and asked me about my car a little. he then asked if i wanted to do a couple runs. i said sure, and he looks to his friend and asks him if he wanted to race me first. he says no because he wanted to see how i'd do against him. Lining up someone flagged us and i instantly pulled 2 car and continued to pull up to about 80-90 mph. had about 3-4 car lengths. second race some out come. he said he was having a little wheel hop. i figured he just didnt really know how to drive.

stage2 beat srt-4 with intake and bov

second race: VR-4 i was pretty excited about this one. both awd and turbo'd. he had a better launch then me but i was gaining slowly but missed 3rd. second time we raced i pulled about half a car and continued to walk slowly. the vr4 did better than the srt-4 which i was suprised by.

stage 2 beat vr-4 with intake and bov

mods: both cars had intake and bov's, guess thats the trend.
    my car is stage 2

on a side note i saw an integra with an enormous intercooler so i asked him if it was turbo'ed he said yea so i looked at it. heard the engine...didnt sound right. later i found out by my friend who knew the car that it was just an enormous intake that looks like an intercooler.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kills. bad driver in the srt4?

thats what i figured. but i was still pulling on him on through gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    nice kills. bad driver in the srt4?
    Not really. The race against both cars went how I would expect it.. Both cars would have pulled him as they neared 100+. The VR-4 is quick but gains it's power a bit higher then the WRX.. The SRT-4 has traction issues till 2nd gear..

Nice kills.

Dunno i had a stage 2 srt and i raced a wrx with a vf34 and cobb accessport and supporting mods and i destroyed him from a second gear roll up till 130 and he stopped. probably about 5 or 6 car lenghts. From a stop id catch him around 100mph and pull him by than time i redlined 4th gaer. I bought my wrx after my srt was totaled for the 1/4 racing. If they can drive they are fast as hell.
    Vr4's if stock only run around 13.9 so good kill but im not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Not really. The race against both cars went how I would expect it.. Both cars would have pulled him as they neared 100+. The VR-4 is quick but gains it's power a bit higher then the WRX.. The SRT-4 has traction issues till 2nd gear..

Nice kills.
    Who fed you that bogus info about the VR-4? The VR-4 is a torque monster and is horrible for racing from a roll due to the enormous weight.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

more like a mid 13 second car for the VR4....
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

Most VR4s, especially those who added a BOV for the noise, will do 13.9 or even into the 14s depending on driver. Note that they *do* need a non-stock BOV because the stock plastic one leaks, but the "right" way to do it is a 1g DSM kit that still recirculates the air.

Driving an improperly-modded (or even stock) turbo car should be illegal. A guy bought a 10yr old Stealth, 150k miles, for $4k. I put on a MBC at 15 psi and with NO other mods whatsoever (down to the old POS airfilter) it ran 13.2 @ 104 all afternoon. My old 92 with a MBC and a downpipe ran 12.9 @ 105

Either way, knowing what I do, I wouldn't be afraid of running the average stock VR4 in my Legacy. Even if I didn't win, I'd get their attention for sure
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Most VR4s, especially those who added a BOV for the noise, will do 13.9 or even into the 14s depending on driver. Note that they *do* need a non-stock BOV because the stock plastic one leaks, but the "right" way to do it is a 1g DSM kit that still recirculates the air.

Driving an improperly-modded (or even stock) turbo car should be illegal. A guy bought a 10yr old Stealth, 150k miles, for $4k. I put on a MBC at 15 psi and with NO other mods whatsoever (down to the old POS airfilter) it ran 13.2 @ 104 all afternoon. My old 92 with a MBC and a downpipe ran 12.9 @ 105

Either way, knowing what I do, I wouldn't be afraid of running the average stock VR4 in my Legacy. Even if I didn't win, I'd get their attention for sure
    man, those awd et and traps are so different than my fwd ones.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.