EVO vs 05 GTO
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVO vs 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I finally got a good race. I've been racing all these slow cars lately. This was the first car to ...

EVO vs 05 GTO

I finally got a good race. I've been racing all these slow cars lately. This was the first car to give me a decent run.

On my way home from work (Colonial Blvd - for locals) I notice this nice looking blue EVO up ahead on me. I couldn't believe it when we both caught the next light. When the light turned green he left the line fast, so I nailed it. At the top of 1st gear he was about 1/2 car in front of me. I shifted into 2nd gear and started to slowly pull on him. We were pretty much side by side through 2nd gear. When I shifted into 3rd gear (65mph) I was about 1/2 car in front of him. I slowly pulled on him through 3rd gear. We had to let off at about 95 mph because of an upcoming red light. I had about 2 cars or so on him at 95mph. All in all it was a real good race. He hung with me pretty good at first. It wasn't until about 60mph that I started to pull on him.

As far as I could tell his EVO was stock. I really have no idea? We both gave each other a smile after the race. He seemed like a really cool guy and his Blue EVO looked real nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run!!

I cant wait to hear about more kill stories with the GTO. Interesting that you raced an Evo, considering that turbowill is trying to decide to sell his evo for an 05 GTO
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    nice run!!

I cant wait to hear about more kill stories with the GTO. Interesting that you raced an Evo, considering that turbowill is trying to decide to sell his evo for an 05 GTO
    I've had a lot of kills, but the cars were no big deal. I beat an 05 STS in a nice race 2 days ago. I didn't post it because it's really no big deal. I've also had a lot of races against slower cars. This was my first good race against a fast car in my GTO.

I couldn't believe it. It was like a gift from God. That bright blue EVO stood out in the crowd like you can't believe (beautiful car). I saw if from far away. I had to do some tricky driving to get up next to it. Boy I'm glad I did. I've only had 3 races total against EVO's in over 2 years. I do know a guy that drives a black EVO but he will only race at the track.

Hell yea, nice kill Might have been a stock 05 Evo you ran. There a bit quicker than the 03/04 Evo's. Slightly larger turbo. Also the blue was the new electric blue color, I'll post a picture later.
    Last edited by TurboWill; 12-10-2005 at 08:58 AM.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Hell yea, nice kill Might have been a stock 05 Evo you ran. There a bit quicker than the 03/04 Evo's. Slightly larger turbo. Also the blue was the new electric blue color, I'll post a picture later.
    05's are faster? damn.... another excuse to get the vf34
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

nice race I'm surprised it put up that much of a fight!! I'm fairly jealous of the new GTO thats alot of horse power for not alot of money. Plus with a few of the Super Charges out there you can slap on and keep your factory warranty on the engine and tranny I mean what a deal.

good race.

staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Yes the 05 RS and GSR have the 10.5 turbo housing, and all the MR's have the 10.5 housing. Be concerned while racing an RS, those things can be wicked fast with just an TBE and EM. Take an EVO where driver is more important, Auto-X, track, touge, rally.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    nice race I'm surprised it put up that much of a fight!! I'm fairly jealous of the new GTO thats alot of horse power for not alot of money. Plus with a few of the Super Charges out there you can slap on and keep your factory warranty on the engine and tranny I mean what a deal.

good race.

staton
    Don't be jelous. They have the new LS2 corvette engine. They better be fast.

Just wanted to add this info. My friend bought an 05 Evo in black. He is completely bone stock. His best run was a 13.1 @103mph with a 1.92, 60'. Im pretty sure if he got his 60' down to a 1.7 or 1.6 he could break a 12.9 stock. The 05 GTO's are trapping around 107 108 mph so I bet that Evo was stock.

A guy over in LS1GTO.COM ran 12.6 @ 110 mph in an 05 GTO.

His only mods are headers, x pipe, pulley, drag radial. I can't wait to get some headers on my car. I plan to do the same setup as this guy. Full length headers, x pipe, and run the factory rear section to keep it stock looking (and save money) Guys are making close to 370 rwhp with headers on 05 GTO's Thats some nice power.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    A guy over in LS1GTO.COM ran 12.6 @ 110 mph in an 05 GTO.

His only mods are headers, x pipe, pulley, drag radial. I can't wait to get some headers on my car. I plan to do the same setup as this guy. Full length headers, x pipe, and run the factory rear section to keep it stock looking (and save money) Guys are making close to 370 rwhp with headers on 05 GTO's Thats some nice power.
    thats not that impressive actually. If the car is running very low 13's stock, then an X-pipe, headers, pulley, and DR's would pull of like 12.4's or maybe better I would think.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

got into a run with a 05 GTO... pretty nice car but i really thing the guy that was driving it had no driving skills what so ever.i pretty much got and stayed in front the whole run, so im waiting to run into another one....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    thats not that impressive actually. If the car is running very low 13's stock, then an X-pipe, headers, pulley, and DR's would pull of like 12.4's or maybe better I would think.

Altitude Corrected for that run is 12.1 @ 114 mph. Does that look better?
    A 3700 lb car running low 12s with just tires and exhaust mods. That doesnt look good to you?

Also that pulley mod is worth about 2 hp. He's also running the stock rear section exhaust.

How many STi's or EVO's drop from low 13s to low 12s with exhaust mods and 2 rear tires?

It's good to see SGOS defending the GM 5.7L V8 slightly biased again .

I miss my SS .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.