honda del sol hahahahahaha - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on honda del sol hahahahahaha within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i would start worrying about d-series turbo cars now. The edelbrock kit can produce 280hp, but you need forged internals. ...

i would start worrying about d-series turbo cars now. The edelbrock kit can produce 280hp, but you need forged internals. Still cheaper than a swap

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    i would start worrying about d-series turbo cars now. The edelbrock kit can produce 280hp, but you need forged internals. Still cheaper than a swap
    how much is the kit though?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

many peopel with d series engines are doign the mini me swap which is a d series engine with a vtec head. Just like the frankenstein engine. a b20 ( crv block) with a LS head ( LS TEG) then many peopel who can afford it are doing the k series swap. the new rsx' have a k series engine. but doing these mini me's and CrvVtec/ frankenstein swaps are kind of bad because not only do they not have high red lines but if you dont get a reliable shop to do it the engine probably wont last more then 5 months

Quote Originally Posted by aznburn210
    many peopel with d series engines are doign the mini me swap which is a d series engine with a vtec head. Just like the frankenstein engine. a b20 ( crv block) with a LS head ( LS TEG) then many peopel who can afford it are doing the k series swap. the new rsx' have a k series engine. but doing these mini me's and CrvVtec/ frankenstein swaps are kind of bad because not only do they not have high red lines but if you dont get a reliable shop to do it the engine probably wont last more then 5 months
    I had a d16y8 with a vtec head swap in my crx. It was a great set-up. 8300 rpm redline. It was running high compression also. It was pretty sick fo a $1500 swap. Not as good as the b18 I had in it, but for the money it was fun.
    " I wasn't racing, I was winning"

Actually it is a B20 or LS B18 block. B18C1/5 or B16A heads. Which are the GSR, Civic Si, ITR heads. The head has to be Vtec and the block from a none Vtec. As far as who puts these motors together. Whoever it is should be compatent or it will not last. Ask ITRGirl she has had a Mini-me swap. I have several friends with LS/Vtec swaps or B20/Vtec swaps. They are great but, do cost quiet a bit. The K series is expensive but, well worth it. More displacement + iVtec is much better than the frankenstien set-ups.

Anyway, just my 2 cents on this...
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400
    Still in the Family: 05' STI (Wife's Car), 92' SC400.

I messed with a dude in a del sol and he laughed at me until I blew his fokin doors of
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

my friend has a del sol with a h22 swap, that thing is pretty quick. He raced my wrx once when i had it set to 14 psi (catless with catback and mbc) and he was next to me until 3rd i pulled a car. Higher boost i would win easier but that car is still quick. oh and he also had traction issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    my friend has a del sol with a h22 swap, that thing is pretty quick. He raced my wrx once when i had it set to 14 psi (catless with catback and mbc) and he was next to me until 3rd i pulled a car. Higher boost i would win easier but that car is still quick. oh and he also had traction issues.

Now that is a swap..... H22 wow. That was probably kinda fun to fit in.
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400

kseries swaps are a lot but rigth now there are tsx engines for 2g's with everythign needed i believe somethign happened to the tsx on the lot so they pulled the motors heres the link to it..
    http://www.k-series.com/forum/showth...5&page=1&pp=10

kseries swaps are a lot but rigth now there are tsx engines for 2g's with everythign needed i believe somethign happened to the tsx on the lot so they pulled the motors heres the link to it..
    http://www.k-series.com/forum/showth...5&page=1&pp=10

Too bad I don't need a k-series.
    Other car's I had:

Quote Originally Posted by scubee
    Now that is a swap..... H22 wow. That was probably kinda fun to fit in.
    everything had to be cut out just to fit that thing in. He pops the hood and its so full its weird. Car looks bone stock, you'd never expect its. Its an awesoem sleeper, now if he goes FI it will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    everything had to be cut out just to fit that thing in. He pops the hood and its so full its weird. Car looks bone stock, you'd never expect its. Its an awesoem sleeper, now if he goes FI it will be awesome.

Have fun with the fabrication on that one.....
    Other car's I had:

fre
    He actually said he had "goodies you aint ready for?" LOL I would bust out laughing if I heard somebody say that. That is like straight out of 2f2f.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    He actually said he had "goodies you aint ready for?" LOL I would bust out laughing if I heard somebody say that. That is like straight out of 2f2f.
    As many times I have heard that only one guy was able to back it up. He was a late 80's Mustang with a 351c B&B.. His cam was so big while the car was at idel it was so loud you could talk to him and barely stay lit. At 60 we stomped it and he smoked the tires for about 20 feet. I had about 1 1/2 cars on him till about 85mph when he came flying by.. This was with my IROC putting out 422rhp.

Gotta love hearing it from people though..

oh yeah, he acted all hardcore when he said it too, which made it even funnier. he had the "ricer lean" goin on.......it was truly a classic moment.
    02 silver WRX sedan----Sold
    03.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg--DS beast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.