STI vs Cobra - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mid117 Cobra = STi's breakfast lets just admit it and move on How so?...

Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    Cobra = STi's breakfast

lets just admit it and move on
    How so?
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good race .

Don't mind these guys. They are just mad because they bought a car that's meant to be driven in the snow, dirt and at the road course and yet they don't ever find themselves doing such but find themselves losing to 95% of the newer Cobras on the street .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaitiger
    Good race .

Don't mind these guys. They are just mad because they bought a car that's meant to be driven in the snow, dirt and at the road course and yet they don't ever find themselves doing such but find themselves losing to 95% of the newer Cobras on the street .
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Shaitiger
    Good race .

You sir are brilliant! I have never seen a statement so true on the internet.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

Nice, I been dying to race a stock 03 Cobra in my GTO. The Cobra should pull on me because they make around 360 rwhp stock vs 340 rwhp for the GTO. But it will be fun.

Mod for mod the Cobra is the king.

On Hot Rod T.V. they made like 40rwhp on a stock Cobra with a Hypertech programmer $350.00 That's rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    Nice, I been dying to race a stock 03 Cobra in my GTO. The Cobra should pull on me because they make around 360 rwhp stock vs 340 rwhp for the GTO. But it will be fun.

Mod for mod the Cobra is the king.

On Hot Rod T.V. they made like 40rwhp on a stock Cobra with a Hypertech programmer $350.00 That's rediculous.
    I was watchin that show too and went when they got those gains with just the programmer...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    The most confusing part of this story is that you wanted to hear the "Supercharge whine"... so I figured it was a supercharged cobra.

STi = turbo
    Ya i was talking about my own S/C i love the sound....i really wanna get a KB blower even louder.....drooooool.

But i have major respect for the STi, i would buy one if i had enough money for 2 cars

one day... maybe in the rain... i'll beat you

It became so much clearer when I found out you were driving the Cobra. Probably because I raced a Cobra from a 40 roll once, and it wasn't pretty. I think the guy was spinning his wheels when he blew past me.

I know 450 whp cobras that are only running low 12's in the 1/4 mile (well, its not to shabby) because of so low 60' times. Traction is all mighty in the 1/4, then trap speed. 320awhp wrx's are going into the 11's (awd>rwd!!). However from a roll , forget about it. The cobra (or my S3 roush ) will walk most cars.
    I pulled away well from a stock sti in my wrx this past weekend.

I'm taking my car in for mods this weekend...probably will get a dyno too. So far all i have is an intake...but i majorly need suspension work done. The IRS is just not cutting it...i wish i was AWD.

Its weird i will pull certain cars that i know have ridiculous mods done to them like this one yellow evo or the STi i wrote about....but then my friend in a stock ws6 pulls on me...i just dont understand my car sometimes.

To burrito:

Would you PLEASE fix you car and re-mod it...so we can race again...k thx...or get an evo...GET SOMETHING!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    I know 450 whp cobras that are only running low 12's in the 1/4 mile (well, its not to shabby) because of so low 60' times. Traction is all mighty in the 1/4, then trap speed. 320awhp wrx's are going into the 11's (awd>rwd!!). However from a roll , forget about it. The cobra (or my S3 roush ) will walk most cars.
    I pulled away well from a stock sti in my wrx this past weekend.
    Ya but at the same time i know a lot of 450-480 whp cobras running low 11s

So what are you getting done Dragon. I am so bone stock it is painful right now.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

I raced a bone stock slowbra and beat it.

Then he got just intake and exhuast and put the hurt on me.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

subaru > ford

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.