honda del sol hahahahahaha - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on honda del sol hahahahahaha within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Type-RGirl I had a d16y8 with a vtec head swap in my crx. It was a great ...

Quote Originally Posted by Type-RGirl
    I had a d16y8 with a vtec head swap in my crx. It was a great set-up. 8300 rpm redline. It was running high compression also. It was pretty sick fo a $1500 swap. Not as good as the b18 I had in it, but for the money it was fun.
    Hey where did the avatar go?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When you've seen a Del Sol with a B18c conversion at 12.3:1 compression, you suddently end up in the Del Sol's dust.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    how much is the kit though?

about a year and a half ago when i was in the market edelbrock kits were around 3gs. theres a bunch of people running the greddy kits on the d16 motor at around 8psi hitting low 14's high 13's at around 98-100mph. check out www.turbod16.com bunch of cool guys over there. another cool thing about the d series motor is parts are hella cheap. my dream car is still a turbo civic to bad i had to get rid of mine to get the rex.
    04 WRX
    14.1@94 Mods: TBE 90octane

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealWRX
    When you've seen a Del Sol with a B18c conversion at 12.3:1 compression, you suddently end up in the Del Sol's dust.
    And how often does that happen. About as much as seeing a Monster Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    And how often does that happen. About as much as seeing a Monster Miata.
    Miata's dont need to be monster's in Auto-X or touge. Even with just suspension they'll still win. When it comes to cornering its hard to beat a car that is as nimble and quick as a well tuned Miata, especially in Auto-X
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherealWRX
    Miata's dont need to be monster's in Auto-X or touge. Even with just suspension they'll still win. When it comes to cornering its hard to beat a car that is as nimble and quick as a well tuned Miata, especially in Auto-X
    I believe he was referring to straight line acceleration

i like honda's but not the del sol. it is heavier then a eg hatch and ek hatch. I am comparing the lightest models of each car. I really dont understand what is so good about the del sol, its heavier and yet is only a 2 seater.

and as for a b18c5 or b18c-r, wouldnt waste my money unless i was going n/a. Type r's are quick but a h22a would still be quicker in the same car. don't tell me but the b18 is lighter and the h22 will be nose heavy, because the h22 is only about 40ib. more if that.

k20a's are good and i am thinking about one myself, but b and h series motors is where its at right now, if you seriously want to mod your engine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123