Cobb stage 1 vs. SRT 4 stage 1 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cobb stage 1 vs. SRT 4 stage 1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by NightShifter Wrong! Launching with no boost will give you that huge bite that'll wreck your tranny. If ...

Quote Originally Posted by NightShifter
    Wrong! Launching with no boost will give you that huge bite that'll wreck your tranny. If you scared to try this the RIGHT WAY, then don't do it. I got over this fear, and I now have consistent launches and gained nearly 3/4 of a second better times...

It's funny to see all the WRX owners not hitting low 14's and blaming the car or false advertising Makes are cars look bad and slower then they actually are.. I don't mind .. I get one of these witnesses and race me .. and in the end say... DAMN! what mods did you do to your wrx or STi ? I smiled and replied... "nothing" it's all about knowing how to drive it

Do what you want.. but you're not going to get the full potential out of this car by any other means... let alone be consistent.

I want to thank the moderator TypeC for clearing this issue up and hopefully help any newbies out there to understand how to drop the clutch properly. Like i said, if you're scared... pump the tires to at least 42 ( you could go even 48 psi) until you get over the fear and get the feel for it. If you're launching correctly using this method, it only hurts the tires No clutch smell and no gear shredding!

Please review this entire forum >>> Slip the clutch, drop the clutch? Whats the differnce

Now I'm more confused than before, no one seems to agree to dropping or slipping.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Heck I dont know either but I do know that slipping works awesome for me. I slip it at about 4000 and right or wrong she's flying. But of course this is opionion only, about the way MY car works. Sorry, I'm sure this doesnt help either

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Now I'm more confused than before, no one seems to agree to dropping or slipping.
    both at the same time. while bouncing throttle from 4000-5500 rpms, and launching on an up bounce.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Remember the WRX is not a car that was built for dragracing,so if your not experienced at launching correctly,you are asking for trouble. Some guys are just damn good drivers,though.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

the most i ever reved and launched at was 5k while slipping the clutch, you get a small squeak form the tires and then you are off like a bat out of hell, btw technique has a lot to do with this when I started driving i would either bog terribly or smoke the clutch, once really bad, but if you learn the balance you can do 5k launches and not destroy your clutch or shred gears.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 04-13-2005 at 02:43 PM.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    What if I'm trying to prove I have larger testicles than her?

Well in your case, i think it would be easier to dump the clutch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.