supra encounter last nite - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on supra encounter last nite within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mar48 I can't wait til the new supra comes out because then all the used supra's prices ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mar48
    I can't wait til the new supra comes out because then all the used supra's prices go down
    It depends what they offer, if it's a N/A which it probably will be then it won't have anything close to the potential of the 93-98 supra.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there is a kid who lives in Latrobe, PA of all places, he bought the last new Supra in 2003 from a collector, painted it Lambo orange, shipped the engine to cali, has like 900 something horsepower, does he drive it? NO! What a waste! He spent 100,000 on the car then another like 40 on the engine, too much money, not enough brains...
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    there is a kid who lives in Latrobe, PA of all places, he bought the last new Supra in 2003 from a collector, painted it Lambo orange, shipped the engine to cali, has like 900 something horsepower, does he drive it? NO! What a waste! He spent 100,000 on the car then another like 40 on the engine, too much money, not enough brains...
    some people just like the bragging rights
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

what does that 900 HP mean on the track? Nothing. So numbers mean nothing to me. I don't care if someone claims 300 to the wheels or 700 to the wheels. I saw a 600whp supercharged Cobra SVT get womped on by a stock EVO at streets of willow, when the car is racing where it counts, the driver makes the difference. But thats just my opinion.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

fre
    you never know what your gonna get with those. Today non of them could break the high 13s and there were like 4 supras at the track. I saw a few do 10 second passes in the past though so it all depends.
    11.1 @ 131

If you don't know yet, the Supra has become a collectors item. The value has just gone UP, UP, UP!!! You will never get a TTsupra cheap now. The book value has gone up.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealWRX
    what does that 900 HP mean on the track? Nothing. So numbers mean nothing to me. I don't care if someone claims 300 to the wheels or 700 to the wheels. I saw a 600whp supercharged Cobra SVT get womped on by a stock EVO at streets of willow, when the car is racing where it counts, the driver makes the difference. But thats just my opinion.

I agree. It aint the car that runs the driver, it's the driver that runs the car.
    "You have to be driven
    by what's inside."
    Lance Armstrong

Its funny to me all the debate and arguments that occur with car guys. To me, when i see a nice car roll on past it makes little difference to me what it is. It could be a nice Camaro, Mustang or perhaps a sweet Rex or Evo and all i know is its a lot nicer to look at versus the mass of Mini vans and pickup trucks. I have owned alot of different cars in my life and all of them had things that were special to that brand....

I now own a 97 SupraTT. Do i think its the fastest car out there? Nope !! Do i care??...Nope not at all...I enjoy it very much...I also loved my 03 WRX....And all my other past cars (well most of them)....And my only point is this....I think people spend far to much energy trying to rip on other people's cars versus enjoying the fact that its not just another mini van. If its a car even worth talking about, i'm glad its out there. How boring would it be if we all drove the same car??.....Relax people, enjoy them all...........

Quote Originally Posted by SupraTT
    Its funny to me all the debate and arguments that occur with car guys. To me, when i see a nice car roll on past it makes little difference to me what it is. It could be a nice Camaro, Mustang or perhaps a sweet Rex or Evo and all i know is its a lot nicer to look at versus the mass of Mini vans and pickup trucks. I have owned alot of different cars in my life and all of them had things that were special to that brand....

I now own a 97 SupraTT. Do i think its the fastest car out there? Nope !! Do i care??...Nope not at all...I enjoy it very much...I also loved my 03 WRX....And all my other past cars (well most of them)....And my only point is this....I think people spend far to much energy trying to rip on other people's cars versus enjoying the fact that its not just another mini van. If its a car even worth talking about, i'm glad its out there. How boring would it be if we all drove the same car??.....Relax people, enjoy them all...........

i agree with this dude
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by SupraTT

well said...

btw: post pics of your supra
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.