Cobb stage 1 vs. SRT 4 stage 1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb stage 1 vs. SRT 4 stage 1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I met met up with a freind of mine today and told him that I did a Cobb stage 1 ...

Cobb stage 1 vs. SRT 4 stage 1

I met met up with a freind of mine today and told him that I did a Cobb stage 1 upgrade to my wrx, he asked me if I wanted to race. I said sure let's go from a dig. He didn't want to so we decided to go from a 20 mph roll. We went to the highway and lined up he honked three times and we went I shot forward about half a car, when I shifted into 2nd he started pulling on me real hard we shut down at about 110-115 mph with him about 4 cars in front.
    We both catch the next light and he says lets see how you do from here. We wait for the light I launch at about 4000 and put about 2 cars on him but by 3rd he had passed me and continued to pull we shut down at around 100-110 mph and he was about 2 cars in front this time.I knew I was going to lose from a roll but was really surprised that he beat me that bad from a dig even though he was stage 1. what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MANZ79
    I met met up with a freind of mine today and told him that I did a Cobb stage 1 upgrade to my wrx, he asked me if I wanted to race. I said sure let's go from a dig. He didn't want to so we decided to go from a 20 mph roll. We went to the highway and lined up he honked three times and we went I shot forward about half a car, when I shifted into 2nd he started pulling on me real hard we shut down at about 110-115 mph with him about 4 cars in front.
    We both catch the next light and he says lets see how you do from here. We wait for the light I launch at about 4000 and put about 2 cars on him but by 3rd he had passed me and continued to pull we shut down at around 100-110 mph and he was about 2 cars in front this time.I knew I was going to lose from a roll but was really surprised that he beat me that bad from a dig even though he was stage 1. what do you guys think?
    Isn't s stage 1 SRT-4 only 10hp more?

I don't think he should of beat you that bad from a dig, I heard stage 2 wrx hangs even with a SRT-4 from a roll and kills it from a dig.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Isn't s stage 1 SRT-4 only 10hp more?

I don't think he should of beat you that bad from a dig, I heard stage 2 wrx hangs even with a SRT-4 from a roll and kills it from a dig.
    there have been stock 04 srt-4's that have dyno'd at 220-230 at the wheels. it will take alot more than stage 1 to get a wrx close to a stage 1 srt-4.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

We both catch the next light and he says lets see how you do from here. We wait for the light I launch at about 4000 and put about 2 cars on him but by 3rd he had passed me and continued to pull we shut down at around 100-110 mph and he was about 2 cars in front this time.I knew I was going to lose from a roll but was really surprised that he beat me that bad from a dig even though he was stage 1. what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Dude, you don't know how to launch your car. If you're launching at 4000rpm, you're not getting into the 5's 0 - 60 range, which means you're not getting into the 14's. I just sold my 2004 WRX last year and purchased a new STi. Stock WRX, i get 5.31 secs and a quarter of about 14.1 ~ 2 range with a 1.7ish 60' foot ... How ? You launch @ 6000 rpm
    (pumping it 5500 to 6000).. then slip drop the clutch! period.. no if ands or buts .. it's the only way to get your car 0 - 60 5.4 or better... believe me.. i tried everything. It doesn't hurt the car at all.. the wheels gotta give! So that takes the pressure off the tranny and clutch... But you either LAUNCH or you don't LAUNCH... don't be chicken .. or you'll torch your gears :P Buy a Vector and tune it to the track... it's very very accurate. I get the same times on my Vector and at the track once the roll is calibrated on the Vector.

If you get your car to 5.3 secs 0 - 60 from the dig , you'll give that Dodge a better run for your money.. as for taking off from 20 mph ? He'll pull on you.

