My sti vs. Lightning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My sti vs. Lightning within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay...so I was driving down to the beach recently because there was a big meeting at tom's river, but on ...

My sti vs. Lightning

Okay...so I was driving down to the beach recently because there was a big meeting at tom's river, but on the way down I hear this loud - ass exhaust from behuind me and he overtakes me at proabbly 110 mph. I step on it and catch up to him eventually. We both slow down...and before we decide to go...this was at about 45 - 50 on the parkway...he makes the motion of jerking off at me. This pissed me off. Just about then i hear 3 beeps and i go. He had no chance. By the time i looked over he was completely behind me, and had just lost. I dind't see him the rest of the way down there..sti owns once again.

and yes..ford stinks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MySpoilerIsXL
    Okay...so I was driving down to the beach recently because there was a big meeting at tom's river, but on the way down I hear this loud - ass exhaust from behuind me and he overtakes me at proabbly 110 mph. I step on it and catch up to him eventually. We both slow down...and before we decide to go...this was at about 45 - 50 on the parkway...he makes the motion of jerking off at me. This pissed me off. Just about then i hear 3 beeps and i go. He had no chance. By the time i looked over he was completely behind me, and had just lost. I dind't see him the rest of the way down there..sti owns once again.

and yes..ford stinks
    mods?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Ford stinks huh? lol. Well I like my Ford better than I liked my STi. Just be happy you didnt run into a KB'd Lightning. That could have been embarassing for you. But nice race anyway. What are yyour mods?
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

WRX
    to quote whats his name:

nice kill
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

nice run.

Just about everybody has major distaste for one car company or another. My dad owns a Mustang (65 fastback) and have always been bias to fords but since I now own a WRX I'd much rather hear about someone beating some loser punk who's giving the jackoff sign like an a$$. Aside from that I do like them Light-nin's. I like those Dodge ram Rumble Bee's too

Nice kill man, too bad you werent able to see his face get bright red from embarrassment.

way to put him in his place
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Guy deserved an ass whoopin for being a retard.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    to quote whats his name:

nice kill

Im not buying any of this......

A stock STI and stock Ning run about the same 1/4 mile. One has the better 60 foot times than the other, but yet the other seems to make it up.........

This race happened from 50 and you smoked him? hmmm

You better have more than a downpipe or else you just beat a driver.

Nice Kill.

I wouldn't say Ford sucks, ok I will cuz i had a ranger, just alot of the people who drive them do.

Yeah a KB anything and look the fok out
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Quote Originally Posted by skyjock41
    Im not buying any of this......

A stock STI and stock Ning run about the same 1/4 mile. One has the better 60 foot times than the other, but yet the other seems to make it up.........

This race happened from 50 and you smoked him? hmmm

You better have more than a downpipe or else you just beat a driver.
    Stock Lightnings do not run the same 1/4 times as STi's. Most run high 13's, although I have seen some get into the mid 13's with slicks, whereas stock STi's have hit low to mid 13's trapping at 100-105 mph Given equal drivers, even from a roll, the STi is a smidge faster. Lightnings have trapped anywhere form 99-105 mph which is about where STi's trap. Since this happened from a 50 mph I can definently see a stock STi winning, because the gearing is still in the STi's advantage. However since the Lightning has a massively sweet powerband it can still keep it close despite it's weight disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeMy2.5RS
    Stock Lightnings do not run the same 1/4 times as STi's. Most run high 13's, although I have seen some get into the mid 13's with slicks, whereas stock STi's have hit low to mid 13's trapping at 100-105 mph Given equal drivers, even from a roll, the STi is a smidge faster. Lightnings have trapped anywhere form 99-105 mph which is about where STi's trap. Since this happened from a 50 mph I can definently see a stock STi winning, because the gearing is still in the STi's advantage. However since the Lightning has a massively sweet powerband it can still keep it close despite it's weight disadvantage.
    I can believe this, I raced a L on the highway back when I lived in CT, he actually got the jump on me but I reeled him in and overtook him. One thing that needs mentioning is that the L starts to suffer aerodynamically much more so than the sti once you get into the higher speeds. Parasitic drag is huge on those things above 100-110.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

although STi's are not the most beastly things at high speeds, neither are lighnings. I guess I can believe it, but what gets me is he said it was really load. Common mods on a lighning are chip, exhaust, pulley, etc.. and a bolt on lighning would walk an STi at those speeds.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

damn you must be puttin down some major powder.

my buddie had a black 01 lightning. puttind down aabout 400 to the wheels.

they are beast. but yes whoever said the thing about aerodynamics wa right
    2002 Pearl Type S
    ITR cams ITR Reflash Hondata IMG w/TB coolant Bypass Dc Sports Header Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhaust AEM CAI Ground Wires ITR valve cover Mugen Reservoir covers Mugen Valve stems17in. Sand Black ADR DV-8 GoldLine Springs Dc Sports Rear lower tie bar Tanabe Strut tower Brace Tanabe Front Under Brace Wings West Kit Type R spoiler VIS Oem Cf Hood with sparco Hood pins ITR shift boot ITR shift Knob ITR Coin Holder Hayame Carbon Fiber pedals

www.cardomain.com/id/typesfanatik

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast