wrx vs 2004-5 BMW M3 convertible

This is a discussion on wrx vs 2004-5 BMW M3 convertible within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so Im going home from the fiances house just tonight when all the sudden a silver m3 conv (top down) ...

Question wrx vs 2004-5 BMW M3 convertible

so Im going home from the fiances house just tonight when all the sudden a silver m3 conv (top down) pulls up beside me and takes off. Seems he didnt want to even give me a chance to drop a gear. was some young looking kid. So I start accelerating and get behind him and when traffic cleared a bit, he just took off again before we can cruise evenly first. So he gets off an exit which came to a stop sign and a straightaway, i was behind, so after the stop he takes off, and I was ready behind him, and off we were, cat and mouse, he couldnt get away from me, I was so close to his a$$ I felt like i was gonna bump him. so I slowed down at 70, went on my way and he gave me a thumb up.

I honestly dont know why he didnt want to be even first b4 going. I know the m3 would more than likely toast me high end anyway. I definitely know that i'd rip him apart off the line up to about 60-70 ish.

I'd wish I would have know what a stock wrx feels like as far as performance but I dont cause i bought my02 used and it had the vishnu stg zero minus UPipe when I got it.

since then I added txs upipe, TBE and just loaded Cobb stg 2, hitting 15.7 psi.
    Last edited by blackrexNJ; 08-30-2005 at 08:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run

those are mighty fine cars
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

t
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    nice run

those are mighty fine cars

Yeah, M3 convt is a beautiful car!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

that is an odd encounter. guy didnt want to have a fair race I guess

I tried to get a NSX to bite yesterday but he wouldnt do it. loud a$$ exhaust on his car but wouldnt even look at me. I look stock. people are weird.

time to go for a drive.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

weird. i raced an 03-04 M3 convertible once (I-85) and I can't even keep up... he pulled away as soon as we hit 90-95mph - awesome topend. i'm not sure anymore if I had the stock turbo or the VF22 then..

good run! you'll see him again

you wouldnt keep up with just a stage 2. My r32 runs mid 13's @ 101-102+mph... and still got raped from a roll with a new m3. Raped!

From a stop, took him to 80 to catch up...but damn. They do run low 13's @ 108mph and the best i have seen for the convertible is like 13.4 @ 105mph. So they are still fast.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    you wouldnt keep up with just a stage 2. My r32 runs mid 13's @ 101-102+mph... and still got raped from a roll with a new m3. Raped!

From a stop, took him to 80 to catch up...but damn. They do run low 13's @ 108mph and the best i have seen for the convertible is like 13.4 @ 105mph. So they are still fast.
    I raced a new E46 M3 frpm a 60mph roll up to 120mph. I held a 1-2 car lead the whole time
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I raced a new E46 M3 frpm a 60mph roll up to 120mph. I held a 1-2 car lead the whole time
    no ones talking to you!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    no ones talking to you!
    Umm.. What?
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    about 4 cars from 0-80 (no launch) and made up about 5 cars from 30-100 (started in 3rd)

cake.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

I"m at a stage 4 wrx and I RUN away from stock m3's from a roll... hapened on the way home from the dyno. Love the look on their faces.