racing cops - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on racing cops within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jdmpwrdr Most of the cops in my town, in southern NH, are pretty cool. One night we ...

Quote Originally Posted by jdmpwrdr
    Most of the cops in my town, in southern NH, are pretty cool. One night we were all out at a local industrial park on the bikes doing wheelies and whatnot, and a cop pulls in. We all immediately get off the bikes and sit around. The cop pulls up and asks us why we stopped. We didn't really know what to say so we just sat there. He was like "I just came back here to watch you guys. One of my buddies is on his way to watch too". We were just shocked and none of us moved. We weren't sure if he was trying to "trap" us. So after a few minutes of chit chat, he calls us pussies and tells us to have at it. So me and a few buddies start doing wheelies while the cop watched. The other cop shows up and they both get out and start smoking cigars while watching us. They call us over after a little while and say "we're not going to bust you but if one of you goes down, we didn't see it and you better have the bike up and out of here in minutes." It was so much fun. They sat and watched us for a good hour or so. Good times. Another quick story. My buddy in his 800whp Supra ran into a cop at an intersection a while back. The cop says nice car and asks for a burnout. My buddy replies with "I'll do one if you do". Next thing ya know, the cop lights em up for a good minute or so. So naturally my buddy returns the favor. The best part was........it's all on video on my friends cam.
    thats awesome. why cant cops in Long Island be like that?? you should post the video up with ur friend and cop doing burnouts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

t
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    you should post the video up with ur friend and cop doing burnouts

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Theres a fire engine red SS LS1 that belong to the department. It was at a local car show in Bartlett. It has "dare" and crap about domestic violence on it though, so its not an undercover car. I asked the cop about it, and he said they took it during a drug bust and it some how got donated to the department. Guy told me it had full length headers, catback, and lid. Pretty mean sounding car.
    might not be that car, it was seen on 290 and was blown.

I'll have to give him a shout to see if he can dig up the video. It happened about 2 years ago. Hopefully he still has it around.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

Cops that ride your bumper to try and get you to speed up in order to ticket you shouldn't be cops. That's dangerous and there is no justification for it other than to ticket otherwise innocent people, most that are just avoiding being hit by someone illegally and dangerously tailgating them and following them.

That said, on my way to Birmingham last week, I found a very well dressed down Crown Vic "police interceptor" averaging 90-110 mph in a 65 zone, so I paced him. He repeatedly sped up to try and lose me, couldn't, so slowed down then tried again. When we got to a town and red lights and had to stop, I looked at him in his mirror and he was staring at me, REALLY pissed looking, grinding his teeth. Then he turned into McDonald's without bothering to use a signal or turn lane.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by renichms
    Cops that ride your bumper to try and get you to speed up in order to ticket you shouldn't be cops. That's dangerous and there is no justification for it other than to ticket otherwise innocent people, most that are just avoiding being hit by someone illegally and dangerously tailgating them and following them.

just brake-check them, last time i checked it wasnt against the law to slow down
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

It's funny to read all these stories about police offers instigating this sort of behavior. According to the lawmakers, it's not so much the organized races that cause problems, it's the impromptu hazardous driving on city streets between anonymous parties that causes accidents. Therefore, it seems a little bit hypocritical for a cop to engage in EXACTLY that type of behavior.

I was in Annapolis driving my car at like 1am one morning with my friend behind me in his prelude. I ripped over this bridge (since I know you can't get pulled over on this bridge), but noticed my buddy didn't follow suit like he usually would. I slowed down, and as the road moved to 2 lanes each way, this CLEARLY labeled white and black impala police cruiser comes out from behind him. I guess he saw me gun it and was hoping I'd do it again. So what does this dude do? He turns off his headlights, so he's running 100% dark, and starts running back and forth on my rear bumper....accelerate, coast down, accelerate up really close, coast down. This went on for about 3 or 4 minutes, all the while I'm wondering why the hell a clearly marked cop car has his lights off trying to instigate a race. Deciding that my NY plates and 300whp are enough for me to avoid a ticket, I gunned it in 3rd and sort of escaped. As soon as I was on full boost running, his regular driving lights came on and he tried to follow...didn't work too well for him, he never got close enough for me to really determine if he was going to turn on the red and blues and try to pull me over.

