Shocking:Pulled on a S4 at 90+
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Shocking:Pulled on a S4 at 90+ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I finally picked up my WRX (hehe spent over 00.00 on it before I even owned it) off my ...

Shocking:Pulled on a S4 at 90+

Well I finally picked up my WRX (hehe spent over $1000.00 on it before I even owned it) off my friend but he needed a ride to pick up his 2000 s4. We test drove the car and WOW is it loaded. That thing has it all and the red display is sweet. But after the test drive it just didn't feel that fast but it's a heavy car and that always makes it feel slower.

Well on the way home we did a few pulls from about 85 mph. First pull I stayed in 5th and he pulled about 2 cars on me to about 120. The second time I down shifted to 4th and pulled about 2 cars on him up to about 130mph. Well our fun got cut short since RT80 in Pa was at a dead stop for some reason. So we got out and talked. We were both shocked at the WRX's top end power compaired to the s4's 6cyl TT(and here I thought it was a single turbo). I thought for sure he was going to pull hard on me at those speeds.

My mods are.
    TBE BPM GT Spec
    Unichip w/ stage 2 map (Utec goes in tomorrow)
    Hallman MBC (15.5 PSI)
    and running crappy 91 octane.

The s4 was completely stock.

It was the 1st time I got to drive it since I only picked it up from him 2 hours before. Also downshifting to 4th I felt the rear lock in a little hard. I'm guessing I need to be a little smoother with shifting or is this normal?

In any case my first chance to roll the WRX and I'm happy with it.

Oh and we had a Sunfire roll up on us with, get this twin glass packs running out the back. I wouldn't believe it. I haven't seen a set of glass packs in years let alone on a new car. Sounded like shyt and was back firing like mad. I waited up for him thinking he might want to run but he just rolled by.. I hope he had a good sound system in it cause the poacks were loud at hell..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow sounds way to familiar. my friend just picked up a 2000 navy blue s4 and we where doing the same thing only in my EVO with 333WHP. needless to say it wasnt close but has fueled him to now drop 4K and its gonna be a beast now
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    wow sounds way to familiar. my friend just picked up a 2000 navy blue s4 and we where doing the same thing only in my EVO with 333WHP. needless to say it wasnt close but has fueled him to now drop 4K and its gonna be a beast now
    Yeah my friend is already in contact with a company in Philly to do a chip replacement for him.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice run
    nice post
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice run
    Cite your sources.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    nice post
    ha ha.... I love it.
    On topic though... S4s are a beautiful car though. Just very heavy.

nice run
    ^^this is either getting really funny or really annoying. I can't tell...

I had a 2000 S4 before my WRX, and I caught a lot of sht for "downgrading" to the WRX. Now my friend that has a stock 2002 S4 doesn't have so much to say

We switched cars a few weeks ago and did some runs (2 from a stop and 1 highway roll 40-100), and he loves how hard the WRX with UTEC pulls. Now, when I go back to driving the S4, it feels heavy as heck to me. It's still an awesome car though, with some serious potential. I don't regret my "downgrade" one bit.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Evo IX: 475whp

Both DYNOFLASH

I look at it like this. My roommates 2000 S4 is very nice and I love the heated seats they are so nice especially after i crank the heat on for a few minutes. And it has great pull just nothing at all fancy.

But he's coming from a 95 b16 turbo hatch that you can buy any part for like 25 bucks.

Everything for this Audi is atleast 1K and to me this is just not practical. So far his downpipes are $1,200. The catback is going to run some where around $1,000. Then you have to upgrade the ECU that's an extra $700 dollars plus the cost of tuning so call it an even $1,000. After all of that you are still in the low 13's and are out 3K. You put 3K into an EVO / WRX / STI and you are going to get some serious power for your buck.

I like his S4 however I guess I lack the vision that it will ever be fast. I'm at a healthy 333WHP in the EVO and I dont think he can ever spend enough money to beat me.

Look at this site 1 recorded S4 in the 10's and just a few in the 11's.
    http://www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips.cgi
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.