Pictures I Promised! (MBC, Boost tap, Amp install)

This is a discussion on Pictures I Promised! (MBC, Boost tap, Amp install) within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Here are a few pictures I promised some members. I have been getting a lot of PM's and emails about ...

I Support ClubWRX

Pictures I Promised!

Here are a few pictures I promised some members. I have been getting a lot of PM's and emails about these mods and I thought I would take the time to snap some shots for your viewing pleasure since I finally bought a digital camera.

Here is where I mounted my TurboXS MBC. Easy access to the adjuster screw and short hoses caused me to mount it in the place I did.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 09-01-2002 at 09:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Sweeeet. What do I need to do this? Where do I buy it? Easy to do?

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a picture of the 1/4" X 1/4" X 1/8" T I installed to access boost for my Blitz Dual DC Turbo Timer. Anyone wanna hook me up with a REAL 1/4" X 1/4" X 1/8" T. I can never seem to find one when I go to the parts store. DR. Wanna help? I know you work at a parts store.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a couple pictures of my amp and Bazooka subwoofer installed in my trunk. The bazooka box has been updated with a Rockford Fosgate Punch 10" sub. I am also running it off of the stock 6 disk cd-changer, ala converter for the RCA cables.

The second picture is of my HUGE RED amp switch which I can turn my amp on and off at my leisure. But it looks pretty clean in that location IMO.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

I Support ClubWRX

2.2K Ohm resistor Mod

I have gotten a lot of questions on this mod. So here is the link for the mod. I won't post a picture since I already posted a thread on this subject at:

2.2K Ohm Resistor Mod

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by PhreeZe
    Sweeeet. What do I need to do this? Where do I buy it? Easy to do?

Jason
    Jason,
    I used the mounting bracket that came with the TurboXS MBC kit. I bought 2 1' sections of vaccuum hose. Total cost of the hose. $.50 You can see where I mounted it from the picture. There is a bolt hoding the two hose connectors in place. I took this out and made the hole a bit bigger in the bracket and monted it there. I also used 4 worm gear type clamps on each of the hose connections. Super easy to do.

Good Luck,
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    WTF I didnt get a bracket with my TurboXS MBC......

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Here is a picture of the 1/4" X 1/4" X 1/8" T I installed to access boost for my Blitz Dual DC Turbo Timer. Anyone wanna hook me up with a REAL 1/4" X 1/4" X 1/8" T. I can never seem to find one when I go to the parts store. DR. Wanna help? I know you work at a parts store.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    i have those in stock. what's wrong with the one you have? how is it not REAL? does it have an adapter on it to get the 1/8" nub?

i'd happily mail you one if you need it.

dR