05' Stock STi vs. Alot of cars.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05' Stock STi vs. Alot of cars. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sorry Kinda Long. Ok, Well, I finally got my internet back up, and I'm finally able to see the wrx ...

05' Stock STi vs. Alot of cars.

Sorry Kinda Long.
    Ok, Well, I finally got my internet back up, and I'm finally able to see the wrx vs the world forums, =) So last week, a couple of buddies and I decide to head down to El Paso to do a little Partying, and to hit up the Races at Dessert Demons (a ghetto ass old airport track, with no times =| but the the nice track was closed) So I head on down there after work on friday, around 6:30pm, and since im in Clovis, NM it takes a good 4 in a half hours of doing 110 at around 4k rpm's + to actually get there.
    1st Race:
    On the way there I encounter a White looked like a 03 or 04 GT, I was going about 100 at the time, and the guy has his brights on right behind me on my ass, so I change lanes , (2 lane road both ways) and I slow down just a tad to let him get by me, and he flys by me, I drop it down to 5th, and gun it, remember I got 2 passengers about a buck 80 each. and a bunch of luggage in the trunk. I fly by him like he was standing still. I was pretty scared to actually race him, as I never raced a mustang before, but I was surprised I passed him so bad. I kept toying with him, till I got tired of his brights, and I just gunned it to loose him.
    2nd race:
    We were coming up to alamagordo I believe, and I encounter a very nice Silver SRT-4 with a carbon Fiber hood, and a little later, notice there are 3 other passengers with him. My passengers kept telling me to race him, but agian I was totally nervous, cause agian I have never raced one, and this thing sounded mean as hell, I really didnt want to loose, so I kept behind him for a while. Well I guess he notices me, and he slows down to get beside me, and his passengers both role down their windows (I was on his right) I role mine down, still a bit nervous, and they all tell me, "hey lets run" i was like "sure" I signal for them to go with my hands, and it drops a gear, as did I to 2nd, going about 40, a very good rpm for me, of what I can tell. well he takes off has about 1/2 car on me, then while I shift to 3rd I get 1 car, then it stays even till I have to shut down cause there is a car in front of me, at about 90. I was very happy indeed, then they wanna race agian, so agian we role at about 30 and I was in 2nd =| so he takes off and he starts to pull about 1 car, and holds it, and iI shut down at about 80 cause i know im not catching up, and theres a huge turn thats coming up, that he keeps on it, and almost looses it. after that we pull up to a light, and I ask the backseat passengers, how they liked the crank windows, kinda joking around, and they said it sucked. we both complimented on eachothers cars, and I had asked him what he had, He was running a stage 2 setup, but it was his first manual they all looked like they were 16 and his mommy had just bought him the car, but ah well, guess you get what you can get.
    3rd-5th race AT THE TRACK: My very first time to a track.
    So we finally get to the track, and We go straight there after a 4 in a half hour drive, we arive at around 11pm, and the track closes at 12am. So i only get in 3 runs... Well I pull into the parking area, and I start my search. My friends set me up with my first race, which is a new looking very nice Mach 1, and Im agian scared sh**less. While linning up behind the other racers some people come up to the mach one, right beside me, and ask him why hes picking on little 4 bangers. At this point I think to myself, my d*mn friend is a bastard for setting this up, and I just gave them my videocamera so its gonna be on tape, of me loosing =| Well, I set up to the light, and this thing does a very sick ass burn out, and I just sit at the tree waiting. well the tree goes yellow, and im fluktuating(sp) the RPM's at like 4-5k, it goes green, and BAM I shoot out, I shot out very well, but I bogged the end of first, like it shot, the dipped down, the picked up agian. Well needless to say I beat him by 3-4 cars by the end of the 1/4.
    Feeling kinda of cocky I tell my buddies to get in the the 2nd race while taping. We pick a SVT Cobra this time (dun dun dun) it was a 98' and sounded just as mean as the mach 1 did. Well we line up, I get the launch on her, and half ways down the track shes even with me, then at the end she has 1 car on me =( My very first loss in the STi, and im in shame that it was a girl =P Anyways I bet i could have beat her wih noone in the car, and no luggage.
    3rd race, of the night, last run a little civic asks me to race, and since there were no more v8's I say sure... Thinking imma just destroy this little shi*box, Im just chillin at the light while this guy does his little burn out. We line up, light goes green and he beats me off the line, HORRIBLE LAUNCH, I finally take off, get a littl.e sideways, and I misshift 2nd, AND 3rd =( GRIND CENTRAL =( anyways, I finally get in third and Im playing hella catch-up. The line is coming up real quick, and Im gaining about 3 cars I lost, and I pass him by 1 tenth of a sec !!!!! I was like OMG, I almost just lost to this 15 yr old kid. Now Im sure he was just happy as hell that he almost beat a STi =) Till this day my friends still make fun of me, saying (the mighty beast isnt all as mighty as people say it is) all I hear on the video, is OOOOOHHHHH from the crowd, and I also hear (thats not a real STi from some guy behind my buddies) and my damn friend says "OHH he got his ass whooped" but he cut off the video half ways cause he said he didnt want me on tape loosing so bad..... BUT I STILL ASK THEM "WHO WON" heh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hahaha ricers strike again
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Quote Originally Posted by A.Castro01
    I finally take off, get a littl.e sideways,
    you got sideways in an STi

btw, what did you run at the track?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yes, My STi did get a little sideways to where I had to make a steering correction. The times where at the start, So I dont even know what I ran agianst he Mach 1, the SVT Cobra I ran a 14.5, and the civic I ran a 15.4, remember this track is ghetto as hell, and Times start right when the light turns green, and it was my first time at the track. I would say Im an alright driver, seeing how this is my first stick.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    you got sideways in an STi

btw, what did you run at the track?

my first ever launch in sti scared the sh!t out of me because it did sorta go sideways. I was used to where i launched my old wrx and sti wasnt having it. It spun real bad and i got like a 1.9 60ft time. It doesnt go totally sideways some mustangs and muscle cars i've see but still scary.

btw so if they count time as light goes green, basically your reaction time is added to your 1/4mile? that sucks if it is, your not getting true 1/4 mile times.

you'll probably do better next time, with some more practice
    Last edited by Mid117; 04-03-2005 at 08:18 PM.

I remember gettting sideway's at the track one time. Real hard launch. It was great.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice stories. I always get my stomach fluttering before a race so I know what you mean. As for getting sidways, it's very easy in an STi on a launch. I can't even do a launch at full power now (with my snows on) as it's just to nasty....Rev, launch, oh *****!!!, recover, grap second.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

goin sideways on a launch is scarry....when my friend had his supra he was racing a 03 cobra and i was lookin at my phone when we launched and when i looked up we were completly sideways....i was like
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    goin sideways on a launch is scarry....when my friend had his supra he was racing a 03 cobra and i was lookin at my phone when we launched and when i looked up we were completly sideways....i was like
    OMG!!!!!!!!!1111ONEONEONE!!!!!!!!!!111

A post that actually contains thought that surpasses "nice kill" - "good run" - "nice races"
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    you'll probably do better next time, with some more practice
    Yeah, thx. One of these days I will get a real good feel for how the car runs, and how to not think about the other person im racing.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.