05 STi takes on 05 C55/AMG (and a turboed prelude on the side)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 STi takes on 05 C55/AMG (and a turboed prelude on the side) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow! Now this was an awesome race. This white prelude was in front of me, and the sticker on his ...

05 STi takes on 05 C55/AMG (and a turboed prelude on the side)

Wow! Now this was an awesome race. This white prelude was in front of me, and the sticker on his trunk stipulated, "BRING IT ON" ... then he just takes off on me like nothing so I pace him. I said to myself, "you gotta be kidding." Anyway, we both get the next redlight, 3 lanes.. no cars. I rolled down my window and told him I'll bring it on for yah... Just to let you people know, I race my car the same way I race it at the track. 6000 rpm launch, drop the clutch... OFF! Best time of 12.92 .. but i'm always in the 13.0 to 13.3 range. Best 60' was 1.67 sec, STOCK 2005 STi. Anyway, a new 2005 C55/AMG pull to the right of me! This guy rolls down his windows and yells... "lets see what she'll do!" .. okay... Well, i wasn't laying back at all... I wasn in the middle, prelude on the left, C55 on the right. The 2005 C55 can do a 0 - 60 in 4.9 secs 13.2 in the 1/4 .. ... I knew i could get this guy... So the light is about to turn green... i'm pumping the car between 5500 and 6000 rpms .. hit the launch perfect.. wheel spin and my car bolted .. leaving them in the dust... the C55 started to pull .. but I beat him by a car lenght or 2 @ 105 mph .. quarter mile over.. sorry pal I don't do 150 mph races... So i go by him and said, "How does it feel to get your butt kicked by a 4 cylinder..." His reply ? Well... my car is slow of the line :P Anyway, my vector told me I did a 13.12 .. and that's about right .. he probably did a 13.3. He was a good driver, but the car is still a few tenths shy of an STi 0 - 60, and about 1 or 2 tenths in the quarter (with good drivers that is). Warning... don't race a C55/AMG if you don't know how to drive your STi .. especially lauch one! Oh the prelude ? Well, i think he's going to take that "bring it on" sticker off his trunk. He was pretty fast.. i say about 13.9s...
    He won't mess with an STi again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

beautiful. way to put people in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by NightShifter
    Wow! Now this was an awesome race. This white prelude was in front of me, and the sticker on his trunk stipulated, "BRING IT ON" ... then he just takes off on me like nothing so I pace him. I said to myself, "you gotta be kidding." Anyway, we both get the next redlight, 3 lanes.. no cars. I rolled down my window and told him I'll bring it on for yah... Just to let you people know, I race my car the same way I race it at the track. 6000 rpm launch, drop the clutch... OFF! Best time of 12.92 .. but i'm always in the 13.0 to 13.3 range. Best 60' was 1.67 sec, STOCK 2005 STi. Anyway, a new 2005 C55/AMG pull to the right of me! This guy rolls down his windows and yells... "lets see what she'll do!" .. okay... Well, i wasn't laying back at all... I wasn in the middle, prelude on the left, C55 on the right. The 2005 C55 can do a 0 - 60 in 4.9 secs 13.2 in the 1/4 .. ... I knew i could get this guy... So the light is about to turn green... i'm pumping the car between 5500 and 6000 rpms .. hit the launch perfect.. wheel spin and my car bolted .. leaving them in the dust... the C55 started to pull .. but I beat him by a car lenght or 2 @ 105 mph .. quarter mile over.. sorry pal I don't do 150 mph races... So i go by him and said, "How does it feel to get your butt kicked by a 4 cylinder..." His reply ? Well... my car is slow of the line :P Anyway, my vector told me I did a 13.12 .. and that's about right .. he probably did a 13.3. He was a good driver, but the car is still a few tenths shy of an STi 0 - 60, and about 1 or 2 tenths in the quarter (with good drivers that is). Warning... don't race a C55/AMG if you don't know how to drive your STi .. especially lauch one! Oh the prelude ? Well, i think he's going to take that "bring it on" sticker off his trunk. He was pretty fast.. i say about 13.9s...
    He won't mess with an STi again
    Nice race. It's kind of sad thinking how fast those cars really are. Your at 105mph, that thing must have been at 110-113mph's. The c32 AMG ran a 13.0 @ 110 (best ever i have seen)... so just think of the c55amg's potential!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Way to get all you can out of your stock STI.

just get a full turboback and utec, and secure that lead of yours
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

So i go by him and said, "How does it feel to get your butt kicked by a 4 cylinder..."
    How old are you??

Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaitiger
    How old are you??

I think the funniest part of all that is that he actually used the word "butt"

no one says the word "butt"
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I think the funniest part of all that is that he actually used the word "butt"

no one says the word "butt"
    Sorry, but I'm not sure what words we can post in the forums

So i go by him and said, "How does it feel to get your butt kicked by a 4 cylinder..."
    I'm sure he was heartbroken. Nice kill but I don't care how fast an STi is, I would still take ANY AMG Mercedes over it in a split second.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.