I wish I could have gotten his cruiser number to report that, it was

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650
    I wish I could have gotten his cruiser number to report that, it was

I still would have brake-checked him... then used your car to speed away

[/dreaming about driving tims car]
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    I still would have brake-checked him... then used your car to speed away

[/dreaming about driving tims car]
    then his dash cam would have gotten your lic. plate and you would have gotten a rude wake up call that night.

Just the other day a guy cuts me off on an old Lincoln Towncar. I sped up a little to get in front of him (we were approaching a red light and my lane WAS clear b4 he cut me off). I stop at the light and then sped off from the light thinking what a d!ck he was for cutting me off. He comes flying up next to me and starts honking and then flashes a badge at me! Now this dude was old with gray hair and he was heavy like an old heavy dude who can hardly walk from the looks of it. I look at him and now I'm confused. He honks more and I look again thinking WTF did I do wrong? So I process everything and gave the guy the bird. He honked more I look again and he flashes this badge again so I flip him the bird again! Now my turn is coming up so I get in the right turn lane and stop for the red light. Moron nearly rearended the cars that were stopped in the left lane at the red light!!! I get a green arrow and turn off laughing my arse off.

They always say don't believe when someone flashes a badge from an unmarked car. I never saw a "cop" who was such a bad/unattentive driver.

More than likely pinkerton security or something similar.

Hahahahhaa. I love these stories... only the ones that have a happy ending however.

I was on 95N in MA coming up from the outlet malls down in wrenthem in my old 97 Integra Type R. I had a few mods but the major one was a greddy turbo kit. I was pretty much minding my business in light traffic when a tinted out Monte Carlo SS dropped on fat rubber with chrome exhaust pipes comes up next to me and tries to cut in infront of me. Normally if anyone asks to get infront of me i let them in... but he wasn't asking he was trying to shove his way in.

So i dropped into 4th (3rd gear was pretty un-needed with the turbo kit... Hondas are Top end cars anyway) and started to pull hard on him. This guy jumps on my tail and starts trying to ride me hard and i start to think he's probably some bad tempered red neck out run the little honda off the road that isn't suposed to be faster than his baby. I mean SH** this guy was really on my ass like a nascar driver.

So i ditched him. I'm not a fan of racing in traffic but when someone looks like their trying to ram you you do what you gotta do. Three times i lost this guy - I'd jump real far ahead of him in traffic and slow down - hoping he'd give up, but all three times i see this guy flying through traffic like an elephant in a china shop. He almost killed like three people - it was crazy.

So traffic has pretty much thinned out at this point and he's almost on me again, so i just leave it in fifth and dog it. Past 120mph (on the speedo.. i've heard their pretty inaccurate past 100) he starts fallin back, But as i passed the 145 (baiscally straight down) i see his head lights start blinking.

I'm like ARE YOU $#LKDJFLKE##RUSF SEARIOUS?!@$ he had the blinking headlights and the blue lights on the dash - and i knew he had my plate so i just pulled over. I put both wrists out the window with my drivers lic and registration - because i'm sure this guy is gonna cuff me. But instead he just took my stuff and walked back to his car - didn't even say a word. Comes back with a $575 ticket

$100 for illegal lane changing
    $35 for head restraint fund
    $450 for 112 in a 65.

I figure he was out of accurate range for his speedo by the time i was really flying. But i brought it to court and guess what?

he never showed......

-J
    Couple of mods here and there.
    <--- My other passion.

We get hammered if we race in Aus.
    Sometimes cops are OK though.

http://www.elit3.com/upload.php?file...arkWarmup.mpeg
    Silver Wagon Club

Quote Originally Posted by archiebrown
    We get hammered if we race in Aus.
    Sometimes cops are OK though.

http://www.elit3.com/upload.php?file...arkWarmup.mpeg