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    there have been stock 04 srt-4's that have dyno'd at 220-230 at the wheels. it will take alot more than stage 1 to get a wrx close to a stage 1 srt-4.
    Yeah but not from a dig, they have 6 inch wide tires stock, which means no traction at all until the middle of 2nd.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NightShifter
    (pumping it 5500 to 6000).. then slip drop the clutch! period.. no if ands or buts .. it's the only way to get your car 0 - 60 5.4 or better... believe me.. i tried everything. It doesn't hurt the car at all.. the wheels gotta give!
    Or your trans will give if your wheels hook up. If you are prepared to risk breaking a trans in a testicle size contest, by all means, go for it. Some people can afford to fix a broken trans, some people can't.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Yeah but not from a dig, they have 6 inch wide tires stock, which means no traction at all until the middle of 2nd.
    yeah, and the srt-4 caught and passed him in third.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Dude, you don't know how to launch your car. If you're launching at 4000rpm, you're not getting into the 5's 0 - 60 range, which means you're not getting into the 14's. I just sold my 2004 WRX last year and purchased a new STi. Stock WRX, i get 5.31 secs and a quarter of about 14.1 ~ 2 range with a 1.7ish 60' foot ... How ? You launch @ 6000 rpm
    (pumping it 5500 to 6000).. then slip drop the clutch! period.. no if ands or buts .. it's the only way to get your car 0 - 60 5.4 or better... believe me.. i tried everything. It doesn't hurt the car at all.. the wheels gotta give! So that takes the pressure off the tranny and clutch... But you either LAUNCH or you don't LAUNCH... don't be chicken .. or you'll torch your gears :P Buy a Vector and tune it to the track... it's very very accurate. I get the same times on my Vector and at the track once the roll is calibrated on the Vector.

If you get your car to 5.3 secs 0 - 60 from the dig , you'll give that Dodge a better run for your money.. as for taking off from 20 mph ? He'll pull on you.

With stock tranny and clutch? I hope you were planning on upgrading soon..

I launched at 6000rpm one night and slipped the clutch a little to slow.. MmMMm burnt clutch smells so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Or your trans will give if your wheels hook up. If you are prepared to risk breaking a trans in a testicle size contest, by all means, go for it. Some people can afford to fix a broken trans, some people can't.
    Aaaaaameeeeennnnn!
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

i would rather loose the race than loose my tranny prematurely. launching at 6000 will sure cut your tranny life in half
    " I'm a bad man"

Quote Originally Posted by MANZ79

sounds about right. alil bigger killing then exspected but nothing to be embarrassed about. awd launch is all practice, i know i had one. (tryed the 6k launch and lost the tranny) also wrx's are hard to quick shift, thats where all the time is spent that prolly lost u a few tenths (a couple cars) right there. i can easily shift 3 times as fast in my srt then i could in my wrx. go get cobb stage 2 and try again.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    i would rather loose the race than loose my tranny prematurely. launching at 6000 will sure cut your tranny life in half

Wrong! Launching with no boost will give you that huge bite that'll wreck your tranny. If you scared to try this the RIGHT WAY, then don't do it. I got over this fear, and I now have consistent launches and gained nearly 3/4 of a second better times...

It's funny to see all the WRX owners not hitting low 14's and blaming the car or false advertising Makes are cars look bad and slower then they actually are.. I don't mind .. I get one of these witnesses and race me .. and in the end say... DAMN! what mods did you do to your wrx or STi ? I smiled and replied... "nothing" it's all about knowing how to drive it

Do what you want.. but you're not going to get the full potential out of this car by any other means... let alone be consistent.

I want to thank the moderator TypeC for clearing this issue up and hopefully help any newbies out there to understand how to drop the clutch properly. Like i said, if you're scared... pump the tires to at least 42 ( you could go even 48 psi) until you get over the fear and get the feel for it. If you're launching correctly using this method, it only hurts the tires No clutch smell and no gear shredding!

Please review this entire forum >>> Slip the clutch, drop the clutch? Whats the differnce

Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    Quote:
    Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    after a few times of dumping the clutch u can better believe u will leave your tranny behind on the ground and the diff will be in 348975493857 pieces

I'm sorry but you're DEAD wrong. This is the kind of misinformation we DON'T need here. After 200+ passes, and nearly 2 yrs of racingwith dropping the cluth under boost (and spinning the tires) when my tranny was taken apart (for inspection) by a shop the gears, synchros, and clutch were 100% perfect. The shop guy that I only had 1K miles it was that perfect.

So in short, you're wrong. There is a proper way to dump the clutch while not hurting your tranny.

-C

If you are prepared to risk breaking a trans in a testicle size contest

Hint of sexism here ?

I think EGO is more of an appropiate word. Your opponent might be female

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are prepared to risk breaking a trans in a testicle size contest

Hint of sexism here ?

I think EGO is more of an appropiate word. Your opponent might be female
    What if I'm trying to prove I have larger testicles than her?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast