smoked a ferrari 412 from a stop...then he pulls
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on smoked a ferrari 412 from a stop...then he pulls within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; as im pulling up first to a stop light, i glance over and see what kinda looks like a jaguar ...

smoked a ferrari 412 from a stop...then he pulls

as im pulling up first to a stop light, i glance over and see what kinda looks like a jaguar next to me. It pulls up right next to me and it turns out it says Ferrari 412 on it, so im like "Sweet". I look over and its an older couple, and the older lady in the passenger seat looks over at me. I look again and he has no blinker on, so he is definitely going strait (im to the right of his car). The light turns green and I decide to gun it. I start pedalling as hard as i can and make it across the intersection (about 20') before he crosses it. After the intersection he began to pull and definitely walked my ass. I have to learn not to race ferraris on my mountain bike.

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

lol

you know, i face the same problem......overconfidance, even when im not in my rex!

yeh.. I get that too! Even when I am on my bike, I always try to give cars "the one-wheel-drive launch"
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by jigga
    yeh.. I get that too! Even when I am on my bike, I always try to give cars "the one-wheel-drive launch"
    They don't want none. If ya 'spinin ya aint winin'

Re: smoked a ferrari 412 from a stop...then he pulls

Originally posted by fengshui
    The light turns green and I decide to gun it. I start pedalling as hard as i can and make it across the intersection (about 20') before he crosses it. After the intersection he began to pull and definitely walked my ass. I have to learn not to race ferraris on my mountain bike.

-c
    That's pretty funny, fengshui. I've been riding a bike for years, and actually you are right. A bicycle can usually launch quicker than a car. Too bad it only lasts a few feet thought. But many times I have been able to outrun big trucks or busses from a light and get my lane ahead of them.

It's amazing how many drivers get pissed at you for doing a legitimate sprint to take your left turn lane, even though you didn't cut them off or force them to slow down. They think you have no right to share the road on a bicycle, even in situations where you can keep right up with, or ahead of traffic.
    Old, but not slow.

best thing i do for street riding is wear my "third eye". Just clip that rearview mirror to my glasses and always keep an eye on my six. NJ is the worst for auto insurance for a reason, alot of inconsiderate drivers. It always keeps me alert when riding, but i know when to get off and walk it across some of the busy intersections. The roads are plenty wide to share with pedestrians, bikers, and cars. Its when you get on a 1.5' single track that things get tougher

Also, shifting gears while riding is a good lesson in protecting your drivetrain. Its always good to anticipate dropping into a lower gear before tackling that next hill on my fisher, or around that corner in the REX. The Cusco RSB will help soon.

-c
    Last edited by fengshui; 09-26-2002 at 09:58 PM.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    Its when you get on a 1.5' single track that things get tougher

Also, shifting gears while riding is a good lesson in protecting your drivetrain. Its always good to anticipate dropping into a lower gear before tackling that next hill on my fisher, or around that corner in the REX. The Cusco RSB will help soon.

-c
    I hear 'ya on the single track. Fun though. I raced NORBA here for a couple of seasons, the Sea Otter and some other races. Mt. biking is great.
    Old, but not slow.

yup

yeah scoobysteve, its funny how people dont realize that bicicylists (spelt wrong lol) have as much right to be on the street as cars do. they get mad 2!! people are really ignorant these days

Thumbs up ROFL

This gets my vote for one of the best threads ever!

not to start anything, but do bicycles where you live have to have plates? to pay taxes for upkeep of the roads? painting of the aforementioned turn lanes? etc. etc etc
    The Devils Advocate......
    DML

You should have said "how much does it cost for one of those?"

Originally posted by DarkMoonLord
    not to start anything, but do bicycles where you live have to have plates? to pay taxes for upkeep of the roads? painting of the aforementioned turn lanes? etc. etc etc
    The Devils Advocate......
    DML
    well most bicyclists have cars too

and i doubt that any state is gonna start taxing kids their lunch money for road upkeep, since the majority of bike riders are usually children.

its one of those things that everyone should be alert for, i always slow down my WRX in the residental areas, ESPECIALLY when i see kids outside or close to the street.

-c

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.