02 rex vs.G35 (brembro's)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 rex vs.G35 (brembro's) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so me and my friend (who has a new 350) we in my car heading to atlanta on 400. We ...

02 rex vs.G35 (brembro's)

so me and my friend (who has a new 350) we in my car heading to atlanta on 400. We come up on the toll both and there is a g35 behind us, he rips over like 3 lanes and gets in an open slot next to us. We tear out of the toll i kinda had a jump on him then pulled 3 car lengts. we lined up going 80 in 4th and kicked it. he pulled about a door lenght then boost came up and he stopped pulling instantly. by 5th i pulled up next to him (both of us with our windows down) to let him hear the bov. we slowed down then he got off the highway, i was happy. my buddies 350 will eat me everytime (only after 60) and i know the g35 is a full second slower in the 1/4 mile than a 350 so i kinds expected to pull on him a little

Mods:
    helix up/down
    greddy evo exhaust
    perrin mbc
    rota 17x8 with falken fk 451's
    hks ssq show off vaulve
    60mm omori boost guage w/ cabonfiber pod in stock location
    fp18g = 315awhp 275tq.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

once, u get the vf34 or bigger turbo u'll eat him alive.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Quote Originally Posted by sped
    so me and my friend (who has a new 350) we in my car heading to atlanta on 400. We come up on the toll both and there is a g35 behind us, he rips over like 3 lanes and gets in an open slot next to us. We tear out of the toll i kinda had a jump on him then pulled 3 car lengts. we lined up going 80 in 4th and kicked it. he pulled about a door lenght then boost came up and he stopped pulling instantly. by 5th i pulled up next to him (both of us with our windows down) to let him hear the bov. we slowed down then he got off the highway, i was happy. my buddies 350 will eat me everytime (only after 60) and i know the g35 is a full second slower in the 1/4 mile than a 350 so i kinds expected to pull on him a little

Mods:
    helix up/down
    greddy evo exhaust
    perrin mbc
    rota 17x8 with falken fk 451's
    hks ssq show off vaulve
    60mm omori boost guage w/ cabonfiber pod in stock location
    G35c is not a full second slower than the 350Z. With equivelent drivers its only about .2 or .3 seconds of a difference usually.

good run though
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    G35c is not a full second slower than the 350Z. With equivelent drivers its only about .2 or .3 seconds of a difference usually.

good run though
    +1.... maybe it was an auto
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    +1.... maybe it was an auto
    not with the brembo's
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

Quote Originally Posted by KCREXwagon
    not with the brembo's
    My next door neighbor, has an auto G35c with the (optional) brembo brakes. On the 6 speed they are standard.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Nice run, but I'm kinda surprised that you weren't able to pull on him more. When I used to have cobb stage 2 (which I would imagine is maybe just a little faster than your current set-up, but I don't know--what boost are you running?) I would do lots of highway runs 60-120 ish with a friends g35 6speed (stock) and I would walk on him from the get go and not let up. Maybe if we had started at a higher speed like you at 80 I wouldn't have pulled on him so bad. Regardless, nice run man, not trying to take anything away from that. Was the G35 stock or could you not tell?
    peace,
    Ryan
    13.2, 103mph w/ cobb st.2.5
    now at 280whp and 270tq tuned by Jorge at P+L Motorsports
    300whp 300 tq on 100 oct. tuned by Jorge again

Quote Originally Posted by creditcards
    once, u get the vf34 or bigger turbo u'll eat him alive.
    +1
    peace,
    Ryan
    13.2, 103mph w/ cobb st.2.5
    now at 280whp and 270tq tuned by Jorge at P+L Motorsports
    300whp 300 tq on 100 oct. tuned by Jorge again

Quote Originally Posted by foschia
    Nice run, but I'm kinda surprised that you weren't able to pull on him more. When I used to have cobb stage 2 (which I would imagine is maybe just a little faster than your current set-up, but I don't know--what boost are you running?) I would do lots of highway runs 60-120 ish with a friends g35 6speed (stock) and I would walk on him from the get go and not let up. Maybe if we had started at a higher speed like you at 80 I wouldn't have pulled on him so bad. Regardless, nice run man, not trying to take anything away from that. Was the G35 stock or could you not tell?
    It was probably stock.... a stock 6spd G35c will trap the same as a stageII rex.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I ran my friends new G35 manual tranny.the other night from 40 to about 90 and he never pulled me at all. I got him by like 2 cars or so. Anyway I have never run one before. I have TBE and UP-pipe. Thats all I have. They are nice cars though I love the way they look and perform for a bigger 4-door.
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400
    Still in the Family: 05' STI (Wife's Car), 92' SC400.

Quote Originally Posted by scubee
    I ran my friends new G35 manual tranny.the other night from 40 to about 90 and he never pulled me at all. I got him by like 2 cars or so. Anyway I have never run one before. I have TBE and UP-pipe. Thats all I have. They are nice cars though I love the way they look and perform for a bigger 4-door.

thats odd. Your friend must really need some driving experience. If you are only running catless you are more than likely trapping about 97mph or so (EM will get you to about 99/100mph) and the new 298hp 6spd G's are trapping 100+mph, mostly like 101mph or so.

*edit* I just saw you mentioned 4-door. Yes, if it was a 4-door the story makes much more sense
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

thats odd. Your friend must really need some driving experience. If you are only running catless you are more than likely trapping about 97mph or so (EM will get you to about 99/100mph) and the new 298hp 6spd G's are trapping 100+mph, mostly like 101mph or so.

*edit* I just saw you mentioned 4-door. Yes, if it was a 4-door the story makes much more sense

Yeah it eas a 4-door.... So, I dunno if that makes more sense or not. That was the first G35 I had ever run. For that matter it was the first G-35/350Z I had come across. So I didn't know what to expect.

Very nice cars though
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400
    Still in the Family: 05' STI (Wife's Car), 92' SC400.

w/ an up/dp and mbc@16.5 psi i pulled on a 350z from a 75 mph roll in 4th gear to about 110, then i stopped.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    w/ an up/dp and mbc@16.5 psi i pulled on a 350z from a 75 mph roll in 4th gear to about 110, then i stopped.
    I have had a similar result. Maybe he couldnt drive the 6spd...who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    I also had a similar experience but at lower speeds. 40-100
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.