STI vs Cobra - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on STI vs Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by StngStr a stock STi is a low-mid 13 second car stock. OK...if you say so...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    a stock STi is a low-mid 13 second car stock.
    OK...if you say so
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    OK...if you say so
    I was generalizing. There are some exceptions...just like there are exceptions w/Cobras. There are a handful running 12.5's bone stock, but they are few and far between, just like high 12 sec stock STi's.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

im planning on getting an 03 cobra later this year, i just paid off my WRX and im going to enjoy about a year of no payments, but i dont know if i can wait, cobra's are Awsome
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

he probably ment 3rd gear when he put 3 fingers up

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    Cobras are slow.
    I agree.

I really want to line up against a pullied one at the track. It seems none of their drivers can drive worth a damn. I always see them (stock) run high 13s and even 14s spinning the tires to hell. I have yet to see a modified one at the track. One day I will see one that actually has decent tires on it.
    11.1 @ 131

Talking

My friend has a Cobra so we raced eachother. My car was bone stock and his had a 4.6L with cat-back, chip and intake. It all came down to whoever left the line first, and then the distance we were going. All in all, it was about even. I was very impressed with the way my WRX stood up to a seemingly faster car. Soon, with some mods, I will smoke him.

Quote Originally Posted by blakebobit
    My friend has a Cobra so we raced eachother. My car was bone stock and his had a 4.6L with cat-back, chip and intake. It all came down to whoever left the line first, and then the distance we were going. All in all, it was about even. I was very impressed with the way my WRX stood up to a seemingly faster car. Soon, with some mods, I will smoke him.
    then it was one of the older cobras or he was sandbagging heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    then it was one of the older cobras or he was sandbagging heavily.
    I think it is a 2003 or something? He seemed to be pushing it as hard as he could. I will ask him if he was going easy.

I think it is a 2003 or something? He seemed to be pushing it as hard as he could. I will ask him if he was going easy.
    wrong

hmmmmmmmmm.... something is not right.. a stock 05' wrx is good for low 14's AT BEST. An 03' Cobra is s/c and running high 12's. With the above mods it could easily be a low 12sec car and trapping like 18mph higher than you.
    Even if it was not the s/c version they are still mid to high 13sec cars, and with those mods they would run lower 13's and still trap about 12mph higher.

not calling bs, but just saying.. something is not right
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.