blitz dual turbo timer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on blitz dual turbo timer within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; ill put the wiring info up latter [ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: p7r4e7y ]...

Post blitz dual turbo timer

ill put the wiring info up latter

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: p7r4e7y ]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i like how you set up your turbo timer, I'm planning on buying a blitz dual TT and am considering placing it where you did. It looks really nice. I'm wondering how you actually cut the hole. Did you use a utility knife? How did you make sure the hole was even and flat?
    Black 5spd WRX

i cut the hole with a utility knife because i didnt want to have to paint over any rough edges.
    when making the hole start a little smaller than exact so it will have a snug fit.
    i trimmed the two ridges under the vent ducts so the timer would sit flat and i also placed velcro there to hold it in place.
    the only problem i have is reflections on the face, i think when my windows are tinted that problem will be no more.

Wink

I'm going to do this in a few days for my GReddy turbo timer which is about the same size... The part that says "Cut from front" or "Cut from back" is a little confusing to me... only because I don't think I can see what's going on in that picture. It looks like the light is reflecting on it funny making it tough to tell what I see. Can you enlighten me when you get a chance? Thanks!
    Motionblurrr

(AKA Indexed Color or NET WRX)

I have another concern about the wiring harness. The HKS wiring harness part #WRXHAR doesn't work with the factory alarm. is there a wiring harness that does? Did you just hard wire it?
    Black 5spd WRX

in the front, on the top, there is a crease you can run the knife along to ensure the cut is straight.
    on the bottom if you run the blade along the back you will get a straight cut.
    it took me a while but eventually it cut through.

hardwire. but i dont have the factory alarm. if you cut a wire(not sure which one) it will work with the alarm.

[ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: p7r4e7y ]

Help!

I was surprised to see that most posts are worried about the electricla part of it. After reading instructions around here and buying a harness, everything is pretty much straight forward. Now, this may be funny to you but I'm really worried about the boot side of it. I just got mine yesterday, did my homework and read as much as I could on the installation of that TT. It's not clear at all how I can hook up that vaccum hose. I understand how it would go from point A to B. but what line do I tap it in??? In the box, there was a small sealed plastic bag that had the plastic T, some ties, and a red plastic wire connector(?!). What do I do with that red connector?
    Then I put eveything down and understand exactly(kind of) what goes where. That plastic T seems to be real small. I look by the turbo and found a bunch of hoses of different sizes but not sure I found one that would match the size of that T. Am I supposed to play McGyver and come up with some parts on my own?(Dude, McGyver is tight, 2 sticks, gum, and a rubber band, and you get an helicopter....)

Thank you!
    (my MBC JoeP comes in today... please help ASAP!!!)
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Re: Help!

Originally posted by ticrab
    (Dude, McGyver is tight, 2 sticks, gum, and a rubber band, and you get an helicopter....)
    don't forget about the Swiss Army knife!

Awesome pics! wish more tutorials were like that

prey747 or anyone: d'ya think it's possible to mount it full flush right, almost up against the cup holder? Call me picky, but I think it'd look better. .. is the problem that center support piece? Since the display is only 16mm thick, would it be possible to bore a hole into the support with a Dremel?

I also have a Q about Blitz TT models, in case anyone knows: DTT-DC has the boost guage and FATT-DC has the auto timer setting + aux guage readings, right? ...do any TT's have both? I don't plan on getting a boost controller, or extra guages (yay DTT) but it'd be nice to have the auto-timer.

Sure, the Blitz dual TT is both the gauge and the turbo timer. if that was the question, it was a bit unclear.

--RaCinWRX

Sorry, it wasn't clear. The Full Auto TT (Blitz's other model) doesn't have a boost guage, but it has an "auto meter" which apparently sets itself depending on recent turbo use. (not sure how it senses that) It also has temp and volt read-out

Does the dual TT have an "auto" setting for the timer?

.. basically I'm wondering if there's a super delux TT out there that has a guage and an auto setting.. (and the temp would be nice too!) Does that exist?

I Support ClubWRX
    I would also like to know how to read the boost on this TT. What does hkpa mean. I need to know how to convert hkPa to psi. And how does that refer to boost? I would like to set my Turbo from either 15psi to 15.5psi. Is that too much? Isn't the original factory settings something like 14.5? I don't want too detonate too much and melt a piston or something. As soon as I get this TT, I will get a MBC to tune it. But I need to know how to convert hkPa to psi. I did a search and I couldn't really find anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dtt-dc.jpg  

Guys,

How do you guys wire the TT into the alarm system.

Over here in Australia we have the STi keypad alarm system which sits under the handbrake which seems to be causing a few problems with people installing TTs.

Do you guys have that alarm system on your cars?

Cheers
    Antony

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's a link to a site that explains the installation and wiring it to the alarm.

http://wrx.swankmonkey.com/turbotimer/

Also here: http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...66#post1710066

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 04-10-2002 at 08:23 PM.

Those wiring instructions look like pretty much standard turbo timer wiring instructions.

In Australia we have 2 separate alarm systems.

The remote alarm that has the remote on your car key and the STi keypad alarm which is a keypad that sits under your handbrake and requires you to enter a 4 digit pin to turn off the alarm so you can start your car.

This STi alarm has anti-hijack features that basically cuts in if you leave the car running after a drive, remove your seatbelt and get out.

Its this anti-hijack feature thats causing a problem as with TT your turn off the car and get out and the TT runs the car for a period of time and shuts down.

But with the STI alarm once you get out of the car the hijack mode is triggered and the alarm cuts in and shuts your car down in like a minute and sets the alarm off.

Damn annoying.

Cheers
    Antony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast