STI vs M3..... Taken from a BIMMER site - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on STI vs M3..... Taken from a BIMMER site within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by bigd would you have rather ir read: "I took out my M3, it is tEh fasTAr! i ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigd

would you have rather ir read:
    "I took out my M3, it is tEh fasTAr! i found an STi and i winned."
    That probably would have been better than reading thru that garbage. The last paragraph would have been more than enough.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm curious if the M3 owner is a writter? Really great detail in his story. I felt like I was right there with him.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar

The guy who wrote that has to much time on his hands, writer or not.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Everyone knows highway racing = the pinnacle of motorsports. What a moron starts up his car that has been stored for 4 months than beats on it the first day out? The next person with the smile that hurts their face will be this dude's bavarian mechanic. Sad he had to mod up a 95 M3 with the smaller engine (3.0 vs 3.2). What a dork.

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

how is it sad? if its fast and fun to drive, hell, i'd say its well worth it...
    Dave
    01 RS

Fast is relative. If my car is geared for 200mph and I "eventually" get there and outrun a Lamborghini or Ferrari with a 150mph speed limiter should I feel like I won? And unless he picked up his car brand new, most folks would get the slightly bigger displacement 3.2L that was introduced a year later. He was probably feeling inadequate getting whipped on by hybrid civics.

-Chris
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by 2THFXR
    Dear Penthouse...
    lol... i was thinkin the same thing. that guy hasto work for penthouse forum.

so you're saying the 3.0 isn't worth anyone's time, that the 2/10ths of a liter extra displacement would net him limitless hp?
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    so you're saying the 3.0 isn't worth anyone's time, that the 2/10ths of a liter extra displacement would net him limitless hp?
    Actually its more than .2 L, its a higher final drive as well as OBD-II. Given the choice of a 96 or 95, the most capable model would be 96+. But whatever the case is, the guy is a tool. Most likely he doesn't catch up to the STi until after they blast through a 1/4 mile. My buddy's STi always loses to this guy's C5 Corvette on the highway, but doesn't get past until 110 on the STi speedo. He is already through the 1/4 mile by then and would have posted a better time.

I highly doubt it took very long to pass that STi.

ive raced and beaten a couple of sti's with my setup, which makes me think this guy might be speaking the truth... but

what are the stats of his car? which s/c is he running and what psi?

im in the 12's with my supercharger

i have a 97 m3 with AA supercharger, 9psi ... intake manifold.... exhaust.... etc.

never mind, i missed the part where he said AA supercharger...

i am guessing with his car.. he is around 280-290rwhp depending what else he has done

and if you guys dont have faith in FI bmw's.... i have many videos and friends with turbo m3's that have 500rwhp up to 750rwhp if you want dyno plots, drag videos, racing videos..

regaurldess.. any m3 w/ a AA s/c with basic boost is looking at low 13's.. possibly high 12's.... so this race is probably realistic. (trapping 106-110mph)

Quote Originally Posted by boostedm3
    never mind, i missed the part where he said AA supercharger...

i am guessing with his car.. he is around 280-290rwhp depending what else he has done

and if you guys dont have faith in FI bmw's.... i have many videos and friends with turbo m3's that have 500rwhp up to 750rwhp if you want dyno plots, drag videos, racing videos..

regaurldess.. any m3 w/ a AA s/c with basic boost is looking at low 13's.. possibly high 12's.... so this race is probably realistic. (trapping 106-110mph)
    I am in the process of turboing a super eta if you know what that is.

-Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12