God Damn Lightnings....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on God Damn Lightnings.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welp this was at about 9:15AM on a Sunday morning as I was heading on my way to Tobay. Hitting ...

God Damn Lightnings....

Welp this was at about 9:15AM on a Sunday morning as I was heading on my way to Tobay.

Hitting Rt. 9 North and I get to a light that has about 4 lanes that fold into 2 lanes for an overpass and then it stays two lanes. I line up right Behind a BLK Lightning, had REAL FAT tires, at least 300MM in the rear and of course exhaust and other up grades.

He seeís my Red Evo comming up his ass....

Of course he revs, whatamigonnado? Launch up his ass?

So He WOTís it off the line and I roll up and we are going WOT. I have to shift over to the far left lane and then squeeze as this is a NARROW overpass, I mean he is RIGHT next to me. 3rd, 4th, 5th gear STILL not passing him, bastard is fast. FINALLY at about 120-130 I get past him and we slow down. WTF I know I am faster then thisÖ.. We go again from about 80MPH.

WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA HE blows past and at 100MPH I start to catch up and pass again at 120MPH.

Whooooh closest race I have had yet.

He pulls off and I check my log to see whatís up cuz now I feel KINDA slow, you know? SO I look at my log, WHOOPS. 26PSI!!!!! ON 93!!!!!!!. Lemy tell you the car moves down low but I was detonating up top and it felt sluggish, I dropped it to about a 23PSI spike and it holds till about 21PSI now. Now I need to hit the track and see whatís up. Iíll be ready the 29th or whatever day it is when we have the Evo-Scooby day.

Car feels better but damn fawker almost had me, certainly in the ľ in my state.

Moral of the story? Always keep an eye on your boost man, especially that itís cold and hot randomly, damn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know a kid up here in CT with a 10.9 sec Black L. They are terrible over 100mph though, aerodynamics are not so good there.

Don't go blowing your engine! Get that thing adjusted and tuned right before you go POP
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

ALready done .

Before it was down right VIOLENT and then would die off in acceleration. I just thought it was because of the warmer Climate.

But then after this was realized, I turned it down. I still get the big boost spike off teh line and then the violence continues to keep you pinned in the seat.

Needless to say I am going to look for this Lightning and have another go. He was fast, certainly an 11 Second car from the stop but they REALLY do suck up top.

nice..... dont feel too bad, you were boosting incorrectly and were still able to hold off a modded lightning
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I think I saw you, I saw so many Evo's and wrx's at tobay it was crazy.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I think I saw you, I saw so many Evo's and wrx's at tobay it was crazy.
    there were only 2 red EVO's i saw at tobayfest.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.