STI vs M3..... Taken from a BIMMER site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs M3..... Taken from a BIMMER site within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; HMMMMMM taken from MAXBIMMER.COM what u guys think ???? ================================================== ===== #1 Darkness95m3 2nd Gear Member Join Date: Jan 2005 ...

STI vs M3..... Taken from a BIMMER site

HMMMMMM taken from MAXBIMMER.COM

what u guys think ????
    ================================================== =====

Darkness95m3
    2nd Gear Member

Supercharged 95M3 Vs WRX STI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This took place last year.

The weather has been nice where I live for the past few days. Snow has melted away motorcycles are out cruising, cars actually have colour other then Salt White and the roads are dry. Have been pondering whether to bring my car out? TheFord E350 TurboDiesel is a great driver but darn want my M3. My neighbor pulls out his Harley out of his garage a few of his buddies come over and they are gone.

I guess that did it, after being stored for 4 months, I opened the garage door looked at a gray cover over my M3 and wonder should I? I hear a faint sound in the distance of a high revving tuner and before you know the cover is off, the battery is in turn the key and she roars to life. Love that sound, the smell of leather the feel of the seats, it has been to long. I look at all of the gages they seem to be all fine the car idles a little bit rough with the new mods, grab the shifter place it into first let the clutch out and we are moving.
    Sometimes I wish I lived in California, Florida or Phoenix and not in Canada but then I guess I would have nothing to look forward to!

As I pull out on to the street a Honda Prelude pulls beside me, the guy is checking me out, his engine is revving high I look over and smile at him.
    I decided to drive buy all the local areas where everyone brings their rides and they were all out. Looked at all of the groups, there are the pick-up trucks, the kids with their parents cars, there is a new group 5 blue SRT4’s they look awesome, the WRX group, VW’s, Audi’s, Mustang’s and the list goes on.

Ahh, Spring is almost here. As I leave the beach I’m stopped at a red light, should I go right, left or straight on the highway? If I go on the highway I can open her up, the highway it is. First gear shifted at three thousand, placed her into second and the pedal was to the floor. What a sound that AA Supercharger makes, all you hear is the air rushing through the K&N filter, the supercharger is whining like a 747 taking of, rear tires break loose I know I’m at 5000 RPM, shift into third and my God she regains traction and I get sucked into the seat, she is pulling hard, shift into fifth for cruise mode. My face hurts! Get of the highway at the next exit. Turn left go under the highway and left again to go back on the highway. Darn red light.

This is where it all started. I glance at all of my gauges everything is fine hunting idle on my tach (Rpm Gauge going from 800rpm to 1200rpm over and over). Corner of my left eye I see a silver car pull up look up “STI”. I hear a pounding noise to realize it’s my heart, my grip on the shifter is firm, then I thought not today first day out plus the car has some mod issues that I need to work out. I look over and find the female passenger looking at my car and “hey she was looking at my car and laughing” she looks back at her driver and he is laughing, they both look at my car and “My God they both are laughing” what’s up with that?

Hmm they can’t be laughing at my car it’s a M3. I let my clutch out a bit my car moves up a foot or two and so does his. Well we all know what that means! I hear yelling from outside, look at the young girl, she is saying something, her exact words “You don’t want us to ruin your day”? They were laughing at my car!

I looked over and said in a very polite voice “Just try it” Bring my RPM’s to 1500, heart pounding. I hear his engine revving must be 4000-5000rpm’s. What seemed like an eternity light turns green. The next sound I heard was frightening, his car shot out by a car length “darn those all wheel drive cars” and we are off. I feel my rear tire’s spinning ease of the throttle, I’m not gaining, look at my tach 4000,4500, shift 6500rpm shift, what seemed to forever ,we are side by side, there goes that feeling again I look in the rear view mirror he is about 3 car lengths behind, feel the urge, shift, he is so far back that I can’t see the puzzled look on their faces. I shut her down and wait for them to catch up; they don’t want to pull beside me. They get of the next exit I know where they are going, to the beach. I get off the next exit and head over to the beach. Drive over to the WRX Corral and there they were. Look over to them and smiled and asked the hows their day going? Do you know what he said to me? I got lucky! Next time I won’t be so fortunate. I smiled!
    As I drove of a felt my face really hurting. Smiles are a wonderful feeling!
    Last edited by wrxhunter; 04-01-2005 at 07:58 PM.
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter

what u guys think ????

Darkness95m3
    2nd Gear Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weather has been nice where I live for the past few days. Snow has melted away motorcycles are out cruising, cars actually have colour other then Salt White and the roads are dry. Have been pondering whether to bring my car out? TheFord E350 TurboDiesel is a great driver but darn want my M3. My neighbor pulls out his Harley out of his garage a few of his buddies come over and they are gone.

I guess that did it, after being stored for 4 months, I opened the garage door looked at a gray cover over my M3 and wonder should I? I hear a faint sound in the distance of a high revving tuner and before you know the cover is off, the battery is in turn the key and she roars to life. Love that sound, the smell of leather the feel of the seats, it has been to long. I look at all of the gages they seem to be all fine the car idles a little bit rough with the new mods, grab the shifter place it into first let the clutch out and we are moving.
    Sometimes I wish I lived in California, Florida or Phoenix and not in Canada but then I guess I would have nothing to look forward to!

