2k4 WRX 5spd VS. 2k2 Maxima 6spd - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2k4 WRX 5spd VS. 2k2 Maxima 6spd within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'd expect a stage 2 to rape you below a 100, but anything over that I'd think you'd start pulling ...

I'd expect a stage 2 to rape you below a 100, but anything over that I'd think you'd start pulling against a WRX with stock gears. Esspecially when he shifted into 5th.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I'd expect a stage 2 to rape you below a 100, but anything over that I'd think you'd start pulling against a WRX with stock gears. Esspecially when he shifted into 5th.
    I wouldn't say "rape" below 100mph.... from a dig yes, but the VQ35 has amazing torque, and considering the maxima is lightly modded I wouldn't use "rape" as the appropriate term.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I wouldn't say "rape" below 100mph.... from a dig yes, but the VQ35 has amazing torque, and considering the maxima is lightly modded I wouldn't use "rape" as the appropriate term.
    with those mods he's maybe getting 8-10 to the wheels. Have you ever drove one of those from a dig, stock tires are horrible no traction. I was impressed with the torque though.

with those mods he's maybe getting 8-10 to the wheels. Have you ever drove one of those from a dig, stock tires are horrible no traction. I was impressed with the torque though.
    more like 15-18whp....and rape is not the appropriate term either....I raced another friend of mine with a straight stage 2 WRX (not stage 2.5) from a 10mph roll....and I beat him by 1.5 car lengths by 85mph with no intention of him catching up either...so I wouldn't call WRX's raping my car below 100...the more appropriate term is from a DIG

from a dig, yes..... a stageII rex in the 1/4 is good for 13.5 or so with a good driver, and a 6spd maxima with his mods is good for 14.3 with a good driver. Take away the awd launch though, and as long as there is no "dig" race, starting anywhere over 10-15mph and the wrx will not "rape" the maxima.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    from a dig, yes..... a stageII rex in the 1/4 is good for 13.5 or so with a good driver, and a 6spd maxima with his mods is good for 14.3 with a good driver. Take away the awd launch though, and as long as there is no "dig" race, starting anywhere over 10-15mph and the wrx will not "rape" the maxima.

Quote Originally Posted by steven88
    EDIT: I hope to have the video up in the next few days or so....so stay tuned....i've been real busy lately and so is my homie (the one who is suppose to help me edit)....

What do you guys think would happen with a cobb stage 2.5 same scenario (15-20) roll..

Quote Originally Posted by Paul__420
    What do you guys think would happen with a cobb stage 2.5 same scenario (15-20) roll..
    It would get raped.

It would get raped.
    obviously u don't know too much about maximas....first u don't know how much we gain out of mods....and second u assume the outcome of races when u probably never even raced a maxima.....and no don't try to lie and say u have a friend with a maxima or you've raced one before....becuz there aren't many maximas in the first place and if indeed u knew someone with a maxima...you would have mentioned it earlier....so i already know u have almost no experience with one....

obviously u don't know too much about maximas....first u don't know how much we gain out of mods....and second u assume the outcome of races when u probably never even raced a maxima.....and no don't try to lie and say u have a friend with a maxima or you've raced one before....becuz there aren't many maximas in the first place and if indeed u knew someone with a maxima...you would have mentioned it earlier....so i already know u have almost no experience with one....
    cobb stage 2.5 is a new turbo and supporting fuel mods, if you didn't know that. its the slightly lesser equivalent to a txs stage 4. i just say lesser cause it is slightly more limited in tuning and possible turbo applications.
    Last edited by zapman; 04-14-2005 at 12:25 PM.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

I Support ClubWRX
    It would get raped.
    I agree. A Maxima with intake and catback can't stand up too well to an upgraded turbo WRX. Not only that, but some of you Maxima guys still have a little wheelspin at 15mph. A Cobb 2.5 WRX is fast...deal with it.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I agree. A Maxima with intake and catback can't stand up too well to an upgraded turbo WRX. Not only that, but some of you Maxima guys still have a little wheelspin at 15mph. A Cobb 2.5 WRX is fast...deal with it.
    he doesn't have an upgraded turbo....lets make this straight once and for all...

I have two friends with WRXs....one with a silver 03 and one with a black 04....

the black 04's mods are in the first page of this thread....he is not a straight stg 2 becuz on Cobb's website....a stage 2 is turboback+AP....he has those two mods and many more....that is why i call him a stg 2.5, cuz he really isn't a straight stg 2.....

my friend with the silver one has a TXS turboback and UTEC....he has it tuned very well becuz he spent countless hrs on it....me and my SILVER friend raced from a 20mph roll before....twice too....both outcomes are me pulling 1.5 car lengths by 90mph with no intention of him pulling on me.....in other words...I beat him everytime we go at it from a roll.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__420
    This is what my comment was in reference to. Go back and try again - it's pretty clear.

Reading comprehensi0wn3d.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

he doesn't have an upgraded turbo....lets make this straight once and for all...

I have two friends with WRXs....one with a silver 03 and one with a black 04....

the black 04's mods are in the first page of this thread....he is not a straight stg 2 becuz on Cobb's website....a stage 2 is turboback+AP....he has those two mods and many more....that is why i call him a stg 2.5, cuz he really isn't a straight stg 2.....

my friend with the silver one has a TXS turboback and UTEC....he has it tuned very well becuz he spent countless hrs on it....me and my SILVER friend raced from a 20mph roll before....twice too....both outcomes are me pulling 1.5 car lengths by 90mph with no intention of him pulling on me.....in other words...I beat him everytime we go at it from a roll.....
    just cause he spendt endless hours on it doesn't mean it is good. generally utec>ap. yeah i know what you mean with the stage 2.5 stuff, but cobb numbers theirs funny.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.