EVO vs 05 GTO - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on EVO vs 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Shaitiger Have mercy brotha, you don't mess around . A single turbo GTO would be hot. The ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaitiger
    Have mercy brotha, you don't mess around .

A single turbo GTO would be hot. The STS turbo kit is the one that sits near the rear axle correct?
    Here's STS's website. Their basic setup goes for $4495.00
    http://www.ststurbo.com/_04_pontiac_gto_turbo_system

I'm not super familar with the setup but it is located down low on the car. The STS is a very popular setup being used on the 04 GTO. Several 04 GTO's are running in the 11s with the system. There's even a couple GTO's looking to break into the 9s with built motors and the STS system.

I'm just looking for a nice reliable setup that will put me in the 11s with a conservative tune. Nothing too wild.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 04-16-2005 at 01:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ive heard that those are pretty big theft-magnets.. its the turbo that sits near the bottom-rear of your car right?
    Just something to think about, someone could rip that off yer car pretty easily.

Makes me depressed about the tib.. RIPP centrifucal S/C kit is like 3800$ and that + headers + exhaust gets me a low 13, high 12.. hrmmpfh

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    I'm just looking for a nice reliable setup that will put me in the 11s with a conservative tune. Nothing too wild.
    Ya, because 11 second cars are SO common and not wild at all

Thread about one of the guys in our club who just installed an STS Turbo on his LT1. Has some issues with it still: http://forum.fbody.us/showthread.php?t=35314

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I think he was referring to V8 guys being more cocky and generally larger pricks...

which I can concur with
    I understood that. From my experience the import guys are much bigger punks than muscle heads.

I find people in 13 or 14 second SRT-4s or WRX's more annoying than people in V8s who are typically faster and have reason to be cocky.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    Thread about one of the guys in our club who just installed an STS Turbo on his LT1. Has some issues with it still: http://forum.fbody.us/showthread.php?t=35314
    Maybe a nice Head cam setup will do me.

I just ordered my Kooks Long Tubes with off road pipes today. Thats my first power mod. Then it's cam and heads or forced induction. I have time to decide on that.

I understood that. From my experience the import guys are much bigger punks than muscle heads.

I find people in 13 or 14 second SRT-4s or WRX's more annoying than people in V8s who are typically faster and have reason to be cocky.

yeah, import guys can be bigger "punks", but V8 guys can be bigger "pricks"
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

exactly, v8 guys are @$$holes! well most of them, but not all
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    exactly, v8 guys are @$$holes! well most of them, but not all
    More often than not, the type of attitude you dish out, is the type of attitude you'll get back in return. So maybe that's part of the problem that's occurring when you meet these "V8 @$$holes"...

My first comment to nearly anyone with a performance car will typically be "looks good" or "sounds mean" and I'll smile and throw a thumbs up to whomever I race on the street (win or lose). A simple and effective way to keep someone from becoming a potential enemy, and causes them to at least have a little respect for you.

I'm obviously the same person despite which car I happen to be in. But the ignorant and prejudiced people (regardless of what car they are in) will either befriend me or detest me merely because of what I'm driving. There are idiots and jerks behind the wheel of every type of car, and I won't stick up or befriend them merely because they happen to drive a WRX or V8...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    More often than not, the type of attitude you dish out, is the type of attitude you'll get back in return. So maybe that's part of the problem that's occurring when you meet these "V8 @$$holes"...

My first comment to nearly anyone with a performance car will typically be "looks good" or "sounds mean" and I'll smile and throw a thumbs up to whomever I race on the street (win or lose). A simple and effective way to keep someone from becoming a potential enemy, and causes them to at least have a little respect for you.

I'm obviously the same person despite which car I happen to be in. But the ignorant and prejudiced people (regardless of what car they are in) will either befriend me or detest me merely because of what I'm driving. There are idiots and jerks behind the wheel of every type of car, and I won't stick up or befriend them merely because they happen to drive a WRX or V8...
    its all relative....
    but my point was simply that you are "typically" going to find more arrogance and prick-ish attitudes from V8 guys... that is just in my experience though, so dont take it too much to heart. I have met many V8 guys that are cool, but probably a considerable amount more that are not. They just tend to have a "I drive American muscle so I am better and faster than you" attitude. Again this is just my opinion, but several others agree with me, even other V8 guys
    Just call me Clark Kent

LOL, I tried to refrain from using the word "prick" but let's just say that I've witnessed more "pricks" driving imports rather than V8s. From my perspective, it seems more understandable when I witness a V8 guy being a prick .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

LOL, I tried to refrain from using the word "prick" but let's just say that I've witnessed more "pricks" driving imports rather than V8s. From my perspective, it seems more understandable when I witness a V8 guy being a prick .
    as I said, its all relative. lets just agree on the fact that everyone can be a prick. which ever owners tend to be "larger" pricks is all in our own opinion

btw: I am aware you used to drive an SS, so I think you might have a "little, tiny" bias for the V8 guys
    Just call me Clark Kent

btw: I am aware you used to drive an SS, so I think you might have a "little, tiny" bias for the V8 guys

I've owned an 02' SS, an 02' WRX Wagon, and now an 04' Evo. If there was a bias, it would be import driven .

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    wrxaddicted, even with an 18G I would say you are at best pushing 400WHP. And if you are on stock internals and a tranny then it wont last for long.

I'll take a GTO with an exhaust and ECU work against your car any day of the week especially if you plan on going from a roll. And from a stop with drags the WRX is gonna lose all the advantage. As much as I love our 4 bangers when you start mod'ing the big 8's they'll always win the straight line races.

staton
    Staton,

I have a friend who has been running a similar 18g setup for 30,000 miles now on a stock tranny and stock internals. It's all about driving style. Launching = Big NO NO.
    Also, I'm running a relatively conservative tune. I feather my stocky tranny and I'm getting RA gears soon, so we will see how long she lasts.

I've owned an 02' SS, an 02' WRX Wagon, and now an 04' Evo. If there was a bias, it would be import driven .
    ahhh, yes.... but often speak of how much you miss your SS and wish you still had one to play with
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234