Killed an RSX-S....Turbo? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Killed an RSX-S....Turbo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrianH Comparing that gutted tubbed out rsx that has over 1100 lbs shaved off of it to ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Comparing that gutted tubbed out rsx that has over 1100 lbs shaved off of it to a real rsx is funny.

Saying that a car can't be faster than those on a message board is funny....
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyvme
    Saying that a car can't be faster than those on a message board is funny....
    Not really.

Saying you know someone whose car is CONSIDERABLY faster than everyone's times I've found including some shop cars = funny.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=21107

Fastest FI there is 13.2. Amazing that he would be two full seconds faster than them.
    eh, although most are running 13's when tuned, I have seen a few vids of them running 12's and there's a local guy that got 12's. Asian guy with a black one that is out of schaumburg.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 04-04-2005 at 12:36 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby24
    Nice Kill!

And...

IBomghi2u
    what does IBomghi2u mean?
    " I wasn't racing, I was winning"

Quote Originally Posted by Type-RGirl
    what does IBomghi2u mean?
    IB=in before
    omghi2u=oh my God hi to you. meaning to say that sometimes when a girl comes on the board (we have very few of them) we get some people that are like OMGhi2u a/s/l (age, sex, location). its just kinda a joke, because there usually are not girls on here, so some people get a little "flustered" when girls come on.

eh, you get the idea
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    IB=in before
    omghi2u=oh my God hi to you. meaning to say that sometimes when a girl comes on the board (we have very few of them) we get some people that are like OMGhi2u a/s/l (age, sex, location). its just kinda a joke, because there usually are not girls on here, so some people get a little "flustered" when girls come on.

eh, you get the idea
    Yes, thank you.

Think about it, who do you most often see driving V6 mustangs? Forty year old women, and 16 year old boys.
    Who do you most often see driving rsx's? Forty year old women and.... what do you know,
    16 year old boys.
    V6 mustang's and RSX-S's are the ****....... That's usually what comes to mind when I see some dumb kids trying to race with their super fast mufflers.......
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400
    Still in the Family: 05' STI (Wife's Car), 92' SC400.

Not really.

Saying you know someone whose car is CONSIDERABLY faster than everyone's times I've found including some shop cars = funny.

His car is completely gutted, and I believe hes got a roll cage. I drive past it pretty much everyday since he lives in my neighborhood and Ill have to take another glance today and get back to you. Its definitely a serious car and I don't doubt his times. You can take it however you want, but until you can talk to this guy, or actually see his car, don't bother trying to knock me down on what Ive talked to him about, or what his car actually is. You probably know nothing of the K20 motors and just want to internet race and compare cars with bolt on greddy and revhard kits to a person running a custom kit.

Most kids in these RSX's with an actual turbo setup only assume because theyve got a turbo its going to be fast. Youve got alot of base kits out there that only make in the area of 250 WHP, which you can do NA on these motors for not too much more money than you spend getting your kit bought and installed. A decently built and good internals K20A with a custom kit is going to push a lot more power, as its designed by the driver himself, and he has the knowledge on what he wants and what kind of power he expects.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

Yes, thank you.
    I wish my wife was in to cars, But I get *****ed at all the time when I buy something for my car.

Huuuuuuuuuu

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I wish my wife was in to cars, But I get *****ed at all the time when I buy something for my car.

Huuuuuuuuuu
    I'm 23 single, kinda and staying that way. I feel for you.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyvme
    His car is completely gutted, and I believe hes got a roll cage. I drive past it pretty much everyday since he lives in my neighborhood and Ill have to take another glance today and get back to you. Its definitely a serious car and I don't doubt his times. You can take it however you want, but until you can talk to this guy, or actually see his car, don't bother trying to knock me down on what Ive talked to him about, or what his car actually is. You probably know nothing of the K20 motors and just want to internet race and compare cars with bolt on greddy and revhard kits to a person running a custom kit.

Most kids in these RSX's with an actual turbo setup only assume because theyve got a turbo its going to be fast. Youve got alot of base kits out there that only make in the area of 250 WHP, which you can do NA on these motors for not too much more money than you spend getting your kit bought and installed. A decently built and good internals K20A with a custom kit is going to push a lot more power, as its designed by the driver himself, and he has the knowledge on what he wants and what kind of power he expects.
    Actually I don't know a thing about thek20 motors nor do I care, I know what I've seen personally and that's thousands of slow rsx's. I'm not another wrx kid with a catback and a blow off valve that talks **** and thinks their cars fast. I actually go out and race. I've yet to run across a RSX from dig or from a roll that put up a struggling fight.

But on the subject of internet bench racing congratulate your friend for being one of the pioneers that nobody seems to have heard about in the rsx community. He's running times that like the STI from PR to the subaru community are very far off from what the rest of the community is running. . . the only thing is he's kept it on the downlow.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=21107

Fastest FI there is 13.2. Amazing that he would be two full seconds faster than them.
    Fastest is actually 11.9. For some reason the slip got pulled though.

Also, this thread had me rolling. A person with an ITR has the gall to call out RSX owners as being the bad ones. Civics and ITRs give Honda's a bad name, along with RSX's. Might have something to do with the fact that every little kid with an ITR thinks they drive god's chariot. Apparently, that ran over to the RSX crowd as well.

Its not that I don't agree with you - for the most part, the RSX crowd is immature as hell. But the ITR crowd isn't that much better, especially when you have ever ricer having a wet dream over having an ITR. Just my .02
    Last edited by smokey; 04-05-2005 at 01:22 PM.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    Its not that I don't agree with you - for the most part, the RSX crowd is immature as hell. But the ITR crowd isn't that much better, especially when you have ever ricer having a wet dream over having an ITR. Just my .02

I only know a very small amount of the local rsx owners but they were gracious enough to let me use their lanes at their last track day and the ones I talked to were pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    Fastest is actually 11.9. For some reason the slip got pulled though.

Also, this thread had me rolling. A person with an ITR has the gall to call out RSX owners as being the bad ones. Civics and ITRs give Honda's a bad name, along with RSX's. Might have something to do with the fact that every little kid with an ITR thinks they drive god's chariot. Apparently, that ran over to the RSX crowd as well.

Yes, i am a jackass and i deserve to die.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I'm 23 single, kinda and staying that way. I feel for you.
    I'm 23 to and have been married since I was 18.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast