racing cops
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on racing cops within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so I decided to take a different way home from school today. Even though it takes a bit longer, I ...

racing cops

so I decided to take a different way home from school today. Even though it takes a bit longer, I wanted to take the highway so I could enjoy the decent weather and cruise. I came across a guy in a newest gen prelude. The car looked really nice with wheels, kit, CF hood, etc...... Well I caught up to him and passed him and he proceeded to follow chase at about 70mph. He pulled up next to me, one thing led to another and we went at it twice. First time from about 55mph and I immediately put nearly 2 cars on him, and we went at it up until about 90mph where I was ~ 3 cars ahead. I hit the brakes and got a fly by. Second time was from about 70-110 and the results were pretty similar, but this time he inching up nearing 100mph or so, but when we stopped I still had a good 2 cars on him. I gave him a and signaled that I didn't want to run anymore.
    I assume he had the basic i/h/e.

now the interesting part: A mustang (92-98 4.6L GT) come out of NOWHERE. By this time the prelude and I were just cruising along at about 65mph with this mustang on the preludes ass. So the prelude turns off on an exit and the mustang gets next to me, and I get a better view of it. white mustang, DARK rear tints, and whadda ya know, a couple little lights on the rear window hidden and a couple in the grill. obviously this was a cop and the guy must have thought I was a complete moron. He starts to pace me from the side and I slow down to the speed limit (55mph) and downshift just to let my exhaust growl a little. The cop in the stang starts lunging a little bit (the assh0le is trying to instigate a race with me ) I look over, and hes in his freaking uniform and I looking DIRECTLY at him! for some reason he think I dont notice this, lol..... He continues to try and instigate a race and I just play it cool and keep at a solid 55mph. Even though I was not doing anything illegal I was just waiting for him to pull me over. so after about 40sec of him pacing me, my exit is coming up, and I speed up a bit to pull in front of him to change lanes. He then changes to the left of me and speeds up, slows down, and I look over at him in his cop uniform and laugh and shake my head.
    At this point I just exited, hoping he wouldn't follow me... luckily he didn't.

I just thought it was hilarious that I got paced and lunged at from a stang GT that was a highway patrol car, and the dude was in his uniform with me looking at him, and still assumed he would try and instigate a race. gotta love cops. They are often the less intelligent of us human beings. (though I am sure, people have fallen for that trick that he tried to pull on me before).
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

or simply just wanted to race

my friend who drives an RSX-S Turbo was challenged by a modified muscle car (can't remember what) - the did two or three pulls from a dig (red lights) and by the third time, a cop caught them... they both were instructed to pull over. the cop went and talk to the driver of the muscle car first.. then talked to my friend.. they would've gotten a speeding ticket, a reckless driving ticket, and something else I can't remember what.. to my friends' amazement, they didn't get any citation. so, after the cop left, he went and talk to the driver of the muscle car. guess what, he's a cop-- serving the same station the other cop do...

Quote Originally Posted by GotWRX03
    or simply just wanted to race

my friend who drives an RSX-S Turbo was challenged by a modified muscle car (can't remember what) - the did two or three pulls from a dig (red lights) and by the third time, a cop caught them... they both were instructed to pull over. the cop went and talk to the driver of the muscle car first.. then talked to my friend.. they would've gotten a speeding ticket, a reckless driving ticket, and something else I can't remember what.. to my friends' amazement, they didn't get any citation. so, after the cop left, he went and talk to the driver of the muscle car. guess what, he's a cop-- serving the same station the other cop do...
    thats awesome!

My aunt is a county sheriff and has not gotten a ticket since she started, but been pulled over SEVERAL times
    Just call me Clark Kent

I really don't like cops sometimes. This story proves how stupid they are. Flame me if you want but they should be pulling over these people (mostly women) speeding in there giant SUV's. Kids in the back on the cell phone, cutting off everyone. If i find myself street racing, i do it on the highway. I am alot more alert to my surroundings then those f'ing SUV's. Sorry ladies but it's just what i see.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

My older brother was in his 92 civic hatch one day at a stop light when a cop pulled up and asked if he had an exhaust leak... which he does. And then the cop asked him if he wanted to race and rev'd up his engine and when the light turned green, the cop jumped ahead and left us in the dust.
    BlueWRX-7

downshifting and letting a cop hear your exhaust in CA would mean an instant ticket. I'm guessing there are no 95 dB laws in IL?

Over here we have the standard cop cars, but the highway patrol has a few white camaro police cars. The lightbar on the top is hard to notice because it is the clear type.

WRX
    yeah we have db laws, but no one enforces them. (that I've ever heard of)

edit: What highway were you on DTR so I know to look out for him?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Huh cops around here are pretty cool.. Once I was on a Motorcycle ride for the local SPCA. There was about 10 or 15 Sport Bikes out of 500+ bikers so we took up the back of the pack. We started playing around a little with backfires, Endo and wheelies. The funny thing is the cop behind us was the one who told us too..

It's kind of fun riding a wheelie with a cop behind you laughing.

Yeah, I had a cop here in Lexington driving an undercover Crown Vic at about 90mph on I75 North. I was following him for over 15 miles and as we approached my exit I sped up to go around him, get in the right lane and get off. He sped up to ~100 so I floored it and passed him. At that point he just flipped on the lights hidden behind his grill so I slowed down next to him and gave him the thumbs up and kept going. He was just laughing about it and we went on our ways...pretty cool...probably some detective on his weay to work.

