2k4 WRX 5spd VS. 2k2 Maxima 6spd - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2k4 WRX 5spd VS. 2k2 Maxima 6spd within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 02 6spd Max and an 03 wrx wagon, both stock, the Max has it on the wrx unless you abuse ...

02 6spd Max and an 03 wrx wagon, both stock, the Max has it on the wrx unless you abuse the wrx. Cobb Stage 1 on wrx and the wrx feels faster but the Max usually pulls on the wrx. Cobb 2 and things get closer. I'd say wrx under 100 and Max over 100mph.

I own both.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    Good Kill.

Quote Originally Posted by steven88
    he doesn't have an upgraded turbo....lets make this straight once and for all...

I have two friends with WRXs....one with a silver 03 and one with a black 04....

the black 04's mods are in the first page of this thread....he is not a straight stg 2 becuz on Cobb's website....a stage 2 is turboback+AP....he has those two mods and many more....that is why i call him a stg 2.5, cuz he really isn't a straight stg 2.....

my friend with the silver one has a TXS turboback and UTEC....he has it tuned very well becuz he spent countless hrs on it....me and my SILVER friend raced from a 20mph roll before....twice too....both outcomes are me pulling 1.5 car lengths by 90mph with no intention of him pulling on me.....in other words...I beat him everytime we go at it from a roll.....
    dude, You have a maxima. It is a family sedan, It is not fast. You would get straight owned by a stock WRX with a decent driver.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    dude, You have a maxima. It is a family sedan, It is not fast. You would get straight owned by a stock WRX with a decent driver.
    you obviously don't know too much about maximas either....

that could very well be the most ignorant thing I have heard today

You have a lot of searching around to do my friend. The 6spd 2k2/2k3 maxima is a sedan, but also a sports sedan that only weighs like 3200lbs and makes 220+whp stock. The 6spd maxima is good for mid 14's (14.4-14.6) with a good driver and traps at 97+mph. That 1/4 mile time is what "most" wrx drivers get... most drivers will never pull off those 14.1/14.2 mag times you see.. a majority of them will be in mid 14's. Next, that 97+mph trap speed destroys the stock wrx's 94mph trap speed. Not to mention that the car in question has an intake and catback which knocks off another .1 to .2 which has the car running anywhere from 14.2-14.5 with a good driver and trapping 98/99mph. That means from a dig its going to be a really close race and anything over 1/4mile the maxima is going to start pulling hard, and it would walk all over it from a roll.

You have much research to do on the car, I would not be so quick to call a car slow because of how it looks... The E55 AMG looks like an over-weight luxury cruiser.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

wow....biggest tool ever, holy cow...is this guy even serious? this guy may need a ride in a VQ35.

maybe he's talking about the 2ng gen maxima. then i would believe it.
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

My intention was to come on this forum and share my experience with WRX tuners....and it was through this video....I respect all cars and what they are made for. But to hear other people say that Maximas are not fast and what not....it is just the most ignorant statement to be heard.....Heck, I know my car isn't THAT FAST.....at the same time, I also know how fast WRXs are....

I've studied WRXs too....unlike some people who have never even studied a maxima, yet alone racing one.....my friend with the silver 03 is a prime example..he has no previous experience with a maxima or even studied one...we never even met until our friend introduced us to race....I asked him to do from a roll and he agreed....a few days before the race my friend overheard him talking smack on my car sayin that "its a family car, it's heavy, it will get pwn3d by my WRX EVEN FROM A ROLL..." well let me tell you...he was in for a BIG suprise.....from a 60mph roll to 120mph....i smoked him by so much that it didn't even look like a race anymore....at the time I only had intake....he only had the TSX UTEC.....after we ran, the look on his face was absolutely priceless....man he was trying to cover it up so much by giving me excuses such as "oh I needa tune it more, I mis shifted etc etc."....omg it was so funny....everybody there that night knew I shattered his spirits....

With me, I study my cars.....I know my opponents.....I don't say anything until I am absolutely sure on the hard evident facts....so that is why I engaged to race my silver 03 friend.....basically I don't engage races with cars that I know I can't handle...and I KNOW i can handle my friend's silver 03...as with my friend's black 04....I thought I was able to slightly pull on him on top-end...only becuz I've studied the stock turbos on WRXs and know how their dyno chart looks like...but I was proven wrong....his car is amazing....for him to be able to keep his ground at such high speeds means he is really packing heat....if u know how a vq35 dynos look....you'll see that the HP stays quite flat to redline and doesn't drop like a rock in the upper revs, like the stock turbo'd WRXs...that means at speeds of 130, its favorable more towards the maxima...so I was really amazed at his car....but at the same time I don't blame my car for not beating him becuz he has twice the mods as I do....and he weighs almost 200lbs lighter

and I never once doubted a WRX's tuning capabilities becuz I'VE STUDIED them.....I know whats going on....unlike some who just don't know anything about a Maxima....I hope one day you'll get smoked by one and realize that not all cars are as worthless as you think.....

DTR&Chip....I'll let u know if I get any new videos up....so stay tuned ya'll
    Last edited by steven88; 04-29-2005 at 02:18 AM.

HAHAHAHA... you had a photoshoot at the cerritos mall??

doesn't it bug you how johnny rockets has been "coming soon" since forever?
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by lanevoell
    HAHAHAHA... you had a photoshoot at the cerritos mall??

doesn't it bug you how johnny rockets has been "coming soon" since forever?
    my g/f goes to cali a few times a year to visit family.. she has talked about that mall several times because its close to her cousins place.... I hate you all for living there
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    my g/f goes to cali a few times a year to visit family.. she has talked about that mall several times because its close to her cousins place.... I hate you all for living there
    why?

the mall ain't THAT great. haha just kidding, i know what you meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by steven88
    My intention was to come on this forum and share my experience with WRX tuners....and it was through this video....I respect all cars and what they are made for. But to hear other people say that Maximas are not fast and what not....it is just the most ignorant statement to be heard.....Heck, I know my car isn't THAT FAST.....at the same time, I also know how fast WRXs are....

I've studied WRXs too....unlike some people who have never even studied a maxima, yet alone racing one.....my friend with the silver 03 is a prime example..he has no previous experience with a maxima or even studied one...we never even met until our friend introduced us to race....I asked him to do from a roll and he agreed....a few days before the race my friend overheard him talking smack on my car sayin that "its a family car, it's heavy, it will get pwn3d by my WRX EVEN FROM A ROLL..." well let me tell you...he was in for a BIG suprise.....from a 60mph roll to 120mph....i smoked him by so much that it didn't even look like a race anymore....at the time I only had intake....he only had the TSX UTEC.....after we ran, the look on his face was absolutely priceless....man he was trying to cover it up so much by giving me excuses such as "oh I needa tune it more, I mis shifted etc etc."....omg it was so funny....everybody there that night knew I shattered his spirits....

With me, I study my cars.....I know my opponents.....I don't say anything until I am absolutely sure on the hard evident facts....so that is why I engaged to race my silver 03 friend.....basically I don't engage races with cars that I know I can't handle...and I KNOW i can handle my friend's silver 03...as with my friend's black 04....I thought I was able to slightly pull on him on top-end...only becuz I've studied the stock turbos on WRXs and know how their dyno chart looks like...but I was proven wrong....his car is amazing....for him to be able to keep his ground at such high speeds means he is really packing heat....if u know how a vq35 dynos look....you'll see that the HP stays quite flat to redline and doesn't drop like a rock in the upper revs, like the stock turbo'd WRXs...that means at speeds of 130, its favorable more towards the maxima...so I was really amazed at his car....but at the same time I don't blame my car for not beating him becuz he has twice the mods as I do....and he weighs almost 200lbs lighter

and I never once doubted a WRX's tuning capabilities becuz I'VE STUDIED them.....I know whats going on....unlike some who just don't know anything about a Maxima....I hope one day you'll get smoked by one and realize that not all cars are as worthless as you think.....

DTR&Chip....I'll let u know if I get any new videos up....so stay tuned ya'll
    Dude- don't let a few misguided people get 'ya riled up. As you can see from the posts, most of the people on this forum are car people period. They know what you got and appreciate it. BTW thanks for the pics, your car is beautiful.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

hey guys its me the one he raced with the black of wrx... wow so much anger in this thread its jus a race... yep im no stage 2.5 thinking of going vf22 in about 2 months tho so im prety lose, i reposted the vid back in the vid forum see u guys around

[-562-] five six duce layter

chip talks too much!
    Driver: Francis-Paul Dela Cruz
    04' Wrx Utec stg.3
    Home: Glendora Mt. Ridge

F4 #09 <---- the the suby-guru in-training

|[ D. D. i. D. ]| <--- Support the cause!

ok i sound like a girl in the vid, glad u notice insignificant things besides the main point, ( the race) least i dont drive like one

or do i?
    04' Wrx Utec stg.3

yep too much hate.. ima go run resinator less tomorow andrew, ill take vid caps of it and post it up here and maybe ill scream like a woman then also.... then will go drift in the volvo 940
    04' Wrx Utec stg.3

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSaidHi
    yep too much hate.. ima go run resinator less tomorow andrew, ill take vid caps of it and post it up here and maybe ill scream like a woman then also.... then will go drift in the volvo 940
    lol yer crazy foo! u down for some races this friday? ionno who i can set u up against....since I don't know anybody who is faster than you.....i'm tryin to get my homies to run n ****....and videotaping and posting it back here....meet up at lollicup after u get off work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.