racing cops - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on racing cops within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 7 years ago I was on my way home at around 2 AM. This was back when I was using ...

7 years ago I was on my way home at around 2 AM. This was back when I was using my '66 Mustang as a daily driver. A car comes up behind me very fast and with his brights on. I really didn't pay him much attention until he tunred off the main road behind me, and proceeded to follow me all the way to my house, with his brights on the whole way. I pulled in front of my house, the car pulled behind me. At 2 AM I figured one of my friends was playing a joke on me, or someone was about to try and take my $$/car/etc. I lit the tires up and hauled a$$ through my neighborhood, running stop signs, doing at least 20mph above the speed limit trying to lose the guy. If only I had my WRX back then, but old Mustangs suck as far as handling and the guy stayed pretty close behind me. I turned onto a street that's pretty straight and he came up beside me....WTF it was a cop car! I couldn't see the light bar on the top since he was blinding me with his brights. He never did turn off the blue lights, after he came up beside me he slowed down and turned off. I still get pissed off about that night.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    then his dash cam would have gotten your lic. plate and you would have gotten a rude wake up call that night.
    I saw a squirrel and felt it necesary to hit my breaks to avoid hitting the animal.

if my doing so nearly caused an accident, maybe the officer should not have been following so closely.

I have used this excuse before and it has worked. more than once. I have no problem brake checking a cop if it is deserved.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I saw a squirrel and felt it necesary to hit my breaks to avoid hitting the animal.

if my doing so nearly caused an accident, maybe the officer should not have been following so closely.

I have used this excuse before and it has worked. more than once. I have no problem brake checking a cop if it is deserved.

Yeah great, you braked to hit a squrrel then took off for the sheer hell of it?

Yeha yeah great, you'll slam on the brakes while a cops tailgating you.

then you'll come here posting a rant when it doesn't work out the way you'd planned.

--Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Damn everyone has a cop story. welll.........so do I

2 actually

One where the cop actually reved his engine next to me and looked over, i should have done it, but im afraid of the freakin interceptor.

One night i heard police sirens going up and down the streets all around me, so i went outside, as i did, i heard a few loud noises that sound too much like a car crashing. About 5 cops were chasing a base audi TT, That must have been hard to chase, you could prolly have one hand on the wheel and put it one cruise. Anyway, when i drove over to the scene of the accident, a few cops actually came over and talked to my brother and I and said "is that a wrx, i wish you would have been running from us it would have been alot more fun and harder to catch you" and for a few seconds i felt like yelling "hey piggy's Im drunk" and then running to my car and stepping on the gas.

And WHY does everyone have a picture of a ****-ing cat in there avtar

Yeah great, you braked to hit a squrrel then took off for the sheer hell of it?

Yeha yeah great, you'll slam on the brakes while a cops tailgating you.

then you'll come here posting a rant when it doesn't work out the way you'd planned.
    who said anything about taking off? I dont "take off"... If I get tailed too closely by a cop, I brake check him... I have no problem doing so. I say there was a small animal in the road, he cant prove whether there was or was not, and if he wants to show a vid in court, he would be incriminating himself because the vid would show that he was obviously riding my rear
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    who said anything about taking off? I dont "take off"... If I get tailed too closely by a cop, I brake check him... I have no problem doing so. I say there was a small animal in the road, he cant prove whether there was or was not, and if he wants to show a vid in court, he would be incriminating himself because the vid would show that he was obviously riding my rear
    Hellafast did.

And you go ahead and keep that mentality that you're going to be able to do it and have nothing come down on you. I'll be interested to see what happens if and when it ever does happen to you. While you may not be at fault for the accident I wouldn't be soo confident you'd get off without anything. Douge542 on chitown thought the same thing, and he checked someone. Well he was labeled at fault and given several tickets.

VOLFAN: Hey how are the cops on I-75 right now in LEX? I've not been home in a year, I'm getting some leave coming up and I was gonna bring the EVO down. Just wondering if they still have any speed traps setup like they did a year ago when they where doing matience on I-75 making it three lanes.

As for cop stories I have now befriended one whom actually is in love with my EVO and have gotten him to agree to bring out his Laser Pro II, Ka Radar gun and what ever else they have. We are waiting for a sweet weekend where we can tape all of it so I can host the video of the Blinder M-20 kicking lasers ass

Also going to test VEIL laser absorbing coating and my radar dectector the passport 8500 x50 up against my friends new valentine 1 1.8.

This is going to be a fun video to make and if anyone is in the DE area and wants to come out and have some fun let me know and I'll get you a date. More than likley at this point I'm thinking its gonna be May or June.

thestaton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Hellafast did.

And you go ahead and keep that mentality that you're going to be able to do it and have nothing come down on you. I'll be interested to see what happens if and when it ever does happen to you. While you may not be at fault for the accident I wouldn't be soo confident you'd get off without anything. Douge542 on chitown thought the same thing, and he checked someone. Well he was labeled at fault and given several tickets.
    Your avatar kills me. Your cats like "Yo!".... I'm.. retarded. Stupid daylight savings, need more coffee.

iv got one of those stories also. 1997 driving my 1992 5.0 lx stang home in n.j. @ 10pm (sicklerville vicinity) . this guy flies up on my ass in a 35 mph zone. i drive normal for 3 miles. i turn onto my street and so does he, still on my ass. usualy i ignor people like this. they are behind, what can they do....lol. neway, i nail it, within seconds lights go on. I could not believe a cop was on my ass like that. So he walks up to the car, i say" i cnat believe you are a cop riding my like that". he says" ya, i was wondering why you took off like that" ... he comes back, asks me where im going "4 houses up" i say. Tells me nice car and be carefull.
    i have always had very very good luck with cops.

Hellafast did.

i didnt take off, i was just saying I would if I had Tim's car
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I only ran from a cop once...(in a car) and that was because it was in my moms maxima and i was like 2 minutes away from my garage. Young and stupid i didn't even have a permit and i had stolen my moms car to go impress some chicky. I was on my way home at like 3am and dude tried to creep up on me running compleatly dark. I didn't even think about his camera catching my plate but i just floored it banged a turn into the residential area i live in and scooted into the garage. 2 minutes later there are two cops on my street with their lights on and search lights out.

Didn't matter to me i was up in my room at that point.

still though - its almost never a good idea to run from the cops - no matter how much faster our cars are - you can never outrun the radio.

-J
    Couple of mods here and there.
    <--- My other passion.

I have seen a burgundy Ford Crown Vic around here with dual exhausts and 20" rims, and it's a police cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by medic
    I have seen a burgundy Ford Crown Vic around here with dual exhausts and 20" rims, and it's a police cruiser.
    Sounds like Mr. T's cop car, that is if he ever went legit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast