WRX vs Mach1
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

This is a discussion on WRX vs Mach1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I am on my way back from class today and as I pass the local highschool and get a ...

  1. #1
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076

    WRX vs Mach1

    Well I am on my way back from class today and as I pass the local highschool and get a 2 lane light, where the right lane merges ahead. I am in the left, seeing if anyone will try and get the lane next to me (usually there is someone out there, especially after the highschool gets out)... well I see a Mach1 pull up next to me and stop at my rear bumper, about 12' back from the line. He is some younger kid, probably around 17 or so, and just got out of highschool with the new car daddy just bought him...
    Other lights go orange and I see him start to creep up on me... well this race was already in the bag IMO since the ground was damp out. He keeps creaping and reving the engine up a bit.... I dont even launch, in fact I leave the hole normally has comes up next to me spinning his tires.. at this point I drop the hammer and fly by him putting a good 2 cars on him before 65mph and he is forced to merge behind me.
    about a mile and a half later we both turn onto a 2 lane road. I make the turn nice and tight while he shows off that he can get his car sideways
    well long story short, he pulled next to me, dropped back a few feet and hits it again! I hear his tires looking for traction so I hit it and finish out 2nd going part-way into third where he is once again a few cars back.

    moral of the story:
    If you own a mustang, regardless of how modded it is, dont race a modded wrx when the ground is wet I pulled next to him to if maybe I recongnized him (just graduated from that highschool myself last year) but he wouldn't look over.. must suck to have your pride hurt in your Mach1 from a 4cylider wrx
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User WRX-ERROR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilkes Barre, Pa
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Well I am on my way back from class today and as I pass the local highschool and get a 2 lane light, where the right lane merges ahead. I am in the left, seeing if anyone will try and get the lane next to me (usually there is someone out there, especially after the highschool gets out)... well I see a Mach1 pull up next to me and stop at my rear bumper, about 12' back from the line. He is some younger kid, probably around 17 or so, and just got out of highschool with the new car daddy just bought him...
    Other lights go orange and I see him start to creep up on me... well this race was already in the bag IMO since the ground was damp out. He keeps creaping and reving the engine up a bit.... I dont even launch, in fact I leave the hole normally has comes up next to me spinning his tires.. at this point I drop the hammer and fly by him putting a good 2 cars on him before 65mph and he is forced to merge behind me.
    about a mile and a half later we both turn onto a 2 lane road. I make the turn nice and tight while he shows off that he can get his car sideways
    well long story short, he pulled next to me, dropped back a few feet and hits it again! I hear his tires looking for traction so I hit it and finish out 2nd going part-way into third where he is once again a few cars back.

    moral of the story:
    If you own a mustang, regardless of how modded it is, dont race a modded wrx when the ground is wet I pulled next to him to if maybe I recongnized him (just graduated from that highschool myself last year) but he wouldn't look over.. must suck to have your pride hurt in your Mach1 from a 4cylider wrx
    My IROC got smoked by a Dodge Shadow Turbo on wet/snow roads. I couldn't get out of 1st gear without breaking the tires..

    Nice kill. Gotta love wiping the smile off the youth of America.

  4. #3
    Registered User TurboWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    3,109
    Yea AWD really owns all out of the hole.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

  5. #4
    Registered User A.Castro01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Clovis, Nm
    Posts
    19
    Nice kill, those Mach 1's are suppost to be fast or something from what others tell me. I dont know much about mach 1's but I do know I took one out by like 3-5 car lengths at the track, they really do sound mean as hell though. BTW I was in my 05 STi

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    438
    AWD Subaru + Rain = owns all others

  7. #6
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Castro01
    Nice kill, those Mach 1's are suppost to be fast or something from what others tell me. I dont know much about mach 1's but I do know I took one out by like 3-5 car lengths at the track, they really do sound mean as hell though. BTW I was in my 05 STi
    they are pretty quick cars. their good for lower to mid 13's (13.3-13.6) usually.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  8. #7
    Registered User rpfride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    they are pretty quick cars. their good for lower to mid 13's (13.3-13.6) usually.
    not on a wet road

    I was soooo tired of no traction in my rear wheel drive car. Going sideways, spinning tires, being beat by old ladies in bmw's gets old fast! Now only lag issues.

  9. #8
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    they are pretty quick cars. their good for lower to mid 13's (13.3-13.6) usually.
    I think they are good for mid to high 15's in the rain

  10. #9
    Registered User WRXcelration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    2,797
    nice run
    05 STI

    Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

  11. #10
    Registered User elohdaeh78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    not on a wet road

    I was soooo tired of no traction in my rear wheel drive car. Going sideways, spinning tires, being beat by old ladies in bmw's gets old fast! Now only lag issues.
    aren't 90 percent of BMW's rear wheel and the other 10 percent awd?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

  12. #11
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    aren't 90 percent of BMW's rear wheel and the other 10 percent awd?
    That sounds about right. Very few Bimmers have AWD

  13. #12
    Moderator Integra96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    16,989
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    aren't 90 percent of BMW's rear wheel and the other 10 percent awd?
    Yep, but Bimmers don't have violent torque down low like some of the muscle cars.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

  14. #13
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I think they are good for mid to high 15's in the rain
    lol, true that.

    even when he caught traction though, he was not making up any ground
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  15. #14
    Registered User WRX-ERROR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilkes Barre, Pa
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Yep, but Bimmers don't have violent torque down low like some of the muscle cars.
    That is 100% true..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •