EVO vs 05 GTO - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVO vs 05 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A ride or a drive in automatic LS1 car with a 3000 rpm converter will typically convince anyone with warm ...

A ride or a drive in automatic LS1 car with a 3000 rpm converter will typically convince anyone with warm blood in their veins that it is almost an essential modification for those vehicles. Easy 1/2 second reduction in 1/4 mile ET when you've got the tires that can hook it. Totally wakes the car up, and makes you wonder why it doesn't come that way from the factory... Almost enough to make a slush box fun to drive... Still, I got rid of my automatic for a six speed and haven't regretted it for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    oh man good info. I wish I could talk the pops into buying the high stall and an ecu reflash on the C5

staton

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no offense, but i dont like gto's or any v8's for that matter, and it is an ugly car sorry just felt like adding my .02
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    no offense, but i dont like gto's or any v8's for that matter, and it is an ugly car sorry just felt like adding my .02
    Hey, there needs to be some people to balance out the ones who think the WRX is hideous looking, and that 4 cylinders (even turbocharged) just won't cut it... And then there are some of us that can find things to appreciate about on nearly any performance car.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Say it Dan

When I owned my WRX, I thought it was ugly. I own an Evo now and it's not one of the pertiest things on the road.

I owned an 02 WRX, probably one the the funniest looking cars around. It has a face only a mother could love.

I for one like the 05 GTO. I'm not that fond of the 04 GTO because of the rear section and exhaust.
    I get complements everywhere I go in my 05 GTO. The good ole boy's
    (z28, old school muscle heads , and Nascar dads) seem to love it.

Also, it's whats under the hood that counts.
    Today on my way to work I ran a guy with a WRX (stickers all over the rear on the car) . I pulled about 3 cars on him in one second racing from a roll. Pretty rediculous difference in straight line performance. And my car is stock
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 04-15-2005 at 12:35 PM.

I had high hopes for the GTO, unfortunately...I've grown to despise pontiac and their styling. That car looks like someone took a taffy cavalier and stretched it out. Nothing distinctive, just sort of Pontiac Vague.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    I finally got a good race. I've been racing all these slow cars lately. This was the first car to give me a decent run.

On my way home from work (Colonial Blvd - for locals) I notice this nice looking blue EVO up ahead on me. I couldn't believe it when we both caught the next light. When the light turned green he left the line fast, so I nailed it. At the top of 1st gear he was about 1/2 car in front of me. I shifted into 2nd gear and started to slowly pull on him. We were pretty much side by side through 2nd gear. When I shifted into 3rd gear (65mph) I was about 1/2 car in front of him. I slowly pulled on him through 3rd gear. We had to let off at about 95 mph because of an upcoming red light. I had about 2 cars or so on him at 95mph. All in all it was a real good race. He hung with me pretty good at first. It wasn't until about 60mph that I started to pull on him.

As far as I could tell his EVO was stock. I really have no idea? We both gave each other a smile after the race. He seemed like a really cool guy and his Blue EVO looked real nice.
    yeah.... I'll smoke you both.... but good kill!!!!!one11!!!

wrxaddicted, even with an 18G I would say you are at best pushing 400WHP. And if you are on stock internals and a tranny then it wont last for long.

I'll take a GTO with an exhaust and ECU work against your car any day of the week especially if you plan on going from a roll. And from a stop with drags the WRX is gonna lose all the advantage. As much as I love our 4 bangers when you start mod'ing the big 8's they'll always win the straight line races.

staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    yeah.... I'll smoke you both.... but good kill!!!!!one11!!!
    Just wait until I get my STS turbo or Procharger installed . Can't make up my mind.
    I'll be looking at close to 500 rwhp. Thats pretty sweet for $6500.00 including installation.
    Hopefully, I can get it done this summer during my vacation.

I was thinking heads and cam but everyone I've talked to keeps telling me to go with the STS Turbo or Procharger. Supposedly the car will be a much better daily driver. Car should drive just like its stock until you mash the gas. It's also a lot easier to return the car to stock.

Just wait until I get my STS turbo or Procharger installed . Can't make up my mind.
    I'll be looking at close to 500 rwhp. Thats pretty sweet for $6500.00 including installation.
    Hopefully, I can get it done this summer during my vacation.

I was thinking heads and cam but everyone I've talked to keeps telling me to go with the STS Turbo or Procharger. Supposedly the car will be a much better daily driver. Car should drive just like its stock until you mash the gas. It's also a lot easier to return the car to stock.
    I vote for the supercharger.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    wrxaddicted, even with an 18G I would say you are at best pushing 400WHP. And if you are on stock internals and a tranny then it wont last for long.

I'll take a GTO with an exhaust and ECU work against your car any day of the week especially if you plan on going from a roll. And from a stop with drags the WRX is gonna lose all the advantage. As much as I love our 4 bangers when you start mod'ing the big 8's they'll always win the straight line races.

staton
    who the hell wants a car that u have to change the tires everytime you wanna race or u will get no traction, and screw muscle heads, they talk soooo much crap to me, ive never met a nice guy that drives a v8, evo's can dominate if u do them right! i beat up on v8's all the time in my wrx!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

I can get it done this summer during my vacation
    Have mercy brotha, you don't mess around .

A single turbo GTO would be hot. The STS turbo kit is the one that sits near the rear axle correct?
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

and screw muscle heads, they talk soooo much crap to me, ive never met a nice guy that drives a v8, evo's can dominate if u do them right! i beat up on v8's all the time in my wrx!
    I've had more people in imports(WRX's, SRT-4's, etc..) act stupid and want to race me than "muscle heads".

srt's are PRETTY bad and ricer too...hah!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Quote Originally Posted by Shaitiger
    I've had more people in imports(WRX's, SRT-4's, etc..) act stupid and want to race me than "muscle heads".

I think he was referring to V8 guys being more cocky and generally larger pricks...

which I can concur with
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast