Lexus ES300
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lexus ES300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was raining hard on my way home from school. Stopped at a traffic light, behind a green maybe black ...

Lexus ES300

It was raining hard on my way home from school. Stopped at a traffic light, behind a green maybe black Lexus. I can hear him revving but not much. As soon as the light turned green, sure enough, he nailed that throttle - of course, he sat there spinning his wheels and the car is barely moving. I have to hold on to my brakes to make sure I don't hit his car

I didn't think much of it. But as soon as he gains grip, just kept on going. He had a good 10 car lenghts ahead of me ( which I wasn't racing btw ) then he slows down much that I have to move to the other lane whenever I caught up. Then he speeds up, little by little inching me 'till he was dead even. He honked his horn twice. So I give in

downshifted to third and was rolling at 40-45mph -- gave him few seconds to setup (if he needed to) downshift whatever he wanted or needed to do. i nailed the throttle and he tried to hang but I pulled a good two car lengths by the top of 5800rmps (third) shifted to 4th and he's still hanging back but falling behind. I shut down at 80 - didn't want a ticket he wouldn't even come near my car anymore i had to slow down to 25mph to let him pass so I can see what model the car is - ES300.

short fun night

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill
    GEEZ man.. It that a macro you have running that posts to every thread the same thing?

nice kill

07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

thanks. it was okay. my car's getting more and more noticed now for some reason.

nice run

ES300 is the slow breed of lexus
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yeah i figured that much. the new ES330 is only producing 225hps.

not sure how much is that to the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by GotWRX03
    yeah i figured that much. the new ES330 is only producing 225hps.

not sure how much is that to the wheels.
    the ES300 you raced is good for mid 15's, but they have pretty decent top end, as do most lexus'. The GS430... now THATS a nice lexus
    Just call me Clark Kent

i've raced a blue turbo IS300 once. i believe I had the VF22 then.. it was a good match... 'till we got to about 80mph i think if we went beyond 100mph, he would've walked away easy...

Fellas, the ES is not a racing vehicle, lol
    92-94 ES 185hp
    95-96 ES 188hp
    97-99 ES 200hp
    00-02 ES 210hp
    03+ ES 330 230hp

The car is great crusier but the guy should not have been racing his ES. Good kill.
    Allow myself to introduce myself

I Support ClubWRX
    Same motor that was in my parent's old Toyota Avalon. Your basic Japanese appliance engine. Their top end isn't that great at all, IMO. I'd be shocked if the 200hp version could trap higher than 90mph. Lexus ES = one of the most boring, yet perfectly built cars ever.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    the ES300 you raced is good for mid 15's, but they have pretty decent top end, as do most lexus'. The GS430... now THATS a nice lexus
    my dad drives a 99 gs400, amazing top end. Before I had my car I walked an srt-4 from about 60mph roll to 100 or so. Im trying to talk him into getting the 430 now, maybe by summer

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Same motor that was in my parent's old Toyota Avalon. Your basic Japanese appliance engine. Their top end isn't that great at all, IMO. I'd be shocked if the 200hp version could trap higher than 90mph. Lexus ES = one of the most boring, yet perfectly built cars ever.

you are correct, they have trouble hitting a 90mph trap speed, but my reference to them having decent top end was compared to their 1/4mile time/hp/and gearing. An 89mph trap might not seem like much, but an 89mph trap from a car that runs a 16.0 is pretty darn good.
    but yeah, compared to other cars, its a pretty crappy trap speed.

the GS430 though is an amazing car! I had the joy of riding in a newer one (2004) for the first time. It is really smooth, great acceleration, and the interior feels like it was built by hand.. Just an amazing over all car. though, I am more performance orientated, so I would take an M3 over it, but for an automatic family cruiser with heavy balls is WONDERFUL. kinda like a "low-key" E55 AMG.

The new ones look bad ass. If the last gen was running high 13's and trapping at nearly 105mph, I wonder what this one will do?

Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Well the new GS430 has the exact same drivetrain as the old, I think. So unless it went on a serious diet, I'm sure it will still be a 102-103mph car. But it's still a very nice machine.

...needs a 6-speed manual...grumble grumble...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.