As I pull out on to the street a Honda Prelude pulls beside me, the guy is checking me out, his engine is revving high I look over and smile at him.
    I decided to drive buy all the local areas where everyone brings their rides and they were all out. Looked at all of the groups, there are the pick-up trucks, the kids with their parents cars, there is a new group 5 blue SRT4’s they look awesome, the WRX group, VW’s, Audi’s, Mustang’s and the list goes on.

Ahh, Spring is almost here. As I leave the beach I’m stopped at a red light, should I go right, left or straight on the highway? If I go on the highway I can open her up, the highway it is. First gear shifted at three thousand, placed her into second and the pedal was to the floor. What a sound that AA Supercharger makes, all you hear is the air rushing through the K&N filter, the supercharger is whining like a 747 taking of, rear tires break loose I know I’m at 5000 RPM, shift into third and my God she regains traction and I get sucked into the seat, she is pulling hard, shift into fifth for cruise mode. My face hurts! Get of the highway at the next exit. Turn left go under the highway and left again to go back on the highway. Darn red light.

This is where it all started. I glance at all of my gauges everything is fine hunting idle on my tach (Rpm Gauge going from 800rpm to 1200rpm over and over). Corner of my left eye I see a silver car pull up look up “STI”. I hear a pounding noise to realize it’s my heart, my grip on the shifter is firm, then I thought not today first day out plus the car has some mod issues that I need to work out. I look over and find the female passenger looking at my car and “hey she was looking at my car and laughing” she looks back at her driver and he is laughing, they both look at my car and “My God they both are laughing” what’s up with that?

Hmm they can’t be laughing at my car it’s a M3. I let my clutch out a bit my car moves up a foot or two and so does his. Well we all know what that means! I hear yelling from outside, look at the young girl, she is saying something, her exact words “You don’t want us to ruin your day”? They were laughing at my car!

I looked over and said in a very polite voice “Just try it” Bring my RPM’s to 1500, heart pounding. I hear his engine revving must be 4000-5000rpm’s. What seemed like an eternity light turns green. The next sound I heard was frightening, his car shot out by a car length “darn those all wheel drive cars” and we are off. I feel my rear tire’s spinning ease of the throttle, I’m not gaining, look at my tach 4000,4500, shift 6500rpm shift, what seemed to forever ,we are side by side, there goes that feeling again I look in the rear view mirror he is about 3 car lengths behind, feel the urge, shift, he is so far back that I can’t see the puzzled look on their faces. I shut her down and wait for them to catch up; they don’t want to pull beside me. They get of the next exit I know where they are going, to the beach. I get off the next exit and head over to the beach. Drive over to the WRX Corral and there they were. Look over to them and smiled and asked the hows their day going? Do you know what he said to me? I got lucky! Next time I won’t be so fortunate. I smiled!

Seeing that i saw more then one wrx run in the mid 15s consistantly at the track tonight i don't see why an STI can't run in the mide 14s with that same driver, in which an M3 with a great driver could pull that on them. Who knows....
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

why would you quote all that on the very next post?
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

supercharged '99 M3: http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...1999_M3_SC.htm
    stock STi: http://www.ktrperformance.com/galler...03/simon_l.htm
    turboback: http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...TI_exhaust.htm

Assuming the STi is stock or has a turboback, the results of the race seem about right.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

at higher speeds a rwd car has more potential, less drivetrain drag. the sti is putting out a good bit more crank power, but the awd's 3 differentials and extra rotating mass suck it all up.

i bet a sc'd m3 is a fun ride...
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter

what u guys think ????

Darkness95m3
    2nd Gear Member

whats the point of this thread again? Your calling bs on a s/c E36 M3 beating an STi
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

naa just asking input..... i thought it could be a pretty decent race
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

No BS flag here.
    E36 M3's with FI would definitly catch some pretty good kills.

His GF....

Ego ownage at it's best

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilver
    why would you quote all that on the very next post?
    Why would you waste your time writting a useless post like this?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Dear Penthouse...

i dont see why a blown and modded M3 can't beat an STi up top......but i think he exaggerated a little too much

I was referring to his writing style:
    -"The weather has been nice where I live for the past few days. Snow has melted away motorcycles are out cruising, cars actually have colour other then Salt White and the roads are dry. Have been pondering whether to bring my car out?"
    -"Looked at all of the groups, there are the pick-up trucks, the kids with their parents cars, there is a new group 5 blue SRT4’s they look awesome, the WRX group, VW’s, Audi’s, Mustang’s and the list goes on."
    -"Ahh, Spring is almost here. "
    -"I hear a pounding noise to realize it’s my heart, my grip on the shifter is firm, then I thought not today first day out plus the car has some mod issues that I need to work out. I look over and find the female passenger looking at my car and “hey she was looking at my car and laughing” she looks back at her driver and he is laughing, they both look at my car and “My God they both are laughing” what’s up with that?"

Get to the damn point.

Hmm they can’t be laughing at my car it’s a M3

Quote Originally Posted by 2THFXR
    Get to the damn point.
    aw c'mon man, it was entertaining. lol

would you have rather ir read:
    "I took out my M3, it is tEh fasTAr! i found an STi and i winned."
    Dave
    01 RS

I Support ClubWRX
    This thread blows wang.
    "Did you sleep well?"