4 years ago, one of my fellow F-body friends (John) was in his 98SS going north on 94 towards the IL-WI border. A 96ish Mustang GT kept pulling up to his back bumper, and backing off. The Mustang repeated this process a number of times, despite no other traffic around. Finally, John got really fed up with the Mustang's behavior, and he dropped it down into 3rd and blasted up to 115 mph leaving the GT well behind. As he coasted back down to speed, the red and blue lights on the Mustang lit up... John got a ticket for speeding and wreckless driving. Cop had it all on video... With legal fees and fines, he spent over $1500.00 on the whole thing. It's not considered entrapment, because you are willingly breaking the law... They've been doing this for a few years to other performance cars on the expressways and tollways. It sucks, but it makes me pay attention to who I'm about to race...

There are a number of those 96-98 Mustangs and also some hardtop Camaro LS1's (no Z28 badging, however) that are owned by the Illinois State Police. They even have regular license plates. 3 small antennaes on the back window and the tints are about the only clue you'll get. That, and they don't have t-tops (kind of rare for a Camaro).

DTR did an excellent job of spotting the cues and identifying the other driver and car in advance as a state police vehicle.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    What highway were you on DTR so I know to look out for him?
    I was going North of 355. (coming from the wheaton/glen ellyn area, and going towards schaumburg).

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    downshifting and letting a cop hear your exhaust in CA would mean an instant ticket. I'm guessing there are no 95 dB laws in IL?

Over here we have the standard cop cars, but the highway patrol has a few white camaro police cars. The lightbar on the top is hard to notice because it is the clear type.
    We do have db laws here, but they are generally not enforced. I did not down shift to really provoke anything, but generally a down shift entails someone is getting ready to gun it, I just did it so he would think I was about to take off...... instead, I just slowed down and smiled. btw, I also have the Greddy Evo catback with catless exhaust. Its not THAT loud, gives off a nice rumble

we have some camaro's here as well. I have seen chrysler concords, 300M's, GT stangs, and LS1 camaro's. always white too... thats the first sign.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    4 years ago, one of my fellow F-body friends (John) was in his 98SS going north on 94 towards the IL-WI border. A 96ish Mustang GT kept pulling up to his back bumper, and backing off. The Mustang repeated this process a number of times, despite no other traffic around. Finally, John got really fed up with the Mustang's behavior, and he dropped it down into 3rd and blasted up to 115 mph leaving the GT well behind. As he coasted back down to speed, the red and blue lights on the Mustang lit up... John got a ticket for speeding and wreckless driving. Cop had it all on video... With legal fees and fines, he spent over $1500.00 on the whole thing. It's not considered entrapment, because you are willingly breaking the law... They've been doing this for a few years to other performance cars on the expressways and tollways. It sucks, but it makes me pay attention to who I'm about to race...

There are a number of those 96-98 Mustangs and also some hardtop Camaro LS1's (no Z28 badging, however) that are owned by the Illinois State Police. They even have regular license plates. 3 small antennaes on the back window and the tints are about the only clue you'll get. That, and they don't have t-tops (kind of rare for a Camaro).

DTR did an excellent job of spotting the cues and identifying the other driver and car in advance as a state police vehicle.
    In that position I would have fought that in court saying that because the mustang continuously rode up on his back bumper, he accelerated in order to avoid a potential dangerous situation.... after all, it was all on camera.
    I dont know, I know its not entrapment, and they have a right do it, but that is just b!tch like and sleezy to instigate a race in an undercover car and then pull them over afterwards... that in my book earn them about as much respect as a sex offender
    Just call me Clark Kent

Most of the cops in my town, in southern NH, are pretty cool. One night we were all out at a local industrial park on the bikes doing wheelies and whatnot, and a cop pulls in. We all immediately get off the bikes and sit around. The cop pulls up and asks us why we stopped. We didn't really know what to say so we just sat there. He was like "I just came back here to watch you guys. One of my buddies is on his way to watch too". We were just shocked and none of us moved. We weren't sure if he was trying to "trap" us. So after a few minutes of chit chat, he calls us pussies and tells us to have at it. So me and a few buddies start doing wheelies while the cop watched. The other cop shows up and they both get out and start smoking cigars while watching us. They call us over after a little while and say "we're not going to bust you but if one of you goes down, we didn't see it and you better have the bike up and out of here in minutes." It was so much fun. They sat and watched us for a good hour or so. Good times. Another quick story. My buddy in his 800whp Supra ran into a cop at an intersection a while back. The cop says nice car and asks for a burnout. My buddy replies with "I'll do one if you do". Next thing ya know, the cop lights em up for a good minute or so. So naturally my buddy returns the favor. The best part was........it's all on video on my friends cam.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

chitowns got more than a few cops with muscle cars.

White late 90's GT
    Blue Camaro
    Green Camaro
    rumors of a Red SC'd LS1

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    chitowns got more than a few cops with muscle cars.

White late 90's GT
    Blue Camaro
    Green Camaro
    rumors of a Red SC'd LS1
    Theres a fire engine red SS LS1 that belong to the department. It was at a local car show in Bartlett. It has "dare" and crap about domestic violence on it though, so its not an undercover car. I asked the cop about it, and he said they took it during a drug bust and it some how got donated to the department. Guy told me it had full length headers, catback, and lid. Pretty mean sounding car.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast