WRX vs Mach1
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs Mach1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I am on my way back from class today and as I pass the local highschool and get a ...

WRX vs Mach1

Well I am on my way back from class today and as I pass the local highschool and get a 2 lane light, where the right lane merges ahead. I am in the left, seeing if anyone will try and get the lane next to me (usually there is someone out there, especially after the highschool gets out)... well I see a Mach1 pull up next to me and stop at my rear bumper, about 12' back from the line. He is some younger kid, probably around 17 or so, and just got out of highschool with the new car daddy just bought him...
    Other lights go orange and I see him start to creep up on me... well this race was already in the bag IMO since the ground was damp out. He keeps creaping and reving the engine up a bit.... I dont even launch, in fact I leave the hole normally has comes up next to me spinning his tires.. at this point I drop the hammer and fly by him putting a good 2 cars on him before 65mph and he is forced to merge behind me.
    about a mile and a half later we both turn onto a 2 lane road. I make the turn nice and tight while he shows off that he can get his car sideways
    well long story short, he pulled next to me, dropped back a few feet and hits it again! I hear his tires looking for traction so I hit it and finish out 2nd going part-way into third where he is once again a few cars back.

moral of the story:
    If you own a mustang, regardless of how modded it is, dont race a modded wrx when the ground is wet I pulled next to him to if maybe I recongnized him (just graduated from that highschool myself last year) but he wouldn't look over.. must suck to have your pride hurt in your Mach1 from a 4cylider wrx
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Well I am on my way back from class today and as I pass the local highschool and get a 2 lane light, where the right lane merges ahead. I am in the left, seeing if anyone will try and get the lane next to me (usually there is someone out there, especially after the highschool gets out)... well I see a Mach1 pull up next to me and stop at my rear bumper, about 12' back from the line. He is some younger kid, probably around 17 or so, and just got out of highschool with the new car daddy just bought him...
    Other lights go orange and I see him start to creep up on me... well this race was already in the bag IMO since the ground was damp out. He keeps creaping and reving the engine up a bit.... I dont even launch, in fact I leave the hole normally has comes up next to me spinning his tires.. at this point I drop the hammer and fly by him putting a good 2 cars on him before 65mph and he is forced to merge behind me.
    about a mile and a half later we both turn onto a 2 lane road. I make the turn nice and tight while he shows off that he can get his car sideways
    well long story short, he pulled next to me, dropped back a few feet and hits it again! I hear his tires looking for traction so I hit it and finish out 2nd going part-way into third where he is once again a few cars back.

moral of the story:
    If you own a mustang, regardless of how modded it is, dont race a modded wrx when the ground is wet I pulled next to him to if maybe I recongnized him (just graduated from that highschool myself last year) but he wouldn't look over.. must suck to have your pride hurt in your Mach1 from a 4cylider wrx
    My IROC got smoked by a Dodge Shadow Turbo on wet/snow roads. I couldn't get out of 1st gear without breaking the tires..

Nice kill. Gotta love wiping the smile off the youth of America.

Yea AWD really owns all out of the hole.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Nice kill, those Mach 1's are suppost to be fast or something from what others tell me. I dont know much about mach 1's but I do know I took one out by like 3-5 car lengths at the track, they really do sound mean as hell though. BTW I was in my 05 STi

Banned
    AWD Subaru + Rain = owns all others

Quote Originally Posted by A.Castro01
    Nice kill, those Mach 1's are suppost to be fast or something from what others tell me. I dont know much about mach 1's but I do know I took one out by like 3-5 car lengths at the track, they really do sound mean as hell though. BTW I was in my 05 STi
    they are pretty quick cars. their good for lower to mid 13's (13.3-13.6) usually.
    Just call me Clark Kent

they are pretty quick cars. their good for lower to mid 13's (13.3-13.6) usually.
    not on a wet road

I was soooo tired of no traction in my rear wheel drive car. Going sideways, spinning tires, being beat by old ladies in bmw's gets old fast! Now only lag issues.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think they are good for mid to high 15's in the rain

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    not on a wet road

I was soooo tired of no traction in my rear wheel drive car. Going sideways, spinning tires, being beat by old ladies in bmw's gets old fast! Now only lag issues.
    aren't 90 percent of BMW's rear wheel and the other 10 percent awd?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    That sounds about right. Very few Bimmers have AWD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Yep, but Bimmers don't have violent torque down low like some of the muscle cars.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I think they are good for mid to high 15's in the rain
    lol, true that.

even when he caught traction though, he was not making up any ground
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Yep, but Bimmers don't have violent torque down low like some of the muscle cars.
    That is 100% true..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.